PDA

View Full Version : Monday Show & Tell

FiredDesires
10-04-2004, 03:06 AM
Well, its' Monday somewhere...so I'll start it off. Here are some powder pink base with raku beads.....loving this raku...

castaway
10-04-2004, 03:23 AM
great color strike, had a play with this stuff myself, seems to react differently
on different base colors, these are on , copper green, cobalt blue and silver pink.
cheers, Bernard

glasglas
10-04-2004, 04:56 AM
We haven't had a chance to play with the raku yet, but are looking forward to giving it a try. I hope we can begin to get some of the glorious effects we've seen here!

Meanwhile, we're just back home from 2 fabulous but exhausting weeks in Italy and settling in. For some reason, my FTP can't connect to allow me to update our website with Italy pics/journal or new beads for sale :::argh:::, but here are the auctions I got going last night.

The fire tabs were pressed with ice tongs, so thanks to the people who have mentioned that option. The kaleidoscope was time-consuming, but we like the result. The copper green/EDP/black vessel is possibly one of my favorites that Scott has done. The October Frost set and Mamabead are etched -- ooh, I do love the feel of etched beads.

peace --
debbie and scott

GinaJ
10-04-2004, 05:27 AM
Happy Monday Everyone!
Catharine, beautiful work with the Raku
Bernard, great beads!!!
Debbie and Scott, you must be all inspired after your trip, can't wait to see the pictures! your beads are wonderful, love the etched!!
Here's mine, Moretti ambers and black, with SIS:

jeffwelsh23462
10-04-2004, 07:11 AM
good monday morning! EVERYONE GLASS LOOKS AWESOME!~ Here is my stuff for the day.. a shark, a dolphin and 3 sea dragons!
all will be up on ebay tonight but we have an erray of sea dragon's up now in various colors and shapes... :rolleyes: :clap: :p

dawnann
10-04-2004, 07:15 AM
Good Morning...Here are 3 for me today..

1. SIS with Dark Ivory
2. Rakue/Blue
3. Raku/Green (What do you think of this color combo? I'm not to sure of it.

Everyone Great Beads...I think we have a raku thread going.....have a Wonderful Day! Dawn

Moonjewels!
10-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Oh me too with this Raku, hard to leave this stuff alone!
These are made on a clear base. Love seeing everyone else's beads:):):)
Mj

KellyD
10-04-2004, 08:37 AM
Lot's of great raku beads everyone!
Gina- I always love looking at your beads, the amber set is great!
Debbie and Scott- the Mama Bead is so sweet!
Jeff- Great job, love the shark!

Here is mine for the day, Froggie Went a Courtin Set.
Kelly

Onalee
10-04-2004, 08:54 AM
Great work, everybody. I'm loving all the different effects with jitterbug.Gina your beads are so pretty. A little like boro. I tried that once and need to do it again. I liked what I got. Jeff, as always your sea horses are great.
Just loved everyone's work this morning. Here is my latest Raku set. Of course on black. Onalee

Onalee
10-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Dawnann, I think your green set is my favorite. I bet you could do a lot with that conbination. What green did you use, may I ask? Onalee

BioImage
10-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Looks like we're off to a good start this morning with lots of nice work coming in early. I finally got my torch fired up again after clearing water out of the shop twice in the last 2 weeks. Here's my reef bead from Saturday night. I made the SS end caps and put it all together yesterday afternoon.
Cheers,
Robert

dawnann
10-04-2004, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=Onalee]Dawnann, I think your green set is my favorite. I bet you could do a lot with that conbination. What green did you use, may I ask? Onalee[/QUOT

Onalee, it is Pet. Green. Have a great day, Dawn

Becky Mason
10-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Congrats to all of you who are having success with your raku frit. I've given up temporarily on raku - will try again in a week or two. I just can seem to get the colors to pop.

Jeff, your skill in capturing the perfect proportions on your sea life is truly amazing. Gorgeous work today. I especially love the dolphin.

Here is my contribution for today. A set of lentils that I listed on eBay last night. I've gotten 2 very nice emails from other lampwork artists, but no bids - yet.

Now for the tell part - base of Czech dark smoke topaz, rolled in silver foil, wrapped in fat opal yellow stringer. I was thrilled with the array of colors I got from these. Part of it is the opal yellow, but I think part came from the base of topaz seeping up through the silver.

