PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Drookit (wash)- Monday 4th October 04***

Roun2it
10-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Morning each,

Hope the use of Henry's wet, wash term Drookit doesn't throw everyone :confused:

Well went to bed at about 11pm and got up at 2-15am, been watching TV and fiddling on the puta since. I hate not sleeping, you'd think after all this time I'd be used to it, but I'm not.

Some would say fine you get extra hours in a day, but you don't, you just feel weak and weary, especially during the times you should be asleep. I normally feel great during normal wake up times, funny, eh?

Anyway, all you white light senders, please light up your beacons and send light to our friend Mags, she is in hospital today for her cancer operation, I think she and her husband Tom will need all the help they can get to get them through the day.

Silly me, I'm still reeling after I made a rash challenge to Chris yesterday, and I've now got a year of painting and poems!!!!!! What............? well when I get roun2it!! :p It should be fun......shouldn't it!!

Ottersong
10-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Sending white light and healing to Mags and peace tp her husband. I am limited to 3o minutes on the puta still so I used some of the time tonight to say hi to all. I get the IV out of my arm tomorrow, start physical therapy on WED to learn hhow to walk again. I am so tird of being so limited that I could scream. I want to go down to the studio so bad I can taste it it but the steps are so tall I just can't get back up again. I hope to be off of all of these sleepy/groggy type meds soon, the really interfere with my painting. I miss all of you so much.

Hugs to all, white light for all who are in need and peace for those who are stressed.

Much love to all, Otter

Roun2it
10-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Morning Mary, your road to recovery has been so long, but nice to see that you are coping with all the twists and turns you have encountered on your way. I'm sure Mags wouldn't mind you keeping some of that healing light for yourself.

It will all seem so differant when you get off the meds, and the exercise kicks in. All the best.

mr sandbanx
10-04-2004, 12:46 AM
Kevin are you painting and poeming already??? Yikes I wish you would sleep.Thinking of your friend and will say a little prayer for her.

Good to see mary here too, if only briefly.

Hi to everyone, just finished church newsletter so its off to bed here.

Hope everyone has a great day. I have "Paint one stroke at a time class later" someone shoot me... actually tonight we paint a GREEN!!!!!!! cloth hung over a chair... dont know if I can take the excitement.

Meeting with Malty in eight hours..... Hope he brings donuts again.

Chris

Olga
10-04-2004, 03:14 AM
Morning friends,
Kev--hope you finally got some sleep. I hate it when I can't sleep--the world looks pretty bleak when you wake up after just a couple of hours of sleep...And, I am sure, the worry about your friend does not help. White light heading her way...

OTTER!!! Good to see you and hope recovery continues at a good pace.

:wave: Chris
Good to see that Pam's back :wave:

I spent yesterday painting--did not even stick my nose out the door despite the beautiful weather... Today is the first deadline of Jaytee's and my challenge. Fun to see that there are others in the "are you mad?" category. I am just glad that I don't have to write a poem every week as well (and for the reassurance that there are those more crazy than I am ;) )
Jaytee--are you ready yet??? I still need to scan.

Well--time to get moving.... it is Monday and by now I should be working.

Higgles and Jingles and Weaves to all

Olga

Sharon Douglas
10-04-2004, 03:31 AM
Good morning all,
Kev I know exactly how you are feeling this morning, I didn`t sleep a wink either :( I feel fine at the moment, but give it a few hours and I`ll be all tired, weak and most probably weepy :crying:)
I had a horrble feeling in my tongue, it felt as though it was swollen and that was closing my throat. :confused:
Everytime I almost dropped off, I`d wake in a panic because I felt as though my throat had sealed over :eek:

White light to Mags, I hope you recieved my email last week.

Mary, good to see you, hopefully you`ll be in that studio sooner than you know.

Olga, good luck with the challenge, I`m quite exited about Andy and mine, I`m sure the novelty will wear off pretty quickly though :D

Kev and Chris, speaking of challenges.....what on earth posessed you, poems as well :confused:
Anyway I must get the kids ready for school, :wave:
Seeya all later :wave:

Yorky
10-04-2004, 03:47 AM
Morning all :wave:

Hi Kev, hope the knee is healing, sorry you can't sleep - I have had that problem for 30 years - end up listening to the World Service in my left (tinnitus) ear, hoping to drop off. I never get up though, just wait it out. Thinking of Mags and her husband, hope the operation goes well.

