PDA

View Full Version : Nightfish_red

mansuri
10-27-2001, 04:45 PM
Any comments would be appreciated. Be as critical as you want.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2001/nightfish_red.jpg

kayemme
10-28-2001, 01:32 AM
at what point in completion would you call this?

yours,
k

mansuri
10-28-2001, 01:00 AM
I was not planning to do much more but welcome any suggestions. Thanks

colorme
10-28-2001, 06:23 PM
i like this so far, but can you tell more about the painting.

mansuri
10-29-2001, 09:59 PM
I did this right after I came home late one night after a date in 1994. I felt like I had to paint right away and this painting was the result.

kayemme
10-31-2001, 10:54 PM
do you have the ability to get a better jpg of it? it's hard to see with the glare...

from what i can tell, it seems as if it's really not finished.

it doesn't feel "polished."

the reds, even though some parts are transparent, feel like they're all the same value. there's not enough definition to these forms, imo, to make the composition work as a whole...

the background suffers the same trauma....

i say this with my own colour bias... colour is my gig, so i guess it's the first thing i look for.

the brushstrokes all look pretty much the same, not too much variation.

i'm interested to know what media you've used and on what it is painted and the size, too.

good luck :)

k

mansuri
11-01-2001, 09:27 AM
Thanks for your input kayemme. Thats exactly the kind of input I am looking for. I feel the same way. I feel the painting is not what it should be. It lacks in composition(my weakest point). I may work on that some and I have some ideas. Its
18 X 24, oil on board. What whould you suggest from a color point of view? I have a few ideas there to to try out.

On the jpg. I have tied a lot to get a better picture but this the best I can get. I will try to get a better one...