PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 2 Already ? - Show and Tell

dread
10-02-2004, 01:34 AM
Here goes
No one else has posted so I'll start
Due to Tink's influence I tried a nude tonight
Dont have sanblast set up yet and used that sandblast in a can - what a mess - so its not even - I'll fix later
My first nude !

Orca
10-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Well that's depressing. You just decided to give it a whirl, and you made a great nude.

I'm going to go find some worms, and eat them. Cold. Possibly lukewarm.

Seriously though....a lovely piece! How big, pray tell???

Beth Myers
10-02-2004, 01:55 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
OH beautiful!
Beth

dread
10-02-2004, 02:09 AM
Actually very proud of her - I didnt think it would look human at first
She is about 2 inches tall
Made on minor and two concentrators - its pyrex (I love this stuff)

Briatha
10-02-2004, 02:10 AM
Deborah she is fabulous!

TwistNglass
10-02-2004, 02:23 AM
Deborah,

She is just beautiful! I can feel the movement in the body. Let's see more.... :clap:

Rose

LoriGreenberg-Beadnerd
10-02-2004, 02:31 AM
Very cool. While I'm messing around with different shapes, I know I'll never be able to do anything that realistic.

Here's mine.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Oct-2004/16432-2004_0930b1.jpg

KellyD
10-02-2004, 06:15 AM
Deborah- WOW! That is amazing!!!!!!!
Lori- Those beads are adorable, I love the colors and the shape!
Here is mine for the day, the first one is a set of flowers and pumpkins made with the tab press.
The second one is a set of Gingerbread Houses and people, etc..
Happy Saturday Everyone!
Kelly

Crowe
10-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Debra, she is beautiful! Lori I love those shapes and colors. Kelly, the christmas beads look delicious. I've nothing to offer (too busy with work to torch), so am green with envy. Have a great day! :clap:

Amozoo
10-02-2004, 09:35 AM
O likie Deborah, is that boro then, Sandblasting sounds like fun. I haven't even pulled my glass out of the kiln yet today (up late late late last night) but I have a nude I made last year I can share. I don't remember what color it is, probably blue caramel.
Lori is that gaffer glass? so pretty!
Kelly those are great Christmas beads, what kind of torch do you have?
I am excited to get my beads out, yesterday I got my fist few rods of Gaffer from gail and a big box of gaffer frit from Val. Now that I have all this color I know I'll be experimenting a lot. (I had a terrible batch come out yesterday - my first day with a few fritt colors on moretti)

KellyD
10-02-2004, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=Amozoo]Kelly those are great Christmas beads, what kind of torch do you have?
QUOTE]
Thanks for the compliment! I use a minor torch with 2 oxy cons.
Kelly

Mr.Smiley
10-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Here's my contribution... boro pendants with northstar color. Sorry for the "hand" pics... It's just quicker than doing the whole set-up for every piece :) I'm appologizing for my hands... not the glass one on the pendant.

Have a great Saturday every body! :D

Last two pics are same piece... close up is spiral on tob/backside of the hoop thingy...

Amozoo
10-02-2004, 10:45 AM
QUOTE]
Kelly[/QUOTE]
Busted! I use a minor and I tried to convince myself that the main reason I couldn't controle my stringers was because of the torch!! I'm so glad I asked you!!! I'm also a shaker - my hand shakes a lot. Very nice work indeed!

Norma623
10-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Wow you guys - GREAT stuff!!!
Deborah - what a gorgorgeous nude - great movement!
Lori - beautiful fall palette going there!
Kelly - amazing detail - ESPECIALLY love the gingerbread house!!!
Amazoo - I really like the sheen to those beads - what glass is it?
Mr. Smiley - awesome boro! I especially like the first one!
Hope I didn't miss anyone....

Here's mine for the day - this is a WOOHOO bead (as in what I said when I opened the kiln!). :p

Mr.Smiley
10-02-2004, 11:09 AM
QUOTE]
Kelly
Busted! I use a minor and I tried to convince myself that the main reason I couldn't controle my stringers was because of the torch!! I'm so glad I asked you!!! I'm also a shaker - my hand shakes a lot. Very nice work indeed![/QUOTE]

Try taping a felt tip marker to a stick and then doodling on card board. It helps to practice holding in the way back position and you can do it while watching TV. It's a lot less depressing when you mess up on card board. You don't feel the need to give up all together or try to "save" it by messing it up more... It's just card board. It helped me any way. I'm a shaker too. I find myself shaking worse from lack of oxygen... I hold my breath on small stringers- LOL I'm working on relaxing and it helps. *breathe*
:D

Mr.Smiley
10-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Wow you guys - GREAT stuff!!!
Deborah - what a gorgorgeous nude - great movement!
Lori - beautiful fall palette going there!
Kelly - amazing detail - ESPECIALLY love the gingerbread house!!!
Amazoo - I really like the sheen to those beads - what glass is it?
Mr. Smiley - awesome boro! I especially like the first one!
Hope I didn't miss anyone....