Hi Sharon - you too can't sleep :rolleyes: I found if you have a small portion of cereal and milk before you turn in it helps your digestion and breathing.

Hi Mary - nice to see you posting again and good to hear that your recovery is back on track. It seems to have been a long time since your operation.

Hi Olga, hi Chris :wave:

Miserable windy and rainy morning here, painting class this afternoon and i have Probus admin to do this morning.

BBL Doug

Lulu
10-04-2004, 03:55 AM
Hi everyone:)
Have had a good day, been springcleaning lol
Cleaning out my drawers (how's your imagination Kev?? :angel: ), cupboards, etc in the kitchen, throwing out stuff past the use-by date, cleaning dining room, laundry etc. Hope this keeps up, I'll have the whole house done in no time!

Kev, will be thinking positive thoughts and praying for Mags and Tom - a very difficult time for them. And for you and Chris.
Hope you sleep better tonight.
I usually sleep pretty well, but it's usually when I need sleep the most that I don't get it.
But last night I slept well, and today had two hours sleep in the afternoon.
Great life eh! lol

Mary, great to see you here, even if for a short while.

Hi Sharon, Doug, Olga, Chris and anyone else who might have snuck in while I'm typing :wave:

Europa
10-04-2004, 04:24 AM
GOOD MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Don't even ask what I am doing up at this unearthly hour - I had a bit of a brain fuzz and got up around 9am. Will probably be asleep this afternoon...lol.

Sending hugs to Mags and Mary and anyone else who needs them.

Waving to Sharon - Doug - Kev - Lulu - Olga and Chris.

Accounts day today - oh joy!! so will be a busy bee - weather is c**p outside so thank god I dont need to venture out for anything.

Soooooo am off to get some brekky - SWMBO is still in bed - boy will she be surprised.....lol.

Later gang.

Love and Hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!

Pat xxx

andylavallee
10-04-2004, 04:47 AM
Good ?????? all I'm confused look at the names in here already!!!, bad weather has just gone over and its cold now.
Got Dr this pm to try and decide ,what job if any I am able to do in the future, should be interesting discussion , I think maybe the difference between what could be and what will be may be a tad large.

Quote Yorky "Hi Kev, hope the knee is healing, sorry you can't sleep - I have had that problem , left (tinnitus) ear, hoping to drop off. I never get up though, just wait it out. Thinking of Mags and her husband, hope the operation goes well. " Why is your ear going to drop off Doug :D

my thoughts with all those suffering and having ops and things. I hope Mags day turns out well ((((((((white light))))))))))))

painterbear
10-04-2004, 04:55 AM
Good Morning all,

It is quarter to five here in Ohio, dark and chilly. I have my winter robe on and a nice warm cup of tea sitting beside the mouse on my desk. It's a long way away from the keyboard so I won't spill it here.

I have my painting class this afternoon so need to tear a full sheet of paper into smaller pieces to take with me to all these different classes I'm attending. I love having a nice supply of paper on hand, makes me feel much freer to experiment when I don't have to worry about "saving" a painting if it isn't going well. Today's less is on "Planning Your Values: Thumbnail Sketches." This should come in handy since I am still writing my article on Values for the WC Handbook. (Does anyone know if that is still a live project????)

:music: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GENNA! :music:
Hope you have a terrific day and wonderful year ahead with as much time to paint as you want!

White light and vibrations for recovery for Mags and Otter and Lyn and Susan and Kev and Sharon and Anita and all who are ailing or aching today.

Weaving to Chris, Pat, Olga, Doug, Lulu and AWAYTC! Off to check out the Gallery before doing more Math proofreading. Can you think of anything more boring????? :rolleyes:

SYL,

Sylvia

amaze_1101
10-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Hi there washers. Its been a good day. The kids went back to school today after the 2 week term break so I had a nice peacefull day. Stared at a blank sheet of paper for a while this morning looking for inspiration then I came up with something to paint. (Just posted it in the gallery). Also got a challenge from our Mr Sandbanx to paint him a flower so that's coming next. I quite like having a challenge put to me.

