PDA

View Full Version : Thurs, Sept.30'th Evening S&T

GardenGirl1002
09-30-2004, 08:45 PM
I didn't see this up here, so for the first time I guess I'll start it. The daytime S&T was just so wonderful! So many fun things to see. I swear everyone is just doing such impressive work lately. Great job, guys!! I love to get to see it every day!
I have finally joined the Raku frit ranks. All I had was the powder before, and while it was kind of fun to play with, I finally got stringer chunks and #3 frit. How fun. The raku beads are made on a spectrum 96 base so I could pile it on. One is black and the other purple, although you can't tell unless you hold it up to the light. (stringer is black, twisted is purple)
And my floral tonight is my reminder that less is more. I admit, I was a bit influenced by Kim Fields' beads this past weekend and that was why I tried to put ends on my floral, but I think Kim would shudder at my attempt...lol....I know I did! It would've been much prettier had I left it alone. Oh well, live and learn!
What do you all have tonight?? :)

scupltorgirl
09-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Kristen -- I have color envy :p . (That floral is pretty, too.)

AMR GlassWorks
09-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Yummers!!! Those are gorgeous!! Here's what I did with raku yesterday! :D The first set is encased raku with raised stringer designs and the second set is raku stringer on dark amythst and rolled frit powder on light amythest. :D

GardenGirl1002
09-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Thanks, sculptorgirl.....I have Anne envy :)
Those beads are just gorgeous! You amaze me every day with your jaw-dropping beads, Anne! I've been too scared to try to encase any of the frits - what glass do you use?
Have a great night!

AMR GlassWorks
09-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Thank you!! :o I was wondering if they would survive and so far they have!! I used amber Moretti I think, rolled it in the raku frit and then encased with Laucsha. :D Of course now I prolly just jinxed myself!! :rolleyes: LOL!

GinaJ
09-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Kristen, that floral is GORGEOUS! I love the ends on it!!!!!!
Anne, awesome beads, that first set is just beautiful!

quill
09-30-2004, 10:17 PM
I love both of your beads, lovely organic & very seasonal. For some reason, I am just stuck on pinks & black right now. Not seasonal but...oh well!
The muse & all....

KristiB
09-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Whoa! Awesome beads everyone :clap:

Just popping in to see what's happening...

Maybe one day I'll have some S&T ;)

Kristi

mhartjen
10-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Well, better late than never. I always enjoy this thread ... Marna

SonyaHusko
10-01-2004, 01:04 AM
I love this thread! The raku, the pink, the florals!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!

Here are a couple from me. A set of boro discs, including (but not limited to :wink2: ) : irrid, caramel blue, glacier blue, blue moon, green amber purple

And a set of Raku tabs on a base of black.