PDA

View Full Version : Second set on ebay not doing well

CalamitysClan
10-01-2004, 04:01 PM
I was pretty happy with this set. What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate any feedback, critiques, etc. I am about to take this set off ebay before I end up giving them away.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Pat

KikkiSweden
10-01-2004, 04:13 PM
There is nothing wrong with the beads, they are really cool.

But, before you have developed a following on eBay you can't really expect your auctions to have bids until the last minute. I very, very seldom get any bids before a minutes until auction close.
I saw that you had a feedback of 4 so it's early days yet!

And if you feel that you are giving your beads away your starting price is way too low. I set my starting price at the lowest I'm willing to accept so even if I only get one bid I've made a profit on the beads.

Beth Myers
10-01-2004, 04:22 PM
I think they are terrific!
Well done.
BUT......don't you love those buts, the picture is not to good.
It's a scan I think, right. Make it bigger and closer. Up the price to about 25.00 and let it go. Ebay takes time. You do good work. Be patient.
Beth

!Karen
10-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Pat,

They are great beads!

But like Beth & Kikki said, you need a better image - sharper, with perhaps an additional shot of one pepper and one spacer, so buyers are able to tell if the bead holes are puckered, if the overall shape is well executed, etc.

With the picture you have right now, I can't tell too much about how well made the bead are.

And more good advice from Kikki, raise the price. Until you have a following, it's iffy going with a low listing price. Sometimes buyers tend to think if you have it priced at $2 it must only be worth $2 - don't devalue yourself!

Keep working at improving your listings, you're heading in the right direction!

:wave:

CalamitysClan
10-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks for such nice comments Kikki and Beth. Yes it is a scan. I have got a camera now but I'm going to have to go back through the photography tutorials this weekend and see how I do. So far the scans have looked much better than my pictures :p . I think I will up the price. I would rather try to do something with this set myself. Thanks for the help.

Pat

Orca
10-01-2004, 06:03 PM
I like the beads a lot, but yes, the picture could be closer.

As for starting price, never start something at $25.00!! You will double your listing fees from $.60 to $1.20. Instead list at $24.99. When you get to the point of listing dozens or hundreds of items a year, this will add up fast!

Foofaraw
10-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Oooh I know someone who was looking for chili peppers, off to email them a link!!!

Amozoo
10-01-2004, 07:36 PM
ditto on the first two comments, The beads are wonderful. I usually don't get bids until the last little bit of time left. Ebay does take time, you have to build your customer base, and if you dissapere for a few months (like I have 3 times, twice for moving once for my broken wrist) you got to start all over again, your old customers are gone! It's really fun if you can bear it! You should definately sell those for $24.99 at the least. THey are wonderful wonderful beads.

CalamitysClan
10-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I really should have had some close ups of the holes. I tried to add them but the auction was almost up. Unfortunately they did not sell this time but I feel better about putting them up again later with better pictures.

Pat

xoticbead
10-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Pat
My first reaction when I looked at the photo was that I thought it was a finished necklace. Finished jewelry just doesn't do that good on "da bay". Maybe remove some of those small beads so people can see it is a set of beads and not a necklace. I really don't see anything wrong with the beads they look great
Liz