I'm just heading off to bed. Have to go back to work tomorrow (get the school holidays off too) but that's ok cos I love work. Never a day goes by without a good hearty laugh at work, not to mention the ocassional water fight and the odd bit of food tossing at lunch time, you know, french fry, banana skin, that sort of thing. :evil: ...aaarrrhhhhh yep, ya gotta love it! :D

Have a great morning/afternoon/evening and I'll check in again when I wake up! :wave:

Maffet
10-04-2004, 06:11 AM
Hello!!!!!

I am back and alive in my prague's office :wave:

Had horrible adventurous/adrenaline deparature from London and still must recover from that and also dig in hills of e-mails I received so it will take my some time before I will be able to read all wash, look to galleries and write to all people I promised to. :wave:

But at least again BIG THANK to all people I met and wishes of lovely day to all people here in Wetcanvas. I missed you. Soon I will add some travelling stories, because I am really magnet for funny situations. ....

with all my love
from

Jana

Europa
10-04-2004, 06:26 AM
Just a quick message.

Just had a phone call - Jamie been involved in a car crash on his way to the airport - has written my car off - as far as I know he is ok though last thing I heard was he was in an ambulance - think they are just checking him over - cant get hold of him at the moment - so please send some spare white light this way - will let you all know updates as soon as I know myself.

Love and Hugs

Pat x

jaytee
10-04-2004, 06:30 AM
Oh so much here already. .....TMTRI..........

but first things first.............. masses of white light beaming out to Mags and Hub and since theres never any shortage in the supply, to Kev and Otter( good to see you here in person Mary) and all others in the waiting , sick or recovery rooms.

Jana..............seeing you back on line not nearly as good as seeing you in person..............but it will have to do............. good luck with that backlog of work and TAKE CARE!!!!!!!!!!

Sun streaming in here :D .... bang goes the filing again........ though I did find my car insurance certificate at 3.30am so can now tax the car !!!

Have finished reading Harley whosit........ and as a result tinkered with my WDE pic to post as no 1 in Round Bin challenge as a WIP........ think I may have ruined it though:( Will go to gallery next see if Olgas there yet !!!

Sometimes wish my trouble was not sleeping instead of not waking !!! arose at 12.30 pm yesterday........ didnt leave musch of the day !!

Enjoy yours while you can. .... off to feed fish in sunshine !!!

HH&J

andylavallee
10-04-2004, 06:30 AM
Thoughts are with you both Pat, keep us informed

jaytee
10-04-2004, 06:33 AM
Oh Pat ............... white laser beam zooming to you and Jamie.................

Was going to make funny comment to Andy about Doug practising to be Van Gogh...............thats why Im back and watching ............

BobH
10-04-2004, 06:54 AM
Mornin' y'all (I'm practicing my southern, now that I've moved).

Kev, I sympathize with the not sleeping. Since my mom went in the hospital I don't sleep very well. One day I actually felt I was walking with a list! Hope you sleep soon.

I'm still looking at that elephant sheet. Maybe tonight while I watch football. I can stand in the loft upstairs where my table is and see the tv in the living room, maybe that will work.

Sylvia - actually proofing math doesn't sound all that boring to me, but then I've always been easily amused (oohhh, look! a bright, shiny object! :wink2: )

Lulu - I don't know where anyone else's mind went but I snorted coffee through my nose at the visual of you cleaning out your "drawers" :angel:

Getting late for me. I have to get ready for school.

Health and hope to all.

Bob

Roun2it
10-04-2004, 07:07 AM
Here I 'm again.. :music: de de de dit de :music: ..........not

Anyway for starters, Bob you and me alike, after Lulu said what she did about her drawers. I took up the invitation and took a few things down....... :evil:

So here it is HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2768444#post2768444), after all those jibes and puns I finally got roun2it :wink2: :evil: :clap:

Well you gotta laugh, especially at my attempt at cartooning, I think I should leave it to the master!!!!!! Or is that Misteress, sounds bad that though!! :wink2: :p

{Edit} ..Oh Pat just read about Jamie after posting this, hope he is OK....white light beaming down to Manchester

Roun2it
10-04-2004, 07:19 AM
Now on a more sombre note, just heard from Tom, they haven't been able to operate on Mags, the cancer has attacked her bones and it would be too dangerous to remove..........What can you say?

