PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Show and Tell - Sept 30th

StefaniBeads
09-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Don't see one yet, and it's that time! :D

Here's my latest and some of them I just cleaned an hour ago! I've been busy and trying to keep up a pace where I can list on ebay regularly. Keeps my customers happy! ;)

beadreamer
09-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Lisa, beautiful sets! I particularly like the last one.

Here are my halloween beads (made with Corina's bead squeeze)

Briatha
09-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Lisa all three sets are lip smackin' good :D

Mary delightful Halloween set and great use of a tool!

More lentils :evil:
Emerald Elf Rocks, Autumn Raku Cascade, Black and White Omens

StefaniBeads
09-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Oops! I forgot the "tell' part! Plus, here's a few more, because I don't get on here very often, lol! The pics are a little big, sorry! :o

In my post above: Turquoise swirlies - color cane of turquoise, nile green, and sky blue, the red ones are dk brown, dk red, and orange, ivory ones have Val's mint green frit. Except for frit, and sunset coral spacers (BE) the glass is Effetre.

This post: Ruby Gold on Uroboros white, Val's gold purple frit on BE neo lavender opal, and Val's apricot sorbet on copper green (yummy!).

The tab (pressed with ol' fashioned paddle and top mount marver ;) ) looks a little like raku, doesn't it? And maybe a little like boro? It's made with BE medium amber, and Val's ocelot spots frit with amber pulled stringer. I made a roundish bead of the amber, and "painted" on the stringer. I LOVE this effect, and I am going to have to order some more BE! :D

Juls
09-30-2004, 01:29 AM
Steph, Gorgeous beads! You are definitely on a roll!

Mary, those Halloween beads are too fun!

Briatha, your lentils are beautiful!

College football is in full swing, so here's a ROLL TIDE! collection. Also a Halloween set. :D

All Moretti glass.

hugs~
~Juls

SPIglass
09-30-2004, 01:40 AM
I just love the beadies so far! The Halloween set and the Roll Tide set. I'm originally from Alabama and was a big University of Alabama fan back then. Here's a couple new ones from me. The first one is on Vetrofond Violet with Val's Raku frit and a few other frits thrown in with some silver. The second one, gosh I think is that odd lot gray-blue Moretti I got at the Gathering with a little periwinkle and some Sahara frit (at least I think that's what color I used). Can't remember what color core I used on that one.

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/10616-violetraku1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/10616-oceanview1.jpg

tigerlil
09-30-2004, 01:47 AM
Lisa~~I can see why your customers are happy! very pretty~~good going! I do like the apricot on copper green and all the rest, too

Briatha--very nice sets--pretty autumn raku~~

Paulette--that last beads a stunner :clap:

Juls --great Hallow's beads!!They look like fun~

cool witches & cats, Beadreamer :cat:

tigerlil
09-30-2004, 01:51 AM
well because I'm on here so late (it's bedtime for me) I always end up on the end of posts--it's still Weds. here. So I'm going to post my latest beads again since they ended up on the very end of a S & T over the weekend. and I'm working full-full-time so not much time on the torch :(

they are different turquoises and copper blue frit on black w/ silver leaf--and I'm doing the old-fashioned two paddle method for them, too, like you, Lisa! No nice CBS's yet or ice tongs

kybeadmaker
09-30-2004, 01:59 AM
What a great S&T so far !! That pillow press keeps jumping on my workbench and insisting that I use it ...what's a person to do??!! :)

Beth Myers
09-30-2004, 02:06 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Good job you guys!
And jumping back up on my craftsmanship bandwagon, let me say, well made beads everyone!!!! Great shapes!
Beth

KikkiSweden
09-30-2004, 02:50 AM
Gorgeous beads today!

Here is a set I've been meaning to show you for a couple of days. Tiger beads combined with etched blue whithearts. I just love the inner glow transparants get when etched.

Virginia L.
09-30-2004, 03:17 AM
Hello, what beautiful work already!!!
Lisa, wow, love that green set, the others are pretty, the red one does not come thru on my computer
Mary - cute animal beads and candy corn
Faith, beautiful as usual - I really like the orange and raku ones
Lisa, more nice beads - my pics are always big, I don't know how to make them smaller - LOVE that last bead best
Juls, verrrrrrrrrrrrry pretty, LOVE the elephant
Paulette, they are both beautiful but the pink one, oooooooooo, ooooooooo, ooooooooooo, ooooooooooooo
Lisa B. very nice, very striking!!!!
Harriet, wonderful as usual - I was thinking of your beads today, while I tried to make a wild zoozii bead, as you can see below, I failed terribly, is not worth showing
Kikki, great tigers, LOVE the blue beads
I made some smaller fishies - I am really pleased with them, I am gonna call them Ruffled Fish Kids - they are much smaller, so I can sell them cheaper - I have a friend that wants to buy one and these are much quicker
Then - I did a nearly four inch bead that I just love. it has a long strip of pink dichro and lavender flowers
I also did a dichro bead and put three layers of the dichro - I wish it showed better, it is such a deep color and then I twisted the ends
then a couple more stars I am really pleased with.
Have a wonderful Thursday - God Bless - Virginia L.

