PDA

View Full Version : Independence Day

ExpressiveAngie
09-29-2004, 12:17 PM
14x18
stretched canvas

C and C welcome, I was trying to say a little more with this one.... :p :D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2004/29518-Independence_Day.jpg

Charlie's Mum
09-29-2004, 12:21 PM
It's very charming Angie - certainly speaks of a breezy, sunny day.
I think it would be nice to see you all your beach scene pics in a row, side by side! :D

Eileenjm
09-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi Angie, Beautiful work as always. Love the sky and the colours you have used. :clap: :clap:

Eileen.

Phranque
09-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Very nicely done Angie. I can really sense a nice strong salty breeze looking at this. The blues are great and I really like the white dresses. The little girl in the centre looking out at the viewer really pulls you into the scene. It's making me long for the ocean, it's been about thirteen years since I've walked on a beach. It was in Greece, they have magnificent beaches there.

HRH Goldie
09-29-2004, 06:48 PM
A days gone by feeling with this one - I take it that was intentional hence the title. The small amount of detail in the front corners vignettes the sand nicely and concentrates the eye on the three figures! :wink2:
Just so as you realised I had noticed the absence of an even number lol :D
Just curious but have you suddenly found a gallery for these paintings or are you obsessing about beaches at the moment?
Either way thanks for the song - it was lovely :wink2:

Christine

Lady Carol
09-29-2004, 07:23 PM
I like the way the central figure is looking directly at us as though you have caught a moment in time. Wonderful :clap: :clap:

ExpressiveAngie
09-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Maureen, thank you - I may put all the scenes on together on my site will post it if I do :)

Eileen, you are always so sweet...thank you!

Frank I am so pleased I made you think of places and times albeit a little bittersweet for you...i hope you (and me for that matter) get to go to Greece one day very soon!

Christine, lol yes girl *3* :D ---- no gallery, just obsessing ( I may be a little off but I hear they makes meds taht can help me...) :cat:

Thank you Carol...I wondered how she was gonna be received and I am most happy that yall approve.

Bobbo
09-30-2004, 04:24 AM
i can remember you starting out with acrylics
you have become so confident!!
this is a charming painting,
you've arranged the girls very well
(good you used three :D )
i like the way they break up the shore line
making a great link and breaking up
the three main horizontals
i agree with the breeze!!

Lulu
09-30-2004, 05:57 AM
Absolutely delightful!

ExpressiveAngie
09-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Rob - you were good to me at the beginning of my acrylic journey and that is something I try to pass on...Thank you for commenting on my newest.

Thank you Lulu, can hardly wait to see your next one.

Marty C
09-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Hi Angie,
A charming scene, nice sense of the wind blowing along the beach.
The figure arrangement is very good, the girls to left and right absorbed in their activity in the sand and the middle one pausing to look up at the viewer. The girls are so compelling the rest of the work barely comes into play - that is a compliment by the way, you have an irresistible focal area.
Very good work, Angie, your beaches have been a good series.

ExpressiveAngie
09-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Thank you Marty... :)

katz
09-30-2004, 07:41 PM
I think the comp and technique is wonderful. I like how the middle girl is looking right at the viewer. I love your style.
Gay :clap: :clap: :clap:

sassybird
09-30-2004, 10:56 PM
One of the things that struck me as I viewed this piece is the red in the piece. It is a nice relieve from the softness of the rest of the work. I too like that the middle girl is looing straight out. That adds intimacy to the piece:)

ExpressiveAngie
10-01-2004, 11:04 AM
Thank so much Gay.
Glad you like the red sassybird and I thank you for commenting.

Ursus17
10-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Angie this is terrific! I think my favorite part is the girl holding the hat. It portrays breezy beach without screaming "look at me, I'm a breezy beach." (does that make sense?) That subtleness is very sophisticated. Nice work and thanks for posting this!

ExpressiveAngie
10-02-2004, 07:40 AM
Anna, thank you, the inspiration came from a photograph in the RIL. I cannot say enough about the wonderful folks who post pics for us to use...Thank you, Thank you I am going post some soon...you never really know what might inspire someone!