PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday's Wiggles and Giggles Show and Tell~

Beth Myers
09-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Happy Wednesday Everyone! :wave:
Tubes average in size... 50mm x 5 to 7mm wide.
Tear drop is 26mm x 16mm
All sorts of glass, and Val's frits.
Beth

DebbieSue
09-29-2004, 01:12 AM
Gorgeous colors there. Beautiful beads.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Debbie

Starleens Studio
09-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Very cool psychedelic look Beth, my fav is the 2nd pic / thin tube bead. How long is it?

I am still working on my floral beads, Grrrrrrrr...

Starleen

Beth Myers
09-29-2004, 01:21 AM
Thank you guys! :wave:
Starleen, you've got some nice colors working for you too!
B~

PolychromeBeads
09-29-2004, 02:00 AM
Beth, that pic with the single tube bead is the bomb! And Starleen, your florals are looking good.

Here is my latest floral:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2004/18777-nothorns1.jpg

And a couple of others I have on the 'Bay right now:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2004/18777-galaxiesend1.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2004/18777-sizzle1.jpg

Playing with silvered ivory and dichro!

Aimee
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2004/18777-ed3.jpg

Briatha
09-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Beth glorious tubes & tears! The top tear drop is to die for!

Starleen nice color combos! Your encased florals look much better than mine...I'm encased florally challenged :o

Aimee mouthwatering eye candy! I love the far left Silvered Ivory & Dicro.

Back to my lentil addiction :wink2:
Pink and Black Garden, Autumn Elf Rocks and Fuscia Gray Omens

Trishki
09-29-2004, 02:35 AM
Beth- those beads are absolutely stunning!
Starleen - great job on those florals!
Aimee- :wave: I love your new beads! (still have your stuff...we need to get together!)
Briatha-Loving those lentils! (especially the Elf Rocks ...ehm...wher is the tell part ? :clap: )

I finally worked my way out of the funk I've been in. Haven't posted anything after Glass Stock... but here are 2!

The first one is Light ivory, inkblue and transp turquoise. I LOVE this particular color combo.

The second is a wild mixture, sage (or avocado) lt. transp topaz, amber, dark brown, reduction frit stringer, black, ivory and some goldstone.

beachbeads
09-29-2004, 03:07 AM
wow, Beth, that first bead is a killer!! And Starleen, Aimme, Patricia and briatha your beads look great. Amiee, I bet that Carlsie torch you won at Glass Stock is hot compared to a hothead. Did the regulator my husband gave you work out? Just a couple of fall color beads and a D bead for a friend, the D bead is about 3/4", she wanted it for the end of a lariet. Good night to all, Sheila

Vangie
09-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Is it possible to have an all time favorite Show and Tell? Well guess what ladies??? You have all amazed me!! You guys Rock!!

Beth: Those colors are just breath-taking!
Starleen: The symmetry of your flower petals is amazing!
Aimee: I liked your beads so much, that I might just bid on your purple flowers!
Faith: Autumn Elf Rocks....takes me away to a cool Autumn night!
Patricia: Your beads are on my watch list!! Hope I can afford to get one of your sets! YOU ROCK!!
Sheila: Your beads are very soothing, and relaxing...Nice touch!

I just received a box full of Gail's and Val's frits! I am so excited. I plan to hit the torch heavy this weekend, and will post soon!!

Blessings,

nursekatie
09-29-2004, 06:48 AM
WOW Beth...those are stunning!!!

Running late...so sorry to not comment on everyone's....they are all wonderful!! I especially love to see florals!! And trish.....I love your beads!!

Some Organic tubes for me and a few stars :D

dawnann
09-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Everyone's Beads are JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :clap:

I just recieved some tutti fruiti frit from Val.. Boy this color really pops the pinks! Everyone have a Great Day! Dawn

beachbeads
09-29-2004, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=Trishki]I finally worked my way out of the funk I've been in. Haven't posted anything after Glass Stock... but here are 2!

yep, our positive fun post was definately destroyed. I also haven't posted much lately, I was very offended at the way the post went. I started the post of photo's just showing how much fun I had and Learned. It was nice to meet you and torch with all the other great artist. Every day at the torch I am using something I learned at Glass Stock, it was a wonderful learning experience!! .....Please don't comment on this in less it is "POSITIVE!" It is now good night for me! (As it is 4 am., wide awake after work.)

Foofaraw
09-29-2004, 07:42 AM
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know what a beautiful show and tell this is!!! Great job! And Patricia those have such a subtle elegance to them, absolutely stunning!

Onalee
09-29-2004, 08:01 AM
Wow, Beth, Can't figure out how you come up with all the new color combos. Just Beautiful. Sterlene your florals are great and love all the other beads,Can't remember everyones beads but you all are winners. Here is one I made last summer with purple frit. Onalee

Flamekist
09-29-2004, 08:55 AM
What a great showing this morning!

Here's a set I did about a year ago and just put on eBay last night. A very basic black, covered with silver leaf and SIS dots.