Denise K
09-30-2004, 03:36 AM
Beautiful beads everyone! I love that halloween set.

Here's a couple of mine, the first set is czech smoke and SIS, except the twisties they're Bullseye and the second set is black, one of the violets and raku.

GinaJ
09-30-2004, 04:20 AM
Good morning, all, beautiful work all around!
Lisa, beautiful beads, that last one DOES look like Raku!
Mary, those have GOT to be some of the cutest Halloween beads I have ever seen!!
Faith, love your beads, the first set looks like gems
Juls, fabulous dot work, as always!
Paulette, your focals are just gorgeous!
Liza, those are great, they look like bead squeezes!
Harriet, I love your colors, those are beautiful!
Kikki, perfect tiger beads, and they look cool with the blue beads
Virginia, I LOVE THE FISH KIDS!!!!
Denise, beautiful sets, I love the effects on the second one.

Here's mine, Moretti turquoise and ink blue, with tons of clear:

kimv
09-30-2004, 05:43 AM
Good morning all,
Gorgeous beads by all of you. I'm almost hesitant to post these. But here goes. These are moretti white painted with enamels. I thought I was painting black eyed susans but my DH declared them sunflowers. I know I'm right-gotta love that feeling :-) Is it Friday night yet? Then I can work on making more "canvases" to paint on!!
Darn work is just getting in the way of my fun :D
Kim V

nursekatie
09-30-2004, 06:46 AM
Holy Cow....you guys are up and at em all ready!! What inspiration!!

I have been playing with R-108 powder...what fun stuff that is!! I just sent half of what I bought to Mari Johnson...can't wait to see what she does with it! This is a tube shape, I think in ivory :rolleyes: rolled in R-108 powder then a cane of coral and trans red spiraled around........partially raised, partially melted in.

Then I have a bead that I made from inspiration from Kaye. My friend Jenny wanted to see how Kaye made her neptune bead.....so I was trying my hand at it....and as typical of me.....I thought...........this technique would make an awesome long bead....hee hee.....base of ivory, encased in a trans purple one end has copper green then carefully placed SIS.

Then....just a nice organic long bead (measures over 50mm from end to end).....Much cooler in person.....Ivory with patches of silver leaf (not burnished in) Spiral of trans blue, melted down.

swamperfolk
09-30-2004, 06:46 AM
Good morning all,
Gorgeous beads by all of you. I'm almost hesitant to post these. But here goes. These are moretti white painted with enamels. I thought I was painting black eyed susans but my DH declared them sunflowers. I know I'm right-gotta love that feeling :-) Is it Friday night yet? Then I can work on making more "canvases" to paint on!!
Darn work is just getting in the way of my fun :D
Kim V

Kim, how do you "paint with enamels"? Were the flowers applied after beads were cool or did you actually apply enamel powder with a wire brush while the beads were hot?

Foofaraw
09-30-2004, 07:12 AM
Stefani ~ I like the effect you got on the green, very sea like.
Mary ~ those are fabulous, the frankenstein and witch and to perfect for words!
Briatha ~ the first ones strike my fancy the best!
Juls ~ great job on the elephant!
Paulette ~ Ohhh I love the long raku bead!!!
Liza ~ doing it the "old fashioned way" is just fine, especially when you get such a consistent shape, great job!
Harriet ~ I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish I had your color sense!!!
Kikki ~ Tigers at the pond!!! Love them!
Virginia ~ boy have you been busy, that star looks like a masterpiece!
Denise ~ I love the look you got on the lentils with the raku, reminds me of eyes!
Gina ~ what an intersting color combo, I like it!
Kim ~ Hey have you stopped emailing me your pictures!!! I love them! You need some enamels to give some texture to the backround, a couple shades of green and a hint of brown!
Katie ~ that last one is to die for!!!! I might have to go hunt it down!

