PDA

View Full Version : His Star in the East, Matt:2-2

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Thought I'd post this to encourage some of you to get busy and design your Christmas cards. That time will be here before you know it!! I usually wait until at least November, but the web site got me thinking.

This painting is Acrylic on heavy watercolor paper, 8x10. The horses are ours, Bucky and Flash.

"His Star in the East, Matt. 2:2"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Sep-2004/35425-His_Star_in_the_East300x361_5.jpg

Please visit my new web site and Art-agent gallery collections. I would welcome your comments and critiques. This is pretty new to me, too.

PS. I can't get my URL to be highlighted. I did push the wrap buttons in the edit signature section.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Bertoni
09-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Marilyn:
That's a wonderful card! :clap: You talked me into it...gotta start thinking about doing a card in acrylics of course!!! :)

lensman
09-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Marilyn, you seem to have mixed up some of the coding. Try this:

http://www.artmsb.com/

Glenn

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-28-2004, 11:26 PM
[/URL] [FONT=Times New Roman]
http://www.artmsb.com/ :wave: :music:

[URL]http://www.art-agent.com/artist_info.php?userid=35425 (http://)

Glen, this is what I have. Should the third line be omitted? I don't speak HTML very well. Actually, not at all. :confused:

Thanks, for your reply.

Marilyn

swamplilli
09-28-2004, 11:34 PM
Wow, this is gorgeous! It has such a peaceful feel to it.

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Marilyn:
That's a wonderful card! :clap: You talked me into it...gotta start thinking about doing a card in acrylics of course!!! :)

Thanks, Bertoni. Let me know.
Marilyn

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-28-2004, 11:59 PM
Marilyn, you seem to have mixed up some of the coding. Try this:

http://www.artmsb.com/

Glenn
Ok, now I have it, for sure,
I had forgotten about the blue, link icon in the tool bar.
Marilyn

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Wow, this is gorgeous! It has such a peaceful feel to it.
I wrote to you and then it was lost. The server was too busy.

Thank you for your compliments.
I like your name; I had to spell it to appreciate it. I love lilies. We have a pond full of pink ones, so welcomed in the early summer.

Marilyn

mooz49
09-29-2004, 02:20 AM
Beautiful!! :clap: :clap: :clap: ............. I must find out more about card making.

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Beautiful!! :clap: :clap: :clap: ............. I must find out more about card making.
Dear Anne,
Thank you for replying, and for the compliment. I just paint the design and then take it to my lazer printman, and have them printed. I don't have the equipment to do it.

I've been making our family Christmas cards since I was in highschool. I made each one by hand. We always hand made our gifts, not only because we didn't have a lot to spend, but we felt they always ment more. I started making all the ones to friends, again, one at a time. Watercolors on textured wc paper. Everyone said they framed them. One year the number was up to 85. Mass production. I finally got smarter and started having them copied.

Thank you for giving us a little bit of Ireland. I love your pictures and writings of Ireland and yourself.

Marilyn

mooz49
09-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks Marilyn for the card info....... I am now inspired to do something like that this year .......... I hope I get the time! :wave:

ExpressiveAngie
09-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Fantastic...Original...Beautiful! :clap:

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Fantastic...Original...Beautiful! :clap:

Thank you, Angie.

I visited your site and I LOVE the painting of your girls headed out into the waves. Great job capturing the moving water!

Marilyn

Eileenjm
09-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Hi Marilyn, I do like this very much and it would make a beautiful Christmas card. Lovely work. :clap: :clap:

Eileen.

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Thank you, Eileen for taking the time to reply. I always eagerly look forward to the mail. Thanks for the comments.

I like your yellow rose, tinged with red. I used to have one just like that. Looks real to me. Keep on keeping on. The more you do, the more you'll be excited to try.

Marilyn

Eileenjm
09-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Marilyn thank you for commenting on my rose :) I am still learning. So much to do and so little time to do it, if only!!!!