-Carl

CarlaAlexander
09-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Holy Moly guys that is almost too much. Those are totally amazing Beads. Beth that first one is to DIE for. I was playing with that brilliant pink color and then got a bunch or orders. I am finally done and cant' wait to go back to what I like to make instead of what I know will sell.

This is my last bunch of raku. The freeform was a total accident but I had fun with it once I got started since it is something I NEVER do and was my first.

Lara
09-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Very cool beads today. Beth I really like yours a lot. And Aimee, your beads are just great. I love the 2nd set. Also, you took great photos.

Today I have 2 focals. Both with a base of opal yellow, but turned out very differently.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2004/10029-OYBD3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2004/10029-OYRF1.jpg

Trishki
09-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Popped my head in this morning - great continuation of this show!!!
Oh, I just wanted to clarify that It wasn't Glass Stock in itself that left me in a funk, it just happens to me sometimes. I LOVED GS!!! Occasionally I get "bead-block." I think it happens when I somehow get "sensory overload." There is so much to try, and I end up sitting staring at the torch, or just making kiln after kiln of ugly beads.

I got home, had a lot of catching up to do after being gone for 5 days, caught a cold and my beads just turned ugly....thats what I meant with funk.

But I seem to have worked myself out of it now! :D

KellyD
09-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Beth- Those are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! I still have the two of yours I own proudly displayed in my work area!

Here are mine for the day.

jeffwelsh23462
09-29-2004, 11:30 AM
everyone's stuff looks great today... here are my items... a sea dragon, a set of clear icicles, a christmas clear wreath, and 2 dichroic pendants. :wave:

Juls
09-29-2004, 12:17 PM
What a perfectly gorgeous S&T!

Beth, yours popped out the most at me...I love your colorful organics and that Teardrop is Beautiful!! :clap:

Polychrome, gorgeous work from you, too!

A couple I have on the 'Bay~

"Fall into Christmas" is Ochre, Red, Trans Red, Trans Lt amber, and special yellow.

"Affluence" is Teal, Gold Aventurine, and Ink blue. (I LOVE this color combo in transparents!!)

Have a great Wednesday!

hugs~
~Juls

Mr.Smiley
09-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Great work every body... I've got a soft glass post today. This is the beginning of my soft glass beads. I've done some over at a friends house... but her torch is set up for this glass. I've got to learn how to make my torch calm way down. She's a boro girl and wants to blow full tilt. Anyway, I managed to keep a few on the stick... so here they are. They are a new purple I picked up and intense black with some chestnut, ivory and a few other I'm sure you'll recognize :)

Mr.Smiley
09-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Here's one more...

Lee Ann Anderson
09-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi All--Everybody's work is so great--really inspiring. It's a day off for me, so i had the luxury of going to everybody's ebay sites, and viewing all the great bead pics. HA! About 2 hours I should have been doing laundry! Aggggg!!!!! I HATE housework!
Aimee, you should have named your galaxy set something like "Fall Galaxy"--I thought the "stars" were falling leaves--I was admiring the way you got the leaves to curl like they were real leaves, floating in the wind.
Beth, I have to ask you about your beads. I have been trying to get this gently swirled, soft, partly abstract, watercolor-like effect in my florals, with many failures. You say you use 8 layers of glass. Would you POSSIBLY be willing to share any more about how you create these beads??????
If it's a secret formula, that's OK--HA! I now picture you in Dr. Frankenstein's laboratory, on top of a dark mountain with lightning flashes which you are catching with a giant antenna, to power your super-torch! :D :D :D
(Remember the old Frankenstein movies?)
Well, must go to laundry, other misery-------------Lee Ann

Elena
09-29-2004, 01:28 PM
I am always so amazed at everyones talents!
It's hunting season,so here is my contribution! Actually my DH is not a hunter and he wears Camouflage! Go figure,it is an Oregon thing!!

Rose Leslie
09-29-2004, 01:28 PM
:clap: I'm still learning about all of this. I will share some of the beads that I have done with in the past week. Hope you all like them. All of your beads are just down right georgous. :clap:

tulips
09-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Fantastic everybody, as usual!
Jeff, I really like the wreath!
Elena, would you be willing to share your cammy colors? I think those are cool!
Mr. Smiley, which purple is that? Do you know? LOL....so many new purples, so little time!

Lori Peterson
09-29-2004, 02:19 PM
First I want to say - Aimee, your florals are sooooo beautiful! Please bring some to the January Arrow Springs SGB meeting so I can fondle one in person! They are just breathtaking!

