PDA

View Full Version : First Ebay Auction, AAAHHH! Need help

kissmyglass
10-01-2004, 08:38 AM
I posted my first ebay auctions last night and now I am so nervous. I have a local upscale boutique waiting to sell anything I make, so why put myself through this? How do you get through these auctions? Nerves of steel? I don't know how to get a link from my posts to ebay auctions. Can someone help me? My item numbers are: 4930180705, 4930175955,4930171087. Technology hates me.

bubbasjewels
10-01-2004, 08:48 AM
:clap: :clap:
Lookin' good!!! One slight problemo tho.............you have shipping insurance of 4.20.........typo?

kissmyglass auctions (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZdulcineabeadsQQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1)

Look in your post box and click on the little globe thingie..........I just put in "kissmyglass auctions" and clicked okay, then I copied and pasted the URL of your auctions into the next little box...............Viola! linkie

You can also add the link to your sig line so you don't have to keep typing that puppy in :D

kissmyglass
10-01-2004, 08:55 AM
Wait, the "URL of my auctions?" WAAAA -I don't speak that. Help for dummies didn't work. Now do help for morons.

kissmyglass
10-01-2004, 08:56 AM
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZdulcineabeadsQQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1
Did that work? Can you just come over already!!!

!Karen
10-01-2004, 08:57 AM
I sent you a PM with instructions for adding a hot link to your sig line so we can click and go to your auctions!

Let me know if you have a problem with the directions!

You already have bids on your beads, looking good!!!

:wave:

!Karen
10-01-2004, 09:00 AM
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZdulcineabeadsQQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1
Did that work? Can you just come over already!!!

That worked, but you can make your auction sales a sticky in your sig line (along with your quote).

kissmyglass
10-01-2004, 09:01 AM
It would probably be easier to pull a bowling ball out of my ...... LOL!!!!

bubbasjewels
10-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Your link worked :D

redfoot
10-01-2004, 09:15 AM
The E=bay looks good. I'm waiting for the kids to come over to show me how to get pitures on. Nice clear shots of the beads. Good luck and love the chickens. Tom

kissmyglass
10-01-2004, 09:25 AM
IT WORKED!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
Karen, thank you! great directions !
Duffy, Thank you! yes A typo - but LOL I can't fix it until the kids come home from school! You guys are all so nice.
Yes, Tom you need SMALL children for things like this, programming VCR's/tivos and they are key for digital cameras! Your children may be grown so go out and find someone with a young child, preferably under 5!!!!! thats the key to photoshop! I am thinking of starting a business renting out my kids for things like this or disarming high tech security systems. Wait, I think I'm on to something - gotta go!

!Karen
10-01-2004, 10:45 AM
:clap: :clap: Excellent!!

skradke
10-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Looks like everything is going quite well :D Love your beads

bonnybeads
10-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Wow! You're an inspiration to me! (I've not posted any of my lampwork on ebay yet.) It looks like you are doing great!

I love your beads - especially the bing cherries - what a beautiful shade of red! :clap:

Bonnie

Nette
10-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Wow! Your auctions are doing great. How long have you been making beads? I am so impressed. :clap: :clap: :clap: Good Job!
Annette

kissmyglass
10-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Thank you for the encouragement. I would rather make beads than try to take digital pictures and try to figure out the computer/ ebay etc.... Technology HATES ME!!!!!!
Annette, I have been making beads since August. I have to give kudos to my teacher Ann Baldwin "Schermo" who taught me one on one for two straight (long) days and all the tutorials given to me by all you nice wet canvas folks. I also worked through Corina's books (Passing the flame and the Spotlight On ) for about 5 hours a day until I did every page of the books. I'm a very focused person! I am a painter and am used to making myself a work schedule in order to produce an income. Last year my kids and I lived alone in Central Mexico and had to live solely on my art sales, so actually this feels like a break sometimes !LOL! thanks for the kind encouragement. katherine

kissmyglass
10-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Thank you Bonnie, i'm sure yours are better but being COMPLETELY alone in NC and being so homesick for Mexico - little words of encouragement from cyberfriends keeps me going - especially today which has been extra lonely. thank you. katherine