Here's mine for the day - this is a WOOHOO bead (as in what I said when I opened the kiln!). :p

Nice... looks like opal bits floating around.
:clap:

Norma623
10-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Try taping a felt tip marker to a stick and then doodling on card board. It helps to practice holding in the way back position and you can do it while watching TV. It's a lot less depressing when you mess up on card board. You don't feel the need to give up all together or try to "save" it by messing it up more... It's just card board. It helped me any way. I'm a shaker too. I find myself shaking worse from lack of oxygen... I hold my breath on small stringers- LOL I'm working on relaxing and it helps. *breathe*

GREAT tip about the felt tip marker - I would NEVER have thought of that (and I can think up some pretty wierd stuff!! :evil: ) LOL I'm SO happy to hear that someone else holds their breath when working with teeny stringers....when I realized I was doing that I decided that I better work with it and plan "breathing spots!" - almost like singing!!! :D Otherwise I'll end up keeled over! The wierd things we do...

!ngridh
10-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Well that's depressing. You just decided to give it a whirl, and you made a great nude.

addendum.....
auk du lieber! I guess this is why I don't usually comment in threads like this...I saw the original post and then hit reply...I back up and see all the other wondeful eye candy and feel like a dolt for not commenting. I propose everyone do their own ...that way I won't feel like I slighted the other great offerings.

You know ...I think this is why I don't make many beads these days...I get too overwhelmed with all the great work I see here and then can't find an original thought...then I want to go and try to make what I see.......sigh..... well the torso is something I don't feel like trying...

hummmmmmm now wait...I could torch nude in front of a full length mirror ...NOW THAT would be a nude to behold...or unhand or.....

lovely work as always.

My thoughts exactly! But I might try them with a little cocktail sauce.

Just lovely, proportions are perfect and the stance is appealing.

:clap:

Allison Turner
10-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Wow! What eye candy today!
Deborah she is just beautiful! Very old world looking too. Fantastic!
Lori that set ROCKS! I need to get that tool!! Love the shape.
Same to you kelly. Those are so yummy. I want to pop them in my mouth.
Amoret that color is beautiful. Love the shape of her. I have to make myself a torso.
Mr. Smiley those pendants are beautiful. Just my style! :wink2:
Norma!! Wow! WooHoo is right! It's like looking out a window into outer space. YUM!

Nothing too fancy from me.
I haven't had my first pot of coffee yet so I can't remember everything I put in these beads but there is ocelot spot frit in there.
And the other set is my sons set of jitterbug on clear. Etched. Yum!

Amozoo
10-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks Allison, wow your colors and designs are fab.
Mr. Smiley, great idea for the pen, I really really try to breath when I notice I'm shaking bad because I hold my breath too!
Ingrid! You know what, almot 99% of my beads are direct steels from other beads. I'm not afraid to admit it! Yes I try to not do that, but I guess I'm like a monkey. I just love glass. AND
When I first joined WC I thought all your work was the BOMB! I thought you were sooooo original. I haven't seen much lately, but I'm sure if I saw one today of yours I'd think the same thing. I had Ingrid Envy!
Anyway, Look what I pulled out of the kiln,
And some one asked about my nude, it's boro and I think it might be blue caramel. But todays are from Gail's Gaffer cane

Norma623
10-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Allison - what do you mean "nothin too fancy?" your sets are drop dead GORGEOUS! I really love the second set - great idea to etch them! It never ceases to amaze me what people are doing with these frits. PPP I guess!!

Kimberly Affleck
10-02-2004, 02:30 PM

Seriously though....a lovely piece! How big, pray tell???

I'll bring some worms with me to Michael's class and we can share them!! :D

Vaverska
10-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Nice nudes girls! I am no where near that brave yet! Everyone is posting such excellent work lately! I think my favorite is Norma's "WooHoo" bead. I love organic looking pieces!...especially those with a little added something!
I am proud to say I tried a new thing today! My first Hollows.....The VERY first was just a somewhat wonky Cobalt Trans, blue ball with Gold iris frit. I tried ALL day to get a pic, but none capture the lovely Raku effect of the frit which is too bad because it's quite pretty despite the wonkiness. I'm sharing my next three Hollows. Being me, I did ONE simple one, then had to give myself fits with something hard! The First hollow fishy is at the top ( last at the bottom). Not top of the line, but I was happy to see alot of progression in my form over the three! They are all just wild mixes of colors and frit, all mainly Moretti , the frit was Gaffer and Reichenbach.

jeffwelsh23462
10-02-2004, 08:18 PM
here is post # 1, sea dragons.. new styles and colors... been super busy on these today.. also some dolphins too! :clap:

jeffwelsh23462
10-02-2004, 08:20 PM
here is post 2! more sea dragons!

BeadBraker
10-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Man...I hate posting after Jeff.... :-)

Your sea life is FAB!

Here's my contribution to S&T: jet black, transp orange, rubino oro. Striking these dots was making my hair grayer. :-)

Nancy B in IL