PDA

View Full Version : A slice of murrine from 1999 or look what I found in my junk box>

Mike E etc
09-30-2004, 08:31 AM
I was just looking through my shorts for color when I came across this slice. The milli are store bought. I made the butterfly.

..................http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/10033-butterfly-murrine-slice.jpg

Mike E

Sue in Maine
09-30-2004, 09:22 AM
You found this in your junk box? Take this in the spirit it's meant for, ok?-- you don't deserve a junk box! SEND IT TO ME!!!! lol

What a beauty. I can't imagine how this was put off to the side and not used. Thank you for sharing it.

Sue in Maine

Lehcar
09-30-2004, 10:07 AM
I would faint if I found that in my junk box! That is very cool!

!Karen
09-30-2004, 12:41 PM
I was just looking through my shorts for color when I came across this slice. The milli are store bought. I made the butterfly.

..................http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/10033-butterfly-murrine-slice.jpg

Mike E

Wow Mike, I can't believe you admitted to carrying that around in your shorts! :D

What other items of color do you normally store in your shorts? - inquiring minds would like to know :D:D

MistyCherie
09-30-2004, 01:24 PM
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

*giggle* Thanks for that laugh, I'll remember it and laugh all day!

*squish*

-M

Wow Mike, I can't believe you admitted to carrying that around in your shorts! :D

What other items of color do you normally store in your shorts? - inquiring minds would like to know :D:D

Starleens Studio
09-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Gorgeous Mike!

Murrine encased like yours is what made me interested in lampworking in the first place. -- Starleen

Vaverska
09-30-2004, 09:31 PM
AH Mike! I love it too much! My LOGO is a butterfly, my good luck charm...Butterfly...I have ONE tattoo ( butterfly). it is a beaute! You hit my "soft spot" with this...junk?...I think not! I too would love to know what ***Deleted for proprieties sake*** favor :p I could trade off for such "junk" I love murrini, but have not had much luck so far. *Sigh*...back to PPP! :(

KristiB
09-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Mike

Very cool.. my junk is not so beautiful I'm afraid.. but the grade school kids love it :D I don't carry mine around in my short though :rolleyes:

Kristi

!ngridh
10-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Mike...you are a treasure! I am always impressed with your work.

Mike E etc
10-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Am I being picked on. Shorts indeed. I can tell you what I do not carry in my shorts and that is a wallet... damn bulgy things anyway.

The murrine has been used in some paperweight buttons. This is a 1/2" cane. Yesterday I found a four inch cane from 2000 I did not remember with several lampworked milli and a ditch weed leaf in the center... :) Making milli in the torch is fun. Here is a link to some I have made; milli (http://glassartists.imghost.org/3000/Img3287_mille-murrine.jpg)

Butterflies are cool.

Mike, it is cool and rainy and I have shorts on, E

!ngred, you are an exclamation point in my life!