PDA

View Full Version : Children illo - new test

Petka
09-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Hello friends,

I am just working on a new small book for children as an illustrator. I tried a new technique different from my usual work. This is not the final version of the picture, composition and content for similar theme will be more worked later. How does it work for you?

TedDawson
09-30-2004, 06:59 PM
This is excellent, Rocky. Just great, that's all I can say. I like it.

designbyjen
09-30-2004, 11:03 PM
ooooh, very nice! also nice to see you here again. i remember you saying it was difficult w/ publishers in your area...is this a breakthrough?!
love the subject...i'm potty training my son!
i also remember you do very well w/ animation...this style would look so neat as one.
thank you for sharing your talent :clap:
~~~jen

Petka
10-01-2004, 08:17 AM
oh thank you jen, ted. appreciate your comments.

jen: oh, you remember me, cool :) Well, this is not actualy the breakthrough cause this will be just two small books (one for boys and one for girls as is usual for this subject) for a really small publisher who has just 2 people in his company :) However I think it will help me a lot, because their books are distributed to many places in our capital. This style is very unusual here, so I hope it will chatch the eyes of someone important. And I have also a chance to show more books at exhibitions and competitions. That's why I take the job for a small fee. Fortunately, I have many other activities which bring me money for life. I do illustrating for children cause I love it. I believe that the times, when I will illustrate on a daily basis without need of doing anything else, will come. Sooner or later.

AFM159
10-01-2004, 03:01 PM
Excellent, very nice!

They may be small, but that's still two books for your portfolio! And even small publishers and illustrators sometimes win awards and get noticed.

Leslie_Ann
10-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Petkas, what a charming illustration!!! What is your medium may I ask. My eye says photoshop with a vector path outline.