Thanks everyone for the white light, I'm sure they will need your good thoughts and prayers now. :crying:

BBL.

painterbear
10-04-2004, 07:21 AM
Pat,

Special bolt of white light for Jamie AND You! Nothing scares a Mum so much as hearing the kind of news you've just received. Hope it all works out OK and only the car was damaged and Jamie is OK.

Sylvia

Little Old Lady
10-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Greetings :wave:
Kev sorry to hear about Mags. White light!
Good to see Mary here. More whit light for continued healing.
Pat hope everything is all right with Jamie.
I am bad Grandma! Missed grandson's birthday and granddaughter's Saturday. I have it written down in a book but you have to look at the book :crying: !
Where do we find Olga and JT's challenge?
How do you get the WC newsletter?
Have a good one!
JoAnn

jaytee
10-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Keev. .........so sorry......... heart going out to them with white light :crying:

Just posted my first weeks Round Bin Challenge = RBC HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220517)

Calling Olga! calling Olga!!

Starsprite
10-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Morning.... good I guess..haven't woken up yet...lol :)

I did read through and wash and I think Pat's problem right now is what stuck in my mind most

((((((((((((((((((PAT)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I hope Jamie is okay...please let us know.

Gotta run.... have a good un.

madmum
10-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Afternoon all,

I can't think of anything to say except:

((((((((((Pat))))))))) Hope Jamie isn't hurt, white light on its' way just in case.

(((((((Kev))))))) I don't know what to say :( Sending huge amounts of white light to Mags and her family.

Happy birthday Genna!

Hi Mary :wave: Nice to see you popping in :)

The sun is shining here in Hereford after a dull, drookit start :D I want to paint, but choosing a subject is proving difficult - maybe a portrait? :evil:

Hugs and white light to all, bbl,

Ruth

CharM
10-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Oh, what a morning already Washonians!

(((Pat)))... I felt my own heart sink, so cannot imagine how you're doing... Hope everything is ok with Jamie...

Kev... sending beams of white light for Mags (and Tom)... terrible, terrible news...

Glad you made it home safely, Jana... although it was something of an adventure!!!

...good to hear from Mary, even if she can only stay on the computer for a short burst...

Europa
10-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Latest update - they have taken him to Warrington General Hospital - I think they are doing chest x rays on him - so am just waiting for my nephew Liam to pick me up to go there - thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Kev - what can I say - my problem pales to insignificance to some extent thinking of Mags - can only send love and as much white light as possible.

Thanks again everyone - bbl.

Pat xx

Uschi
10-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Good MOrning Everyone!!!! Blue sky, sunshnine, cool and heard soutwest wind will be turning into a northwest wind and we all know what that means - getting colder!

Painted 2 pears on a quarter sheet which I think was two large for two pears since they look enormous. May post it later.

And that is my news LOL

Pam - glad you are back and posting again - missed you!!!!!
Otter - ohhhhh you poor girl, such a long recovery, I hope it goes better and better and faster and faster!! The urge to paint will hurry everything along!!!
Kev - white light for your friend!!! Sorry you couldn't sleep
Olga and JT = looking forward to the product of your madness
Sylvia - I agree with you re freedom when you have lots of paper, that's how I cured my fear of ruining the paper (long time ago). I bought 10 sheets, tore them all into quarter sheets, told myself that each sheet is less than a dollar and with 40 quarter sheets sitting there, one felt like nothing.
Jana - another "missing" wash person back :clap: :clap:
Pat - I am sooooooo sorry, sending lots of white light hoping he is fine!!! Big hugs for you!!!!
Kev - got to the bad news re Mag's operation. I am sooo sorry :crying:

Heading over to the gallery to see "the madness".

Sending good thoughts to one and all and :wave: greetings!!!
Uschi

Olga
10-04-2004, 08:51 AM
((((KEV))))) and ((((PAT))))!