Eileen

HRH Goldie
09-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi Marilynl, My daughter would love this as a Christmas card as do I.
But she has a love of horses and this is so well painted.
What is really nice also is the originality of the concept and design. Just when you thought every Christmas card had bee done. Hmmm sounds like the makings of a competition lol! :clap:

Christine

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Thank you, Christine.

I must really give credit to my husband for the Idea. I just paint and change a tree or two, here and there. This was fun to do. Sometimes my paintings are purely happenings. Please view my website for more Christmas designs. My web designer is still working on it, but you can see it anyway.

I think you have a good suggestion. A Christmas card contest, or at least a showing with that as a theme, would be good, I think. How do you conduct it?

Marilyn

HRH Goldie
09-30-2004, 11:28 AM
If you PM one of the guides they will intruct and advise or there are links to setting up project on the home page. The guides are wonderful and I'm sure they will assist any way they can. BTW I think you get a participation badge or ribbon awarded if you do one. Hope this helps I know Marty C has links on the bottom of his posts too with all sort of useful info.

Christine

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-30-2004, 02:29 PM
If you PM one of the guides they will intruct and advise or there are links to setting up project on the home page. The guides are wonderful and I'm sure they will assist any way they can. BTW I think you get a participation badge or ribbon awarded if you do one. Hope this helps I know Marty C has links on the bottom of his posts too with all sort of useful info.

Christine

Thanks, Christine. I guess it's about time I jump in deeper and get get wetter in WetCanvas. :clap:

I'll keep you informed.

Marilyn

Marty C
09-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Hi Marilyn,
Very nice painting! We have been sending our own Christmas cards for a couple of years now. We buy blank cards and then select some of my paintings and print them on to the cards using our computer and printer. It's a nice way to have personalised cards.
If you would like to start a project, go to this link, Creating a new project (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=create). It is normally accessed by going to the top blue menu bar, Content Areas, and selecting the Art Project System link.
Set up your project, it is a fairly simple process, and submit it for approval. Your acrylics guide, Einion, will have a look at it and then give it approved status. Then you are up and running with you own project.

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Hi Marilyn,
Very nice painting! We have been sending our own Christmas cards for a couple of years now. We buy blank cards and then select some of my paintings and print them on to the cards using our computer and printer. It's a nice way to have personalised cards.
If you would like to start a project, go to this link, Creating a new project (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=create). It is normally accessed by going to the top blue menu bar, Content Areas, and selecting the Art Project System link.
Set up your project, it is a fairly simple process, and submit it for approval. Your acrylics guide, Einion, will have a look at it and then give it approved status. Then you are up and running with you own project.

Marty, Thank you for your quick replies, and always good help. Whenever I can become "qualified" to vote, you will surely deserve some from me.
Yes, any of your paintings would make beautiful cards. Do you sell them as such?

Marilyln

HRH Goldie
10-01-2004, 06:47 AM
Thank you Marty for putting the information so elequently. I knew you would have the answers. I knew vaguely about it but couldn't have given precise directions. :clap:

Christine

Marilyn Speck Ballard
10-01-2004, 08:10 AM
Thank you Marty for putting the information so elequently. I knew you would have the answers. I knew vaguely about it but couldn't have given precise directions. :clap:

Christine

Thank you also, Christine. I found the site with the information and now I need to spend some time absorbing it.

I'm trying to find out the mechanics of it: How to monitor, respond, and how to provide the most encouragement and inspiration in the best interest of all who enter or view.

All media and all levels of proficiency are welcomed. I'm not sure it shoud be a contest. I'm also wondering how the group can be displayed, or if it will be in a running thread. I suppose no limit to entries, (we're not mailing USPS,) and the dead line should be sometime before Christmas. I have lots to learn. Any ideas and help are appreciated.

Sometimes I can spend quite a bit of time here, and some days I can't. We're leaving for a family reunion this weekend. Will get right on this, Monday, Lord willing.

Thanks,
Marilyn