PDA

View Full Version : Finished Jewelry, October

Lapislazuli
10-01-2004, 11:41 AM
:D

Hi to all, my contribution to this post.That they have a wonderful weekend,
it is little, but I hope east weekend to have ready more jewelry.

Lapislazuli :wave:

Mike E etc
10-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Hey WOW I like the ear rings.

Mike E

Nicole Carlson
10-01-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm sending this one to Molten Obsessions. The Monarch Butterfly Dot beads are perfectly matched with these super cool hollow Karen Silver Drum beads. This piece looks very big and heavy. It's anything but. The hollow silver beads balance out the heavy glass beads perfectly.

Elena
10-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Just finished this piece today.
Always have fun!
Elena

dread
10-01-2004, 08:47 PM
I made only 1 piece of finished jewelry all month !
I posted last week on show and tell

sadiesjewels
10-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Oh no!

GMTA

Dread .. I just made some beads like that ... actually a ton of beads like that ... only in plain colors (yours are way nicer - although I did some ones I really like in black with a cream edge) ... just don't want you to think I copied!

No picture ... and not finished jewelry ... not yet!

sadie

dread
10-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Mine is no way an original either - I saw it last year somewhere and again on someone at glassstock (redside design) Its boro

Last year I made a ton of moretti ones but did nothing with them but been on the boro kick lately

Laura Brito
10-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Well I have been only doing finished jewelry. Not selling loose beads at all or even trying to. I can't help it, I like to make things from mine!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Oct-2004/9304-earrings3.jpg

Been working on doing a roll up thingy with black velvet so I can carry my jewelry around, in case of a spur of the moment sale. I am going to make 3, one for earrings, one for bracelets and another for necklaces. I think it will work out really well for me. After all I do carry a big bag around anyway.

Here is a pendant also that I liked how it came out.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Oct-2004/9304-pendant1.jpg

Laura Brito
10-02-2004, 12:07 AM
A few more pictures... :)

The one with the hanging beads is a Bracelet, which I find very hard to photograph! I don't like it that I cannot seem to get the whole thing in focus when laying in a circle, the front is ok, the back it totally out of focus, I have to try to shoot straight on which is really hard sometimes.

AuroraEssence
10-02-2004, 01:58 AM
Laura Brito, I just wanted to say that I just love your jewelry, you are an inspiration to me for continueing my glass work. I haven't been able to torch the last few months due to not having my studio, but I can't wait to start up again!!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful beads with others. :clap:

dread
10-02-2004, 08:47 AM
I lied.... I did make one other piece for the month - a large pendant witch cat

Onalee
10-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Wow. I love all the jewlery. I need to make up some of my stash before Christmas.
I would love to make a necklace for a little girl turning two that just loves to finger through my beads. Is there any safe way to make them so the findings and wire wouldn't break and have her swallow them. Her birthday is coming up. Onalee

mperaza
10-02-2004, 10:27 AM
What beautiful jewelry!! I haven't been able to make any beads due to the hurricanes.... so, I decided to play a little bit. This is one of the things I made while I had no electricity and couldn't make beads. (It really looks much nicer in person and the colors actually match when looking with the naked eye).

Marilyn

Becky Mason
10-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Gotta post and run. Here are 4 bracelets I made for a client of mine who is donating these to a golf tournament at her country club next month. They have an annual golf tournament to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness, and my client will be awarding these bracelets to the winning foursome.

Cyndilee
10-02-2004, 08:01 PM
I love everyone's jewelry this month! Here's one of mine that I really like- I too have to restock my jewelry for the holidays- but it's hard for me to find a balance though- I'd much rather just sit at the torch all day!!

Cyndi

ctbeads
10-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Hi all,
Such beautiful jewelry in this post. Here's a necklace and earrings I put together so far this month. I love the amber with the sky blue. Have a great month everyone.

Charlotte

Lehcar
10-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Great stuff everyone! :D Here is a bracelet Iím sending to my sister. She is a lizard lover from way back and her favorite color is orange. So it will work for her.

boobiebeads
10-03-2004, 01:11 PM
We just did a large run of bracelets for the Fraser Valley Bead Show and here is a few of them.

gmdcrafts
10-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Beautiful work everyone!
...on the run, so just a quick pic of my newest bracelet. I'm soooo tempted to keep this one.... :evil:

Smidgen
10-03-2004, 08:06 PM
My work space is complete as of yesterday!!! I practiced all day yesterday and today. I quickly whipped this bracelet together so I could at least show something of what I have practiced! I got sick of doing little filler beads and started playing with frit and barrels. I gave myself the goal of at least a one hundred round beads for practice before I moved on to anything else. As you can see I strayed a little! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Smidge

Sorry...just cross posted
I don't know how to delete the entire thing. :confused:

manda j
10-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Here are 2 of my finished projects. I am working on a Thanksgiving peyote bag and vegetable beads for another one.