Here is my first set made with the zoozii lovin' press. All I can say is that there is going to be a whole lotta zoozii lovin' at my house!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/19877-Queen-of-Hearts.jpg

kimv
09-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Linda,
The beads are made and cooled. Then I use Thompson's water based enamels (comes in tubes) to paint the designs. They have oil based ones too, but I had a problem before with using oil paints so now I try to stay with water based. I haven't tried using the powdered enamels to paint with. It's on my list of things to try.
Sometimes I have to paint a layer of the design, fire it, paint another layer, fire it, etc. until it's done. I found that using the blending technique I do, and the medium, the unfired parts would lift off. My rosebuds are done in multiple firings. Right now, I have a set of pillows waiting for the next layer. Takes longer, but the end result is better than trying to do it all in one. Kate Fowle said that some of her beads are fired 5 or 6 times. These flowers were done all in one setting. Guess it depends on what I'm trying to achieve. Does this help? If not, give a holler and I'll try to explain it better.
Kim V

Kim, how do you "paint with enamels"? Were the flowers applied after beads were cool or did you actually apply enamel powder with a wire brush while the beads were hot?

kimv
09-30-2004, 07:26 AM
Jenn,
You're right! Maybe over the weekend I'll be able to keep my eyes open enough to do it :) The truth is, usually I make up a few sets of plain beads, and then when they tell me what they want painted on them, I pick up the brush and go to town. I envy people who plan things out!!
I promise to send you pics (said very sheepishly).
I LOVE the zooziis hearts! Maybe this weekend I can play with the press. I think this weekend needs some stretching done to it so I have enough time to do all I want to do!!
Off to work, those little ones are just chomping at the bit to see what they can come up with to drive me to distraction today :) I do have to say that when I come home at the end of the day, I get to see all the pretties that everyone has shared! Nice way to unwind.

Kim V

Kim ~ Hey have you stopped emailing me your pictures!!! I love them! You need some enamels to give some texture to the backround, a couple shades of green and a hint of brown!

Here is my first set made with the zoozii lovin' press. All I can say is that there is going to be a whole lotta zoozii lovin' at my house!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/19877-Queen-of-Hearts.jpg[/QUOTE]

Onalee
09-30-2004, 08:02 AM
I wanted to get this up so will go back and look later. I finally got my new camera and have some things on e-bay again. Onalee

starlightdesigns
09-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Off to a grand start this morning! Yippee!

Lisa - Great sets, especially the light teal set - yum!!!!

Mary - that Halloween set is ADORABLE!

Faith - more luscious lentils from you! Yay!!!! Awesome as usual!

Juls - wow, killer sets, especially the red and white ones... But, I do find the background distracting...

Paulette - oh, man, girl, that purple bicone really rocks!!!

Liza - I remember those turquoise beads, they're beautiful. At the time I was looking for a way to make "electric blue" and yours fit the bill perfectly!

Harriet, your beads are just so much fun - look good enough to eat!

Kiki - Great set - LOVE the color combo!!!

Virginia - Such adorable little fishy wishies!!! Great star beads, your techniques just get better and better!

Denise - Wow!!! Fantastic black set!!!

Gina - oh, yummy yummy yummy!!!! Those are to DIE FOR!!!

Kim - Oh, those are just lovely!!!! Amazing!

Katie - more awesome work from you! I love the one with the purple!

Jenn - I saw that set on ebay last night... My my! Magnificent!

Here's my latest... Heart cylinder beads with a heart focal (all Moretti)... I called it a "Whole Lotta Luv"!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/37248-dls196.jpg

Plus a couple Moretti florals I like...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/37248-dlf202.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/37248-dlf203.jpg

Have a great day!!!

manda j
09-30-2004, 08:23 AM
Hi all- Great beads today.
Jenn- I love the lovin' beads
I just designed a little peyote Thanksgiving bag and have started to make veggies to go with it for a necklace.

creativespirit
09-30-2004, 08:31 AM
WOW great stuff today! :clap: Here are mine for today.

Peace
Wendy :wave:

swamperfolk
09-30-2004, 08:35 AM
I posted these in the Frantz and Corina forums because the beautiful glass came from Frantz and the last Corina challenge. I love this mustard color. It doesn't look like much in the rod but it sure is beautiful with the raku stringer. Thank you again Corina and Mike.

Oh and thes beads were made with the Osibin Lentil marver and my flat marver. I think they are shaped like I imagine the Corina bead squeeze...thicker in the middle and tapered at the edges, just not round and lentil shaped.

maureen
09-30-2004, 08:51 AM
oh my...what great work! i'm late for kickboxing, so just a quick flyby... here's mine.......flowers and boro...........enjoy the day! maureen

jeffwelsh23462
09-30-2004, 09:43 AM
okay guys.. here are mine.. 5 different sea dragons.all will be on ebay tonight! i have 3 more too but i need to take their pics! :cool: :clap: :)

jeffwelsh23462
09-30-2004, 09:51 AM
here are the other 3 sea dragons , a dolphin pendant and a dolphin marble. :clap: :rolleyes: :)

tigerlil
09-30-2004, 10:01 AM
just coming back here to take another look--more gorgeous work everyone!!!

