PDA

View Full Version : 3D Illustration, anyone?

designbyjen
09-30-2004, 11:24 PM
well, grandpa is turning 90 this weekend & grandma had handed me a bunch of photos so i could make a lil' sculpture of their dog. before i glued it to a base...i thought i'd have a little fun & make it more of a 3D illo...which it would be fun to see more of here on w.c.
and since i have a 3D illustration on display on my china cabinet, that i did back in school,...i shot a pict. of it & put it up too. mind you...for 3D illos...the photography/lighting part is very, very important, & i just didn't take the time on that part *bad girl*; but wanted to get these up to maybe get some other 3D'ers interested in showing some of their shtuff off ;)
so let's have some fun here...anybody dipped their toe in this vein of illo?
~~~jen

AFM159
10-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Yeah - oddly enough, I did one back in college as an assignment for a class. It was plaster, glass and wood, with big bolts and fender washers holding it together in layers. I think I may still have it somewhere, but I'm not sure I'm willing to show it.

TedDawson
10-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Okay, here's my effort:

designbyjen
10-03-2004, 04:43 PM
ah ha....maybe it'd be better to start up a 'wc project' for this. i browsed thru them & didn't see anything including 3d as illo. i think that'd be a better fit for this.
one inclusion for sure is that you'd have to give a kind of art director description of what your illo. is. so, ted...what's yer story?
btw...my stories are: the dog one deals w/ a dog that loves to play, but has elderly 'parents'. so a kind of 'all these toys & nobody to play w/' kinda story. the second one is a lil' gem lov'in lizardy creature finding a treasure trove.
till then...i'll try to make some time to fig. the project stuff out.
~~~jen

Axl
10-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey jenn if you have any problems with the project stuff just let me know - I'll be the one working to edit and approve it with you and whatnot anyways so just lemme know if you need help.

TedDawson
10-04-2004, 11:30 PM
so, ted...what's yer story?

My story is that I'm sometimes a smart-alec.

designbyjen
10-05-2004, 01:08 AM
i know...i'm just not going to ass-ume anymore...i been in enough trouble!
~~~jen