Here's more of the same from me. Although this photo does make me wanna sing 'Wee are the World' :music: :music:

Iona
09-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Beth, Beautiful beads as usual. What color blue is that on the long bicone bead, bottom row with the pink dots? It almost looks like denimn. Iona

boobiebeads
09-29-2004, 02:33 PM
BETH - holy moly, gorgeous!!
STARLEEN - I am working on florals too, I understand the GRRR
AIMEE- LOVE the organics!
BRIATHA - great lentils!
PATRICIA - 2 gorgeous sets
SHEILA - I really like the first focal
KATIE - I LOVE coral and silver together, beautiful bead
DAWN - Super yummy pink, I want to lick them!
ONALEE - Great depth to those beads
CARL - My fav combo is black and SIS
CARLA - I made the exact free form raku bead last night. I wanted to see what kind of abuse it would take.
LARA - WOW, I can't believe that is the same glass
KELLY - I am still not ready for X-mas but I think I could talk myself into wearing those cuties.
JEFF - I love your seahorses!
JULS - that teal and gold is fabulous together.
Mr. SMILEY - love that purple!!
ELANA - I have always wanted to try and camo thing, great job!
ROSE - Great color combo.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. My goodies are still in the kiln, maybe I can post some tomorrow.

boobiebeads
09-29-2004, 02:35 PM
LORI, you slipped in there. Your kidlets are the best! I hear "it's a small world after all". :wink2:

Daphne of Dilluvian
09-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah Lori, those are just adorable. They reminded me of cabbage patch dolls playing "ring around the rosie". Everyone else is amazing as usual and I don't have the patience to comment on everthing this late in the thread. Tutti Fruiti caught my eye because of the colour and Beth's middle picture for sure. Don't have anything to show because I've been on this site too much and on the torch too little. Going to go remedy that now.

Daphne

GinnyHampton
09-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Great stuff today :clap:

Lori, I didn't realize your kidlet beads were 2 separate beads, I always thought they were 1 piece. They are so cute . .. . wee are the world, LOL!!

mhartjen
09-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Great show and tell! Lori ... I love your kidlets! Daphne is right ... they do remind you of the Cabbage Patch Kids! Here are a few of mine for today ... Marna

emmytr1
09-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Beautiful beads I love this thread!! It makes my day, and night, and day after day. Here's a couple of sets I just listed. Another faux boro looking one and an etched organic. I want to see more!!!!

Mary Lou

Andie's Glass
09-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Great beads today! Lori, lovin' those "baby" beads ... they are a hoot.
I have to thank a friend of mine who turned me onto this great quilting book that has color combinations, helped me come up with these babies.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2004/12374-beads.jpg

Elena
09-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Tulips,
The colors in these beads are Vetrofond,petroleum mosaic pastel green, red rainbow striking( which i pulled into a stringer, I have had this glass turn red or brown.),trans green and nile green,which is effetre.
Have fun.
Elena

SPIglass
09-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh my goodness!! Lots, and I boy do I mean lots, of gorgeous beads today! I actually got to make a few beads early this morning before everyone was awake at my house and they're cooking in the kiln right now. Been about a week since I was able to melt glass. Felt sooooooooo good.

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Sep-2004/10616-songoffall1.jpg

MaureenKennedy
09-29-2004, 08:53 PM
My goodness - so many beautiful beads today - so many I wish I could make myself! Beth, what is that fabulous pink on the lower middle steel blue long bead? was that a frit?

Lori - what adorable kids - how do you get that yellowish pink look to their faces?

Linnea
09-29-2004, 09:29 PM
All great beads from everyone today,,, but Lori,,, I want to sing also,, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beth Myers
09-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Thank you all for your kind compliments. As I've said before I am honored to be in such talented company!
I'll do my best to give you some answers to your questions.
Onalee, coming up with new combinations is just a matter of playing for me, looking at all the colors and thinking of what reactions I might get becomes a habit. I just like to play. I do think my painting background helps out my technique and color choices.
Kelly, I can't tell you how it makes me smile to know you have my beads with you, I do the same thing with others and they mean so much to me, like having friends sit around for a visit. I'm thrilled to be at your house. :D
Lee Ann, Yep, I do use at least eight layers of glass/frits on most of my floral type beads. It is time consuming, each bead takes anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes per bead. The technique is something I've been working on for a few years, changing it, expanding it as my skill level grew and my understanding of what glass can do. It changes everyday. I have many "test beads" that never make it to the finished stages. Keep playing and you will develope your own style that will far surpass mine.
Iona, the blue on that bead is, I THINK, a teal lauscha from Glass Daddy. I'll need to check it, I pull my tags off when I start to use a rod....lol...so I'm often clueless.
Maureen, thank you, yes that pink is one of Val's frits, not sure which, I leave my frits poured out into puddles on my work bench and they blend into each other, a real mess, but I like to work that way. Some of the pink is hand pulled colors that I mix using Gaffer or Moretti and frit.
I always strike my beads, no matter what colors I'm using, this cause the color to really stand out.
Again, thanks to you all, and thank you for sharing your work. Everyday is a treat to peek in and be inspired. :clap:
Beth

Lori Peterson
09-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Lori - what adorable kids - how do you get that yellowish pink look to their faces?

This batch of kidlets got 261-soft pink, I think the batch was called- faces with 256 (old, old batch) cheeks. I save the old batch just for cheeks now.

Thanks to everyone who liked the kidlets!!! You all made my day!