PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Vector Illustrations

Leslie_Ann
09-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Hey All. :)
I thought I'd post up what I'm working on now. As I'm wrapping up my freelance job, and opportunity has come up to do graphic designs for a tshirt company in Montreal. I am working over the next few days to get samples together and this one is typical of how they display there clothes online. Drawing them out kinda reminded me of when I drew paper doll clothes as a kid. It was great fun. :)

Anyways, it was all done in Illustrator except for the initial thumbnails I did for the layout. The company name is bogus, but the fashions are examples of what they carry.
If anyone has any questions about it I'd be glad to answer, as soon as I've finished the rest of the submission.
Thanks for looking and I hope it inspires a curiousity and interest in trying vector art as an illustrator for those who haven't yet. :)

The market is pretty good for it right now...kinda sorta...comes in waves. :)

Sketch22
09-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Leslie Anne,

This looks really great. So clean and trendy. I am used to working with vectors, but only at T-shirt shops. Vectors can be fun and easy. I haven't really used them for any personal projects. Perhaps I should try sometime. This is an inspiration for me to do a piece using illustrator or freehand, which are collecting dust on my motherboard right now.

I hope the samples do the trick for you, good luck with the job!

AFM159
09-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Cool, looks good! I hope you get the job.

Axl
09-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Aye - I agree they look wonderful :D Good luck!

Leslie_Ann
10-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Thank you guys. I haven't been back here because I was too nervous to talk about it! lol My interview was today and I found out the company has supplied t-shirt graphics for Roots Canada!! I'd be replacing the guy who did that! If I get it, it would be just a little out of my experience, but they seemed to like my stuff.
ACK, I can't think about it anymore.
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Leslie_Ann
10-06-2004, 05:48 PM
I GOT THE JOB!!!!

The company called me in this morning to do a live skills test and I passed! I start tomorrow part time until I graduate the first week of December. I can't believe I'm going to be spending 7 hours a day in Illustrator and getting paid for it!!! I have my own desk, a window, and a brand new G5 with Illustrator CS. And people are going to be wearing my art!!!
I think I'm going to celebrate by getting eight hours sleep. lol

coolray
10-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Leslie_Ann

Congratulations!!!!! I am sorry that I just got to looking at this thread, but I truly think you have the talent for this job! You have nothing to worry about now. Just learn as you go, and enjoy the ride!!!!

All my best to you and your new job!!!

Terry

CoriaIsDaBest
10-18-2004, 07:38 PM
BOOM! Go girl! :clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations!!!!!!!!

marilyn h
10-19-2004, 01:08 PM
How Wonderful! It is great for you!