Becky Mason
10-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Gina - I am so in love with your flower beads. If I could make beads like that, I'd want to keep all of my bracelets too.

Here is my first attempt at a charm/lampwork style bracelet. I had several orphan beads in very earthy tones, so I pulled out some gemstone beads, some freshwater pearls, some Swarovski crystals, and voila! Now I have to figure out how to price this for my show in December. I made this while Frances was blowing around here in Orlando, so I spent far more time on it than I should have, since I had to stop every few minutes and listen to see if any trees were going to fall on my house.

Sorry the picture is a little out of focus. I took it without my glasses on, and I thought it was in focus. Oh well, at least you can see generally what it looks like.

Now that the weather is nice again, I'm back at the torch, where I'm most comfortable and at my best.

Take care all.

Becky

lunamoonshadow
10-04-2004, 10:14 PM
I lied.... I did make one other piece for the month - a large pendant witch cat

I love that CAT!!! Absolutely adorable!!! & just perfect for october :) :cat: :cat:

Love the opaly-looking bubbly-blue earrings of Laura's too....

--Lyn

edited to say....

when I posted the thread "ended" with the halloween kitty--HONEST!! My computer must have 'hiccupped' because there were lots more posts I had missed! good thing this wasn't a live store--I'd be BROKE :)...I could do all my christmas shopping right here.....

I should sooooo be making stuff to post as "finished jewelry" RIGHT NOW!!!!
--l

jennakate
10-04-2004, 10:14 PM
I just put this set up on ebay... polymer clay, mostly.

TroyNC
10-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Everyone's work is sooooo lovely! I have two questions though.
You all seem to make bracelets with toggles, to sell....what length are they?

Are you able to sell them easily, without folks saying they are to big or to small?

I've been making mine with clasps and a safety chain, which can also be used to make the bracelet larger. No one seems to mind, but personally, I don't like the chain and would rather use a toggle or some other method of lengthening, without having to restring at the table. I'm really slooooow at it. Which I don't mind, I don't make much jewelery otherwise I'd probably get quicker...but I could never restring a piece at the table in front of the customer :o

Becky Mason
10-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Brandie,

I make the vast majority of my bracelets about 7 1/4" - 7 1/2". I have found that this size fits about 90% of all ladies. It hangs a little lower on some ladies' wrists, and a little higher on others. Occasionally I get a customer with a large wrist, or an exceptionally small wrist, but those cases are rare. If they really like a bracelet and are willing to buy it and let me take it home and re-string it, I will usually do so at no charge (unless it is a multi-strand or very difficult design.) Since my shows are private shows by invitation only, getting the item back to the buyer isn't a problem.

Becky

TroyNC
10-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Becky,
Thank-You!

I know that I wear a size 7 and anything larger really bothers me...I've never been able to buy a bracelet in a store, because they never "feel" right to me. I guess that I'm a little goofy about it and I tend to think of everyone else as having the same issues :wink2: I have a couple of stores that are interested in having some of my jewelery, but I can't seem to get over the size issue, when it comes to a bracelet :eek:

greatfindsct
10-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Here's one of my charm bracelets I did for a custom order. There is over 110 charms on it...talk about hurting fingers! LOL

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Oct-2004/32278-cidermist.jpg

Great job everyone!!! I just love looking at all the unique jewelry designs! :)

Cole
10-05-2004, 10:24 AM
I've been making mine with clasps and a safety chain, which can also be used to make the bracelet larger. No one seems to mind, but personally, I don't like the chain and would rather use a toggle or some other method of lengthening, without having to restring at the table. I'm really slooooow at it. Which I don't mind, I don't make much jewelery otherwise I'd probably get quicker...but I could never restring a piece at the table in front of the customer :o

If you want to use a toggle and not have to restring an entire piece at a show so it fits the customer, you could just wire wrap the toggle to the string, with a double loop. Make it on the small side, so if it needs to be made larger, you just need to clip the wire double loop off, and re-wrap it with a bead in between the loops (This is a Kate McKinnon idea, in her 2003 Project Workbook).