Olga

Maffet
10-04-2004, 09:32 AM
:D Lovely to see you again.

Special :wave: to Ushi, Char, Sylvia and JoAnn

(((((( PAT and Kev)))))) :crying:

Hello Ruth and JT :wave:

I think I have to leave my work for today .... It's time to go home and upack my luggage and do some homeworks. :) Bye bye

Christie
10-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Morning All!

((((Kev)))) I am so sorry to hear about Mags. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers. Such terrible news for them.

((((Pat)))) hopefully this is just a precaution and Jamie is home soon. Will this not give SWMBO more of an excuse to wait on him hand and foot?:D

Both of you please let us know how things go.

Pam and Jana, nice to see you back.:)

Going to be a busy day today. My mother is coming up to spend the day. She is escaping my father who seems to be at loose ends. My guess is that he is trying to help her with the house work again...:D The problem is, she come up here and start rearranging our house...:D

Sylvia, I agree about the paper too. I just need to find the time to waste the paper.:D

Uschi, my daughter says pears can never be too big!:D

Mary, good to see that you have computer time, even if it is limited.:)

Sorry to all I have missed, but I must herd the children out the door for the bus. Be back after my mother leaves.

take care.

Maddie M.
10-04-2004, 10:29 AM
How do you get the WC newsletter?
JoAnn

Hi, JoAnn -- Here's a link to the sign-up page:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/MediaKit/joinlist.html

-- Maddie

Uschi
10-04-2004, 11:16 AM
This has been a very lazy day so far; finally got dressed.

Just popping in to see if there is any news re Pat's son - soooooo hoping for good news!!!

Goiong to do laundrey, am down to my ratty looking you know whats. Flo is coming at 1:00.

Christie - tell your daughter I love to eat pears too!!!!

Uschi

artmom
10-04-2004, 11:21 AM
(((((Pat and Kev))))) and a :wave: to everyone. Read all the posts. :)

((((Mary)))), hang in there, gal!!

JoAnn, I like your new tinyhead!

May your today be better than your yesterday.

Lyn

pampe
10-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Happy Monday, washers ans washerettes!

(((KEV)))

(((PAT)))

my thoughts and prayers are with you!

TIRED today....returned home with sore throat, cold and no luggage (gotta love the London underground for sneezes and coughs) :wink2: :rolleyes:

They brought the bags yesterday afternoon so we are unpacked and laundry was done after a swim.....need to get rid of some of my BRITISH POUNDS!

We had a wonderful time...the best part was KINGTON and meeting everyone.

As always, we did TOO much....3 countries in 2 weeks....2200 miles on the car in 10 days...spent the time in London carless, of course. Saw the new Andrew Llyd Weber show, WOMAN IN WHITE at the theatre....GOOD !!

Hap was able to do a lot of geneology on both sides od his family in Wales and near Derby in England...we even have photos of his great grandfather's house in Wales....very nest!! The librarians in both places were immensely helpful.

Just a sample:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/4054-Abtown.jpg

Aberystwyth, Wales

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/4054-Abswysmall.jpg

Aberystwyth, Wales coastline...Northern Atlantic

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/4054-Caerfillycastlesmall.jpg

Caerphilly Castle, Wales

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/4054-fromConwycastlesmall.jpg

from Conwy castle, Conwy, Wales

When we left Kington, we went to South Wales, then Northern Wales, Snowdonia.....back to England....more to follow

olliewood0702
10-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Just wanted to drop in and say

WHITE LIGHT being sent to:

((((((MARY)))))))

(((((((PAT & JAMIE))))))

(((((((((MAGS & HUBBY)))))))))))))))0

((((((KEV))))))))))

Prayers too to all!!

LOVE the PICTURES!! MORE....More.... :D

Hope you ALL have a GREAT day!

droll13
10-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Great photos - thanks for sharing them with us.

