PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Oct 3 what came out of your kiln today?

Amozoo
10-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Hi all. I'm up late so I'm starting the show and tell. This is a simple set, thompson enamel red stringer, a little silvered ivory stringers on a dark ivory base. (the yellow comes from the red enamel odd hu?) Good morning!

aimee
10-03-2004, 01:09 AM
Very nice, I've always liked how the ivory webs with some colors.

Here's a set of pillow with an amber based rolled in some of the "raku" frit from bluhealer. It's really hard putting this stuff down.

nilaya
10-03-2004, 02:24 AM
Gorgeous beads..great start to S&T :D
I cant get anything from raku but baby poop...so i quit trying and picked up my one and only rod of dark silver plum (Ty Barbara!) I love this stuff..will definatley have to order some. (or try to)

Lorretta :)

Juls
10-03-2004, 03:04 AM
Amoret, love the effects of ivory with your red and enamels.

Aimee, Gorgeous pillow set!! that Raku is just the bomb, isn't it? :clap:

Loretta, your collection is beautiful!

Here are a couple of focals designed by my buyers..they really get me out of my "box"!

A couple of filigrana white with dichro and rubi oro. The request was for silver sparkle like you get with aventurine gold stringer. (I learned encasing silvery dichro and pulling stringers will lend similar results in silver shine as scroll work with aventurine does with gold)

The other is the result of humor and the suggestion of a new WC bud (to create an elephant butt bead)...taken to the "Bama" football fan level. Moretti lt grey and red....a "kiss my big glass a**" Big Al Mascot bead. (for the U of Alabama of course) :D

Happy Sunday, yall!

~Juls

gmdcrafts
10-03-2004, 03:17 AM
LOL! Juls, I love that elephant butt!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I remember a while back seeing a set of kitties someone made that I thought were so cute, so I finally got around to trying some of my own......

Cat66
10-03-2004, 07:31 AM
Awesome beads - love the cats! I'm a sucker for safari-style beads - although this isn't one of my bests by far - but it worked out well for a ring.

Nette
10-03-2004, 08:09 AM
Good Morning everyone! I love the show and tell this am.

Especially those Kittys :O)

Aimee your pillows are awesome. I bought some Raku from Val, but haven't tried it yet. Can't wait, although I probably won't have much luck either.

Neat Idea Cat66. Pretty ring.

Loretta, love your dk silver plum set.

Juls, great elephant butt:O)

Amozoo, it is interesting how the yellow came from the red enamel. I like it. Isn't it fun when the glass surprises you in a good way?

Here are mine. Getting ready for Christmas.
Thanks for sharing everyone.
Annette

KellyD
10-03-2004, 08:25 AM
Great show and tell everyone, I don't have anything to show today :( but I did want to comment on a couple.
Have a great Sunday,
Kelly

Lorretta- Great bead set and awsome photo. Do you use a light box?

Gina- Your kitties are adorable!

Cat-That ring is great, I love it! What size beads does it take? I just ordered one from you and can't wait to get it!

Norma623
10-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Great work today everyone! I'm a little late....got caught up in the "boro massager" thread....just kept staring at it....(cough) :p

Amoret - love the colors on those rounds! I can never get nice rounds like that!
Aimee - Great raku!
Loretta - what a gorgeous set! Love it!
Juls - your hearts are great - but that elephant but takes it!!!
Gina - COOL CATS!
Cat66 - Love the bead - love the ring - (one of the nicest I've seen!)
Nette - great Grinch - perfect timing I'd say!

Here are a few of mine - the first turqoise one is finished today on EBAY - one of my fav's. Dichro core, silver foil, frit, lots of clear layers - "endcaps" of turqoise and SIS twisted here and there. The green one is a a dichro core as well - with lots more silver and frit (I think a couple layers) with a little surface treatment of leaf-like pulled dots. Last is a clear dichro core with clear stringers pulled up and around for texture - this one doesn't photograph really well....and finally a twisted aqua dichro tab...

Amozoo
10-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Aimee, you know what that looks like? The raku looks like copper green, thats pretty cool
Loretta, Man I love the etched red beads way cool effect how you put the clear over it, neat oh listen, I THink your beads are great, Baby poop? ok, when I use Raku - I haven't made that many beads with it yet, I turn the oxy up so high it almost blows the flame out. and when I use my one mold made of copper the colors turn out better than when I use my mold made of graphite.
Juls, those hearts are great, I love how they look like they are wrinkled on the inside, like pillows that are heart shape, the elephant is fab
GIna those cats are cute! It's interesting how different each one is from the other and yet the same, you clever cat!
Cat66 wow, neet ring, I haven't seen those before. That is a great way to do the safari look, I have never seen that before either.
Net I love that set and my son does too. very great, I love the grinch.
Norma way cool focals what kind of glass is that? Schott? Moretti? I love the blue dicro one
catch you later, I just pulled some out of the kiln I can't wait to clean.

Norma623
10-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Amoret - Thanks! The glass is all Moretti with Lauscha clear. I'm off clean and photo beads - got off on a floral bender last night!! :wave:

NYCindy
10-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Lovely beadies, Everyone!

Gina - those kitties are CUTE! Good use of the lentil shape and variation on the kitty theme!

The safari ring is very nice too! :-)

Smedstad
10-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Juls,

The first thing I thought of when I looked at the elephant bead was that it was a political statement. It might actually cause you some trouble in a state like MA. It would never have entered my mind that it was football-related. I expect it's very much an inside joke.