Jeff those are the absolute coolist sea dragons--what wonderful pendants :clap:

lots more great work...

travelin'gal
09-30-2004, 10:01 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Wow ya'll. Beautiful pictures to wake up too. :clap:

Maureen, your florals are speaking to me :p

Here are a couple of mine. !st is raku on cobalt. Second is on a base of light amber, with light coral, perwinkle, and yellow.

Have a good day.
Deanna
oops forgot the pics.lol

redfoot
09-30-2004, 10:08 AM
What a beautiful show this morning. Being a new guy it"s just awsome seeing all these wonderful creations.
I was just thinking of heart beads going trough the side and there they are.
I just love this wet canvas. thanx to all Tom :wave:

amy fgb
09-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Holy cow - What a great thread to wake up to! Thanks for sharing!

Here's a set I just listed last night...

littlecrow1
09-30-2004, 10:48 AM
:clap: Beautiful Beads Today! :clap:

Haunting- made with intense black, two different oranges, loads of clear, and Evil Purp
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=172172&stc=1

Temptress- made with evil purple and cranberry frit and clear...swirled in the flame...:) I actually didnt burn it..lol..I usually so when using EDP for a base bead color

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=172173&stc=1

amy fgb
09-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Deb,

I love that stuff (real technical term I know - you can tell I'm not a jewelry designer) that you strung the beads on. Very, very cool. It makes the beads stand out even more (my fave's the "Haunting").

nicker
09-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Amy I love the furry yarn too very cool! These are Iris Gold with Raku overtop I love them! What a way to start the morning!

littlecrow1
09-30-2004, 12:40 PM
Thank you for the compliment:) I looove using the fibers to string beads...Im using it in finished jewelry also..its very artistic...it just brings out the PERSONALITY of the beads I think...or is it my personality?...lil flakey/all over the place/ lil unruley...hehe;)

you can get it at Meijers / Wallmarts ect...called tickle yarn or other brands are out there also..it runs around $4 skien. But I warn ya...its as addicting as buying frit:O...lol

amayita
09-30-2004, 02:16 PM
Ok here is my set for the day. Coral and green filigranna vines, with coral and rubino floral lentils. They are going up on ebay today!

Great S&T Everyone!

isle-of-cats
09-30-2004, 02:46 PM
What an awesome S&T!!!

I don't S&T that much but here are some from the last few days...
sorta thread hoggish... :o :rolleyes:

Whiteheart, lavender trans., stringer is the Purple Rose chunk from Blue Heeler (WOW, I love it!)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/29828-09-30-04.3bsmall.JPG
More Purple rose stringer on white
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/29828-09-30-04.4bsmall.JPG
played with some dicro again... trans. dark purple base, dicro, clear with light blue stringer
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/29828-09-30-04.1small.JPG
Med Red base, dicro, clear, mustard stringer
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/29828-09-30-04.2csmall.JPG
A Halloweenie beadie :D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/29828-09-30-04.7small.JPG
Beads on Fire...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/29828-09-30-04.8asmall.JPG
A simple white base with light plum stringer and more white dots
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2004/29828-09-30-04.5small.JPG

koregon
09-30-2004, 02:57 PM
beautiful beads everyone!
here is one from me yesterday...also made the same o same o...that I am sure you have seen enough of...but this focal was new..

used some flamingo frit underneath the raku stringer and powder and other stuff...just a lot of thrown on stuff...but it turned out kinda cool...almost tapestry antique look

Amozoo
09-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Holy Moly Macrel Annie!
I think I might throw up everyone's beads are simply the BoMB!
I got my first frit from val here are the results
Regular black moretti base, but then I experimented and put squiggles of different translucent colors over that (they wouldn't show up) each bead only had one added color. let's see, I tried rubino, that dark blue that is not the ink one, the one they made by mistake (?) can't think of it's name, one I used a tanish, light brown type color (?) I might have tried a green one or a teal. who knows which beads had what colors ha ha I don't. I thought they might influence the jitterbug raku stringer work! here they are (I'm sure probably 10 people have already used this name before - sometimes I hate having to think of a name, I just grab the first vowel that pops in my head)

one more thing, on the manly pen beads, those really pretty blue dots, I encased that really dark blue over white, then rolled it in some blue frit from val (maybe winter blues?) something like that, then pulled a stringer, pretty color hu?

tigerlil
10-01-2004, 10:22 PM
One more time~ WOW everyone! Just more and more great stuff to look at and dream about ~~

Kaye, Amayita, Amoret, Nickers, and Amy--what beauteous beads you guys are doing! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I of C, Nicole! That purple bead just GLOWs~~that is wild. Please do not be showing me another color that I must have. I do like putting trans purple over white, too, but I never get that effect. all of these are very very pretty