My photo outing last night wasn't too productive. Here are a few:

Interesting shapes - there may be a painting in here somewhere
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/23514-BCW_100304-11-B.jpg

The first of 2 sunset pics
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/23514-PCH-W_100304-28.jpg

The second sunset pic
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/23514-PCH-W_100304-31.JPG

"Thistle" be the last pic (I doubt this is really a thistle, but I can never resist a bad pun)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/23514-BCW_100304-43.JPG

JudyL
10-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi, I love the word "Drookit" but would someone please explain it to me?
My goodness so many people need hugs and white lights, I think I will send the light out to hunt for all in need ((((((((((((*))))))))))))))))
Pat, I really hope Jamie is ok, typical though, they drive you nuts and you want to strangle them, then they go and get in an accident and you are afraid they're hurt. Fingers crossed.
Otter sounds like your getting better. Maybe someone can bring your painting stuff to you, or at least a sketch pad?
The talk about Doug's ears reminded me of my Mom's nose, when she went to the doctor to have something frozen off of her nose. The doctor told her "don't worry about you nose, it will turn black in a few days and fall off!" Fortunately just the lump fell off.
Christie, maybe you should go and trade jobs with your Mom, she starts moving things at your place, grab your purse and tell her you're going to do the same at her place?
Quiet today, but boy, we had some kind of wind! The ground in front of our house is all covered by pine straw. The two trees we are taking out, look very sick. Yellow needles, and a bit on the bald side. I don't think that is what the council members had in mind when they said they wanted a "treed amenity to the Waterside" Bald pine trees with their arms up in the air like they were surrendering. If they fall down, will we still have to replace them? (eventually)
Oh well, I'll check in later to find out how Pat's Jamie is doing.
BBL

JudyL

Roun2it
10-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Drookit is an Henry-ism, he used it the other day, and every day since. It means wet, soaked to skin, awash, he did put up a cartoon but forgot what day he did it.

Others have been using it too, like higgles, and weaves so I just thought I'd start today's Drookit with it.

Is that ok Aunty Judy?

Come on Pat hows Jamie?

Cathie Jones
10-04-2004, 12:55 PM
(((Kev))) I feel so bad for your friend Mags and her family.

(((Pat))) Been there - hope you get to see Jamie soon and that he's okay!!

jaytee
10-04-2004, 12:58 PM
back from shopping............ checking on for news.............but none here. back after choir........

Yorky
10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Just checked back in and read Pat's and Kev's bad news :cry:

Hope Jamie is not badly injured, (((Pat)))

What can one say, Kev? Maybe that's the reason you couldn't sleep last night - you were worrying about Mag. I hope that she can be made pain free, and that you can all remember the good times you had together....

Doug

Ellen in Ont
10-04-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm finally up and moving (although slowly) after the third night shift. Waiting for my sister to call to pick her and my mother up from the doctors - just a checkup. Walking home this morning there were signs of things to come. A light sprinkling of snow on rooftops, cars and grass and temps of minus 1. The high today is going to be 3! :eek:
Lots of sad news here today. Kev, so sorry to here of Mag. Pat, I hope Jamie is fine.
:wave: to everyone else. I am in a rush so I will check back in later.

mustcreate
10-04-2004, 01:30 PM
good morning drookiters!! ?? !!! :D

((((((((Kev & Mags & families)))))))))

(((((Pat & DS)))))

beautiful clear day here :)

had a good weekend......celebrated my painting buds ( suzpaints ) 40th birthday fun time :)

I've been painting ! finished my fountain painting and started a new full sheet floral. it's good to be back with wet brushes

I love your new tinyhead JoAnn!!

great to see you back Pam and Jana :)

wonderful pics today....thanks for sharing

we've been planning a weekend trip to vegas in 2 weeks.....Elton John concert on friday night and Jimmy Buffett concert on sat night. I am out of my mind right now....Elton John has been my dream concert ever since I've been a kid. a couple of years ago he came to town and I spent 2 hours on the phone trying to buy tickets only to get through and be told that it sold out. I cried :crying: :crying: but yesterday when Clayton surprised me with the tickets to Elton I screamed and cried again. :D

I've walked on the treadmill and now it's time to paint....woot!!

have a good day....create!

em

amaze_1101
10-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Good morning. Just flipped through the wash and have to send special thoughts out to Pat and Kev. Life is as delicate as the wings of a butterfly, so beautiful yet so easily crushed. God Bless!

