PDA

View Full Version : Yippee!! First set of silvered ivory beads!

StefaniBeads
09-30-2004, 12:05 AM
I just had to start a thread and show these off, lol! I don't know why I waited so long to start playing with my stash of silver leaf! I'm really hooked already, I'll tell you that! :D

A long time ago (okay, a year!) in my newbie days I made some SIS and a few little beads (I looove the egg shaped one with the sharp holes! :rolleyes: ;) ) and then stopped when I read on ISGB that you must have very good ventilation and/or wear a respirator. EEK - I put that stuff away! I've had a respirator for a while, and I use that for frits, but figured I'd wait to get my studio going before I got out the silver. Well.....my studio will be done soon and I've been going a little stir-crazy and want to move on to bigger and better things! No longer going to wait, I put on my respirator and was having a grand ol' time!

In the first picture are my newbie silvered ivory beads made over a year ago, and the other pics are my first set using SIS. The design is rather simple, not hard at all! They are a dark ivory base, random dots of dark aqua (hey, I'm dot impaired! :p heehee!), and SIS in a random pattern over that. These beads are a little bigger than I usually make, mostly because the ivory melts easier, I'm not one for patience! My "hand model" (16 yr old DD) was falling asleep when I was taking the ebay pics, I had to tickle her to perk her up, lol! :D

They were a lot of fun, and I can't wait to play some more! I'll try amethyst and amber next time! :)

NitroGal78
09-30-2004, 12:16 AM
Awesome beads, Lisa. I need to get the silver back out too.

Cole
09-30-2004, 12:54 AM
My "hand model" (16 yr old DD) was falling asleep when I was taking the ebay pics, I had to tickle her to perk her up, lol! :D

Yes, I was thinking that that hand was looking quite perky!! :D

That is such a great color combination, perfect for fall and winter! Very nice!

swamperfolk
09-30-2004, 06:51 AM
Wowzers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ellen Altamore
09-30-2004, 07:14 AM
I'm a huge fan of SIS and you have done a wonderful job with yours. :clap:

dawnann
09-30-2004, 07:21 AM
Wow, Nice beads! I just recieved my Silver foil from Val yesterday. Thats nice foil. I can pick it up with my hands! I'm off to the torch as soon as my little one is off to kindergarden....Have a great day! Dawn

BioImage
09-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Nice work! SIS is very high on my list of favorite things to play with. Be sure to post pics of the next ones with different colors.

Robert

melzip
09-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Hi all!! :wave:

Okay, I am so new to this, I love those silvered ivory beads, but how the heck are they made? I'm going stir crazy here..... hehe!
Melissa

StefaniBeads
09-30-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi all!! :wave:

Okay, I am so new to this, I love those silvered ivory beads, but how the heck are they made? I'm going stir crazy here..... hehe!
Melissa

Hi Melissa!

It's not hard to make the stringer, in fact, I think it's fun! Here's a link:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198968&highlight=silvered+ivory+stringer+tutorial

StefaniBeads
09-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Wow, Nice beads! I just recieved my Silver foil from Val yesterday. Thats nice foil. I can pick it up with my hands! I'm off to the torch as soon as my little one is off to kindergarden....Have a great day! Dawn

Yep, Val has great foil and leaf, and her prices are more than fair! She will be making some more money off of me, that's for sure! (Val, are you reading this?? :D )

PattyK
09-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Lisa those are just beautiful! What a great color combination! :clap:

melzip
09-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Thank you Lisa!!! I tried it and I love it!!! Thank you Thank you!!

p.s. Anyone know of any good links for website logos? I'm trying to set up my own website but would love some ideas for logos. thanks again!!
Melissa

StefaniBeads
09-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks to all of you for the compliments! You people are great, WC rocks!! :clap: