PDA

View Full Version : My Frit Fandango( onk,onk)

xoticbead
10-03-2004, 06:27 PM
I got my R=108 from Val on Fri. I've been "playing" with it so much I'm almost out of it. Here are a few of the surprises I go today
LIz

!Karen
10-03-2004, 08:42 PM
You got that yellow burst from Raku? Wow, that's wild!

Good job on all the beads!

Beth Myers
10-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Very Nice! :clap:
B~

xoticbead
10-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Thanks Musical Wind and Beth, Yes isn't that about the strangest thing. The base on that one is the Silver Purple, and the R_108 frit, The only thing I can think of is that all of the lentil shapes were done on a graphite press and I etched that one. It really did make the yellow pop, I do have to admit that while I did NOT fool around with the photo in Photo shop I did have to shrink it down to fit this format. I don't know if that would make the yellow brighter or not. I thinks it is sort of a happy color combination . The test beads done on the black background where the color really shows I used a brass marver on them , All the lentils were made with a graphite press and I think you can see the differance ,
Liz

Amozoo
10-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Thats great. I love the bright colors with Raku.

GinaJ
10-04-2004, 05:33 AM
Great work!!! :clap:

Mike E etc
10-04-2004, 08:37 AM
I click on these pig links looking for pigs and all I ever get is cool beads. Very nice experiments!

Mike E

xoticbead
10-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the koodos everyone. Isn't it great when you open the kiln expecting to find "junk" and something really pretty comes out. I only made one in this color because it was sort of an after thought I had a stubby left on my bench from a previous torching and just grabed it to use up the last small bits of R-108 frit I had left . Well when I goet some more of that frit I'll have to try and make some companion beads to keep it company
Liz

CalmWaterStudio
10-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Really pretty beads, Liz.. I especially like that last set. Your color reactions were very vivid and nice... thanks for sharing them with us!