Lulu
10-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Well Kev's made me laugh so hard this morning with his cartoon (and you CAN cartoon Kev, keep at it:D) and now I'm so sad to read news of Mags. Boy, life is fragile!

Pat, thinking of you too.

Nacre
10-04-2004, 02:20 PM
(((((Kev/Mags/Hubby))))) :crying:

(((((Pat/Son))))))

Cathie Jones
10-04-2004, 02:26 PM
(((( Aunt Pearl )))) Miss you.

Hayward
10-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Good Afternoon (2 pm here)
Wishing all the 52 week challegers LUCK and sanity because you just may lose it in the end.....lol - wait - lose it ? or have already lost it? hummmm have to give that some thought!

Best wishes and prayers to all who need it...
Pat, please keep us informed - kids are our greatest joy and greatest
heartache. Been very scared many times myself.
Kev - I feel so badly for your friend and her family. May she enjoy all her
remaining days and feels blessed for everyone of them.
pampe - great pic'sI need to look up where my Welsh relatives were located...
research for them has already been recored !! YEAH ! good because I've
been researching other branches and my Hubands - its gets confusing
sometimes-many times.

Wishing everyone a great rest of the day.

Jo :rolleyes: <---- self portrait...lol

JudyL
10-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Popping in to see if there is any news of Jamie, should have known, things can move awfully slowly in a hospital ER waiting room.
Kev, just wanted to know, was feeling left out, I missed some while I was gone, so Aunt Judy says "OK"
White Light and ((((hugs)))) take what you need, and share some if you have extra

JudyL

Europa
10-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi Everyone

First of all I would like to say thank you so much for all your kind thoughts - Jamie is home - he has badly bruised his ribs and legs - also has a mark across his chest from the seatbelt.

When I heard him on the phone I wasn't panicking too much as I knew that at least he was up and about - but when I saw the photo of the car my legs nearly gave way - to think how lucky he was to walk away from this -

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/29499-Car.jpg

I just went cold at the thought of what could have happened. It seems that he was in the centre lane of the motorway behind a lorry that was doing about 50 miles an hour - he moved into the fast lane to overtake and accelerated up to 70 but didnt realise that as they approached a bend that all the traffic just around the bend was at a complete stop - he slammed his brakes on and trying to avoid crashing head on into the car in front he went for a gap in the second lane where there was slightly more room - however the car went out of control and he clipped a van then bounced off that into another lorry.

He said he knew he was going to crash and everything went into slow motion - after the impact he opened his eyes and sat there thinking ' Where is my airbag' then realised he was in my car (I thought my car had an airbag...lol) - his next thought was 'Ok I am alive - keep breathing' He said the guys from the cars he hit came running to him and asked if he was ok. The main thing he was worried about was that no one had been injured apart from himself.

The police said that it was just an unfortunate accident as he wasn't over the speed limit - he wasnt driving recklessly so they are not going to press any charges. He realises how very lucky he has been and so do we - I just thank god that he was wearing a seat belt. Not been a good week for us at all with regard to cars - someone smashed the windscreen on my nephew's car the other day - just wanton vandalism.

Of course - as is the Brogan way - there has been some mickey taking going on - especially the irony of the birthday card he sent our John on Saturday - as you can see....lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/29499-f1_carcrash.JPG

He did the funny side though poor love couldnt laugh properly.

Thanks again everyone - Jamie said to tell you he appreciates all your kind thoughts.....right am off to cook him some food and lots of TLC.

Love you guys!!

Pat xx

Yorky
10-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Gulp! - was he a lucky boy!

Doug

madmum
10-04-2004, 04:34 PM
OMG Pat! :eek: He certainly was lucky! Which M-way was it?

Ruth

Roun2it
10-04-2004, 04:36 PM
It's a good job we bounce!! Send him my best :wave:

Hayward
10-04-2004, 04:39 PM
The car manufacters make the cars so that they can squish like an accordian -protecting the occupants - but OMG you heart stops just looking at the damage. Glad he is ok - hope tomorrow he is not stiffened up even more -
ouch....!!