Becky

Amozoo
10-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Nice beads today. I made my first twisty lines this weekend, can you believe it? All this time and I've never made one. So now I'm on a twisty line jag.

kybeadmaker
10-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Wonderful eye candy..great way to start the week !!! The black beads here are made with the mini squeeze. The pink in the first set is made with Gaffer cane. Have great torch day !!!

margaretz
10-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone! Great stuff today already!

This has gotta be a fly-by (sorry)... have much to do today!!!

Here's a "Beach Pebble" focal (lotsa silver and greens) and a "Biologicals" style bead with red. Enjoy!

Linnea
10-04-2004, 10:41 AM
PRETTIES,,, I just got some gaffer cane and can't wait to play. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tomsanctuary426
10-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Good morning to all!!! I just want to thank everyone for their warm welcome to Wet Canvas. You truly know how to make a person feel welcomed. I have browsed through everyone's work and I am simply amazed at all of the talent. Everything is gorgeous. Here is my contribution for the day. Have a nice day. :D
Tom and Karen
SANCTUARY GLASS

CalmWaterStudio
10-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Beautiful work, everyone!

My cat beads have even gotten in on the raku obsession we all seem to have!!!

Briatha
10-04-2004, 11:14 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gifThanks for sharing all the awesome treasures!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gif

double S
10-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Beautiful work all. I just got my raku and can't make it sing yet, just makes tan or ted. I love "froggie went a courtin" but now I have that song stuck in my head :wink2:
2 sets that just sold on ebay
Sea Foam -copper green, lavender, violet
Zinfandel-- my highest price for a set :clap: variation on the purple, rubino silver foil theme

2 going up tonight
Lichen--copper green, sage green, green frit, raku stinger
Bordeaux-- see Zinfandel above
Lisa

Alan Cross
10-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Great stuff everyone....its always such a treat! :clap: :clap:
Alan :)

jeffwelsh23462
10-04-2004, 11:50 AM
[B]Beautiful work, everyone!

My cat beads have even gotten in on the raku obsession we all seem to have!!!

absolutely love the cat bead.. sooo very cute....
ohh i forgot here are 3 more things i made, have been super busy!

koregon
10-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Happy Monday all...weird thing to say huh? Monday is the day I dislike most about the whole week LOL...Catharine! you did that raku I sent you justice...very nice!
thanks for all the beautiful eye candy this morning all...today is the start of more productive days for me...less wc time, excercise on the ecliptical glider starts today...and redo'ing all the office here and sorting my jewelry making things so I can actually work...well I hope to get all that done...grrrrrrrrr.

while on the back of the harley on a ride this weekend...I thought of this one...came home and made a set...I love them..they are my favorite raku jitterbug powder beads to date...a rustic floral design.

have a great day.......a set of squeezed beads..of course...I can't pull myself to put that darn tool away.

firemonkey
10-04-2004, 12:46 PM
A big thank you to everyone - This thread starts my week off on a very positive and beautiful way. :clap:
Many lovelies today- a special note to Lisa (DoubleS):
Beautiful soft colors-unique!
And Kaye:
Gorgeous as usual-these florals really look Batik-y to me!

A few from me-this pattern will surely be the death of me. So simple in theory, yet in practice? :rolleyes:
All Moretti-Dk. Ivory, Black, Intense Black, Copper green and adventurine
frit. And the ubiquitous silver leaf on all.

FiredDesires
10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Great contributions everyone.....yes, I caught the "raku flu" when my friend, Kaye Husko, sent me some of the stuff. Could never get my hands on any, so my whining paid off...as she sent me a very generous amount to play with! Enough to keep me from whining for quite awhile :evil: or not! Kaye, had to show one more set I made last week after seeing your first picture....is that too close, or what!?

Paula D
10-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Wow. What a great show and tell today!!! Thank goodness for show at tell (and WC). It gives me something to do at work all day when I'm supposed to be staring at this computer screen!!! :D
Paula

lepoppet
10-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Sunday nights are always R&D nights for me. Here's a raised floral focal.

Maria

emmytr1
10-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Once again a wonderful show and tell. Being on a HH I'm am so ev of envious all the beautiful Raku beds, I just can't get it to do anything really pretty. Maybe I'll play more with it tommorrow, as it's my day off. A set from me, again, my norm. I was going for Christmas beads but they ended up looking like fall leaf colors instead.

Mary Lou

TwistNglass
10-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Holly, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave: WOW!

Rose

Bubbyanne
10-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi Holly,
I have to agree with Rose. WOW! Those are some really cool beadies!
Beautiful, thanks for sharing.
Barb

firemonkey
10-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Hi Rose! :wave:
Hi Barb! :wave:
Thanks to you both!!!