This photo KIND of shows it. The double loop on this bracelet has an amethyst colored bead in the center. One end is attached directly to the toggle, the other is attached to a jumpring that the bracelet is crimped to. To lengthen it, all I'd need to do is re-wrap that double loop with a larger bead in the middle.
http://www.nicholebyers.com/images/bracelets/autumngarden1.jpg

Cole
10-05-2004, 10:27 AM
I wanted to add that my photo shows the double loop attached to the toggle bar... I think it would be best to attach it to the ring instead, so its easier to clasp it together.

FiredDesires
10-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Here are some bracelets I made the other day. Toggle/clasp and stretch style.

jujeebeads
10-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Wow, cool stuff here! I haven't posted in ages...too busy getting ready for a craft fair last weekend. I made this and sold it before the fair took place! I made another for the event and it didn't sell...go figure!

Judy :cat:

Shirley C.
10-05-2004, 01:51 PM
nice work in the october jewelry thread!

here's a necklace i just finished the other day. i have 3 pieces in this series, one of which was commissioned by a cousin for his business partner. i'm going to change the focal bead on this necklace because the leaf dangle doesn't hang quite right. but basically it will look the same.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/10433-Harvest1A.jpg

Katiefl
10-06-2004, 07:00 PM
So early in the month, and soooo many beautiful pieces!!!

Im not really one for making the jewelry, really dont think I am that good at it. Rather sit down and make beads :)
Anyway, heres a little bracelet I finished earlier today.

sadiesjewels
10-07-2004, 02:21 AM
Beautiful work everyone ... i love to look at what everyone has done with their beads - it's all so different and inspiring!

I posted these two in the show and tell ... but figured as they were finished jewelry I'd post them here too.

I've actually been on a heart and disc kick for a few days and these were beads I completed a while ago and have only just strung.

sadie

Jamn!
10-12-2004, 11:40 PM
HEY!!! Wow everyone! I didn't realize there were two finished threads this month. I put mine in the other one! :crying:

Heidi

Lapislazuli
10-22-2004, 09:26 AM
:clap: :clap:

Hi friends, I have put myself loose to photograph my works, but, here a contribution to October. Until soon, kiss,

Ana Maria :wave:

DonnaBee
10-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Here is a bookmark I made from Amy Trescott's (http://www.seametrix.com/beads/) braille beads which I custom-ordered.

It says TAO, in braille. I put together the bookmark as a special gift.

DonnaBee
10-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Here is my ring I made in the Barrie Edwards (http://www.itsmystore.com/windermere/) silversmithing class in Romeoville Illinois this month. The dicroic glass cab is Barrie's.

DonnaBee
10-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Here are necklaces I made for my sons with Mike E's (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZglassandfireQQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1), Evil Eye in the Garden beads and with headpin/endcap sets by Cat of www.MaxandMeBeads.com

DonnaBee
10-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Just one more! (These have been my favorite October '04 works that have artist's glass in them, thanks for obliging me!)

My sweet little pendant with a Leslie Rudden (http://www.3sistersbeads.com/) bead and a Max and Me (http://maxandmebeads.com) headpin/endcap. :)

Becky Mason
10-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Good morning folks. I haven't posted finished jewelry in a few weeks, but I'm getting ready for 2 shows in November and December, so I thought I'd show some of my finished work. The two colorful ones are Gaffer. Love the wispy look of the lentil set. Everyone who sees it says it looks like candy.

Becky

Jamn!
10-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Great stuff everyone! Becky I think the candy looks yummy!

O.K. here is a pic of a bracelet I made for my daughter. Its kinda dark. The focal is orange with fuchsia dots. She picked the heart as a focal for the bracelet. Personally I don't care for the heart as a focal but she liked the colors. :) and a pic of the bracelet I made with one of my Michael Barley beads.

gmdcrafts
10-28-2004, 10:32 AM
Oooooh! Becky! That "candy set" looks YUMMY!!! :clap: :clap:

Here's another bracelet I just finished this morning.....

BabsW
10-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Barbara

DonnaBee
10-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Here is one more from me, this one is with all my own lampwork beads. Many of the lampwork beads are a couple years old, but the design is brand new this week (look closely and you will see a set of Cat's Egyptian sun bead caps!) I just delivered it to it's new owner today!

