PDA

View Full Version : Being a pig - my B-day S&T!

GardenGirl1002
10-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Hey everyone. I know there's already an S&T for today, but I thought I'd be a thread piggie and have my own since it's my birthday (31). Ugh, I'm now officially 30 something. I swear, the years have just flown by since I had my DD and now I'm aging at the speed of light. Whoever said, "If you want a real measure of time, just watch your children" wasn't kidding!

The first 2 beads are florals with butterfly murrini. I've had such a fun time making these - I love these murrini - it just adds that little extra something special. These beads are over 1" either way.
The second picture are 3 pumpkins. I've been making these for pendants that I'm giving away to people. I love to give other people things on my birthday, and these are perfect gearing up for my favorite holiday - halloween!(since I'm not talented enough to make a halloween set like so many people on here. I'm loving all of those sets up here lately!! )
The 3'rd picture are 3 bumpy hollow beads. I just always have a lot of fun making these too. These tend to get pretty large for me as well!
Who knows what order these will come up in...
Thanks for looking and have a great day everyone!

!ngridh
10-02-2004, 11:58 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love your florals...the butterflies are lovely. How about making a birthday cake!

margaretz
10-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Happy Birthday!!!! The florals look great. Excellent work!!! (The murrine is so cute!!)

boheme'
10-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Happy Birthday!! Great florals. Have a super day.

Deb Cline

Listenup
10-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Today is a GREAT day for a birthday - my son turned 18 today!!!!!

Lovely beads, and what better way to celebrate your birthday then with a thread of your own? Congrats & Happy Birthday!!!!!

-Kay

!Karen
10-02-2004, 01:31 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Oct-2004/33050-bdaycake2.gif

Happy Birthday Kristen!!

And those beads are wonderful! I'm going to try making some murrini, it's neat and everyone seems to enjoy making it!

Very pretty beads!

Amozoo
10-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Happy Birthday! What wonderful pumpkins. Birthdays are always so much fun. I hope you have a great week!

CalmWaterStudio
10-02-2004, 02:43 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

AND... wonderful beads !!!

rosiescreations
10-02-2004, 04:57 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Oct-2004/23666-ban11.gif

GardenGirl1002
10-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Thank you everyone for all the warm birthday wishes! It was so sweet and made me feel wonderful. :D It was just one of those birthdays....
I'm just kicking back with my favorite beer to end my day so at least it's ending well.
Thanks also for all of the nice comments on my beads. And thanks for letting me be a thread hog for the day!

oh, p.s. - I can't take credit for the murrini. I'm not that talented OR patient to pull something like that off. These were made by Mavis Smith. I bought them at the Bead Bonanza here in MI last weekend. A little pricey, but I thought well worth it.

mackro
10-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Beautiful!! I love the florals with the butterflies. Can you or someone give me an idea of where I can learn how to make murrini like that? It just amazes me.

Happy Birthday. I remember the feeling of 30 something. I'm 38 now and beginning to see 40 in my headlights.

-Mack
Salt Lake City