I like the bead by the way.

Debbie

Amozoo
10-03-2004, 11:58 AM
I jut cleaned these babes, I had a really cool cicada to go with it but his wing popped off! I call them "cicada" because the raku frit design is inspired by the pattern on the back of a cicada. Base of petrolium green then a light green powder frit from Val with raku stringers.

emmytr1
10-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Wonderful S&T today. I love the elephant behind ,too cute. Here's a couple of sets for me.

Mary Lou

mperaza
10-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Beautiful beads today everyone! That elephant is just too cute!

I don't have anything to share - today is the first day since Frances hit that I am able to torch. I'll have some things to share tomorrow.

Have a great day!
Marilyn

jeffwelsh23462
10-03-2004, 02:20 PM
HELLO... another sea dragon for you guys![/RIGHT] :clap:

Briatha
10-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks for sharing all the lickable goodies everyone! :D

Katiefl
10-03-2004, 03:10 PM
All great beads today, but I have to say, I'm lovin' the cats!!

My first raku beads out of the kiln today, received my little package of frit from Kelly (Redhotbeads) yesterday. Thanks Kelly!!

Still working on the color shift, getting plenty of green and blue, not so much purples/pinks, anyway, its fun to play!

tulips
10-03-2004, 03:22 PM
My daughter just looked over my shoulder and said "Mom, why do they call them calico cats? They should just call them CUTE cats!" Ahh....the words of a soon to be 9 year old! They are adorale!

gmdcrafts
10-03-2004, 03:31 PM
My daughter just looked over my shoulder and said "Mom, why do they call them calico cats? They should just call them CUTE cats!" Ahh....the words of a soon to be 9 year old! They are adorale!

Thank you! The theme of the set is "calico", like all the different calico prints I have stashed away from when I used to do quilting. I used to love making scrap quilts, mixing and matching bunches of prints into one piece - the ladies at the fabric store must have really hated me, because I would pull bolt after bolt of fabric from the walls, carry stacks of them to the cutting counter, and buy just a 1/4 yd of each! I still miss sewing, but glass has taken up all my space (and time! :0), so this was just my way to "revisit" my days of fabric mixing.

BeadBraker
10-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Great work everyone!!! Cat....where did you get that ring finding? Groovy.

I posted these yesterday, but it was late....so forgive me for reposting.

Nancy B in IL

Amozoo
10-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Nancy thanks for posting again, I missed them yesterday, They are breath taking.

Tomsanctuary426
10-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Hi to everyone....I'm new to this so please bare with me. I have been making glass pieces for a while now...and just heard about this site. It is really great to see what you all have created!!! I'm showing off a few of my items, so please feel free to let me know what you think. Thanks, Tom

Katiefl
10-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Welcome Tom,

Beautiful work!!!!

Smidgen
10-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Hope newbies can post....I posted somewhere else but...
Anyway, my workspace was finally set-up yesterday. I have been practicing the little round spacer beads and got sick of it. I strayed and played a little. This is what I made today. I just put some of the beads in a bracelet as a "first beads" kind of thing for me....

Smidge

BeadBraker
10-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Welcome Tom....your bracelets are GORGEOUS.

I did a couple more set today.....check them out!

Nancy B in IL

dread
10-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Such Purties today everyone
Welcome Tom
I played with boro yesterday and been busy with Morettie today and this is the first chance I've had to check out WC today.

Mr.Smiley
10-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Such Purties today everyone
Welcome Tom
I played with boro yesterday and been busy with Morettie today and this is the first chance I've had to check out WC today.

Are you getting those nice pinks out of double amber purple? Very nice colors... I haven't found that combo yet...

Just a note to say I am not asking how you did it, I would just like to know if I'm even in the ball park. I've seen this pink before and it looks to me to be a combination of DAP and something else... maybe it's just flame atmosphere, but it's fantastic whatever it is... I just love mixing colors and seeing what I get... trouble is I normally forget what I did to get it on the REALLY nice ones. I try to just play and get lost in it... the time flies when your having fun- right?!?

:D

Jeff... that dragon rocks! I love the curves in your work... they flow effortlessly. Have you tried the Dichro Alchemy dichro yet? I think it would look unbelievable in your dragons!

bjcohan
10-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Hi to everyone....I'm new to this so please bare with me. I have been making glass pieces for a while now...and just heard about this site. It is really great to see what you all have created!!! I'm showing off a few of my items, so please feel free to let me know what you think. Thanks, Tom

Hi, Tom, and welcome to WetCanvas! :wave:

Your work is gorgeous! I especially love the dichro dolphin. Stunning.

When you get a chance, go over to the Lobby of the Glass Forum and start an intro thread, so everyone can give you a proper welcome!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Barb:cat:

Alan Cross
10-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Hi Tom and welcome to Wet Canvas....great first post lovly stuff.
Alan :)

gmdcrafts
10-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Hope newbies can post....I posted somewhere else but...
Anyway, my workspace was finally set-up yesterday. I have been practicing the little round spacer beads and got sick of it. I strayed and played a little. This is what I made today. I just put some of the beads in a bracelet as a "first beads" kind of thing for me....

Smidge

Those look GREAT!!! :clap: "First beads" hugh..... ;)

Smidgen
10-04-2004, 04:43 PM
Thank-you Gina for the encouragment! I really enjoy your work...it is inspirational~

Smidge