Jo

Cathie Jones
10-04-2004, 04:40 PM
:eek: (((((Pat))))) you probably need hugs more than Jamie does!! Lucky boy.

Okay, (((((Jamie))))) too! :D

artmom
10-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Pat, thank goodness the "crumple" technology works and takes the brunt of the crash!!! How old is your car not to have an airbag??? :confused:
Blow Jamie a kiss for me--I'd send hugs, but they might hurt! Hugs to you, though!

Lyn

Europa
10-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Well my car is - sorry was :crying: - an L reg so thats 1994 - our Jamie's is only a year after mine and he has them.

Our John said I haven't seen the inside of the car yet - he said I would have keeled over seeing that as well as the front of it - he doesn't know how he wasnt trapped inside. :(

Ruth it was the M6 just before the A49 turnoff for Warrington.

Lyn - lol - I know what you mean about the hugs - I had to restrain myself to lots of kisses on his face - thank God for that 'crumple' technology - he has gone to bed now and he knows he is going to feel even worse tomorrow -so still plenty TLC due.

Oh one point - he refused painkillers in the hospital cos the nurses were cute and he didnt want to look like a wimp.....lol.....he came in the door and the first thing he said was - 'Any painkillers Mum?' - men eh!!! :rolleyes:

Kev - any more news of Mags btw?

Pat xx

jaytee
10-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Phew, what a relief........ but I do suggest when he is less sore to get himsef checked over by a good ( McTimoney?) chiropracter or similar............ when I had a head-on spat with a jag a good few years back who wrote off my car, the hospital xrays pronounced me OK. ........... but my chiro said almost every bone in my body was out......... and one rib was completely turned in - another turned out......... which accounted for the lump and the hollow in my chest :eek: she said it was a good job she knew where they all belonged !!!!......... but since nothing fractured or broken the hospital OKd me !!!!!

That awful slo-mo action is dreadful........ when you know thers nothing you can do !!!!

((bighugs)) to you........ blow a kiss at Jamie for me...........

EDIT. we x -posted......... not sure he deserves a kiss after that bravura performance tho' :D

painterbear
10-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Pat,

Thank goodness Jaimie wasn't too "Macho" to wear his seatbelt, I'm sure it saved his life looking at the car and hearing what happened. So glad he is home but he will definitely be hurting tomorrow. Lots of excuses for Mum and Grandmum to spoil him!

Kev, So sorry to hear about Mags prognosis. What a horrible call for all. I hate this awful disease.

Weaving to all others, got to make supper tonight. Just a hodgepodge dinner—the fridge is loaded with leftovers, all good, but we have to eat them up tonight to make room for more. LOL!

SYTomorrow.

Sylvia

ScarletLake
10-04-2004, 05:51 PM
HI All

My goodness so much sorrow today.

Kev - I don't think anything anyone can say will help but anyway I feel so bad for you all. Please keep us posted.

Pat - Wow. So glad that your son was not hurt any worse that bruises. He'll probably be pretty stiff tomorrow. Guess you never know do you.

Interesting things to think on for sure.

Pam - Loved your photo's. Glad you got your luggage back.

Dave & Doug - Yep, that was right. I have a Dr. appt tomorrow morning. Shoulder does feel better. I've kept those pain patches on & doing muscle rubs before bedtime. It helped to put arm up in sling. At lest it didn't feel like it was being pulled off. Work was not happy that I had to call in tonight. Oh well, work dosn't know I also got a phone call today for an interview somewhere else. At any rate - I'll be hanging up the floor nursing at the nursing home very soon.

Had my 16 yo at his physical this afternoon. He has grown 5 inches in a year. !!!

Well talk to you later

Anita

CharM
10-04-2004, 09:18 PM
*thud, thud... thud, thud... thud, thud...*

Pat... looking at that vehicle makes my heart beat heavily.... OhMyGawsh! I'm so glad that Jamie's all in one piece!!!

Starsprite
10-04-2004, 09:48 PM
My gosh Pat!!!! That car is like an accordian almost....glad he had his seatbelt on and only had minor injuries. I can't even imagine how upset and worried you were...well I can guess but not unless you have been through something like that can you know what it's like. Give your son a big hug for me! :)