I showed so many pieces made with other's glass, I thought I better get in on this chance to show a bracelet with all my own glass!

Becky Mason
10-29-2004, 03:44 PM
I just love this thread. I love seeing all of the wonderful creations that other artists come up with. I am often inspired by many of you. Thanks for your posts.

Here are two more items I made for my upcoming jewelry shows.

The first is a necklace that I made using a large Raku decorated pillow and citrine stones in vaious cuts. I also made a citrine bracelet to go with the necklace. Didn't get the earrings made yet, but will do those too.

The second set is a fun little lentil set that is transparent sapphire (Czech glass) decorated with white enamel and white and black stringer designs.

Becky

PARADISE-DESIGNS
10-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Here's a set I did a couple of weeks ago to go with a silk jacket I bought. I didn't spend any time trying to get a very good photo, but you can see it for the most part, although the photo is a little bright.
I did the designs in the little silver pieces to match some of the design
patterns in the jacket. The sculpted dichroic beads are also mine.
Enjoy!
Lynne :>)

glasglas
10-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Ooh, Nichole and Gina, thanks for the ideas about bracelet size. I've been struggling with this too. Gina, I especially like the size-shifting links idea on the blue and white bracelet. I just posted a jewelry page on our website and hope to add some more soon, but here are a couple of pics.

Why on earth do my pics look crystal clear on my own computer but turn all fuzzy when I upload them here or on ebay? argh.

- debbie

DonnaBee
10-31-2004, 11:31 AM
Well, I think the October glass finished jewelry show n tell is a real gem among gems. What a great month.

And I can hardly believe it, but I made one more piece last night from my own glass! Yay! :) The small focal is Moretti, I don't remember what colors, but I think I must have fumed this with something, don't remember what!

Anyway, I raise a toast to all you here in October, and here is to November approaching! :)

DonnaBee
10-31-2004, 11:39 AM
We have two October finished jewelry threads.

Here is another one:

http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221547&highlight=october+jewelry

It's not to be missed! I wonder if these two threads can be combined?

Emjay
10-31-2004, 12:01 PM
OOhhh, Donna, That necklace is beautiful!!! So soft-looking and delicate. Did you say you use regular Soft Flex for these?

DonnaBee
10-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi Jean, thank you so much!

It's the regular Softflex .019 :)

(Not Softflexes' SoftTouch, I don't prefer that option because I think that the coating breaks down faster. This is just a very unscientific feeling I have about it. And yes, breakage I have seen, but that was under extreme circumstances.)

I also have no problem using Beadalon with this style necklace, personally. (The beadalon nylon coating seems to hold up very well with this style necklace actually.)

(and 2mm crimps from Rio, just crimp gently, only "hug" the softflex with your crimp bead, so you aren't cutting through the nylon coating.)

DonnaBee
10-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Oh, one more thing, I find that the lampwork focal should be under 12mm.

I find this is the size that sells, for this style necklace. And the accent beads, 4mm and 6mm.

Everyone make and sell some! Women look beautiful in these.

The petite women want 16-18" length

The women of size want 18"- 20".

I have one full-figured client who I do hers in 24".

But no matter what the necklace length, I still keep the lampwork focal at 12mm or less.

Emjay
10-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks, Donna.
Then if you don't mind, I have a show this coming weekend that I need some extra (easy!) pieces for, so I will try to get some of these done. Actually have all the components. I've thought of some other things that work up fast, but I'm always missing some element or another, and not much time to order.
I sure hope we 2 Illinoisans (sp?) can meet sometime!

DonnaBee
10-31-2004, 12:44 PM
Go for it Jean! (And please let me know if they were a hit. I would be interested to know the response to them, as I have never done a show.)

They are very eye-catching, and the profit margin can potentially be quite high with these. ;)

Jean, if you would let me see some pics of your interpretation of these later, and tell me what prices you got (if you get the time to shoot pics), I would be so thrilled and greatly appreciate it! :)

Good luck at your show!

(I think one like the one in my photo here should retail for about $89.00, what do you think?)

(Mary McDuck just sold one of mine at a show for $89.00 and it had no lampwork on it! Only about (10) 4mm Swarovski AB cubes.)

sinatragal
10-31-2004, 03:59 PM
here's some from me! I love the work everyone is showing! I have my first show next Sat. =0) Wish me luck!
Kim :wink2: