PDA

View Full Version : Advice/Critique/Show&Tell 9-28-04

amayita
09-28-2004, 08:39 AM
:wave: HI!! Not to take away from the other show and tell, but I wanted to put other issues for me into the works here.

Ok guys here is what I did last night. Personally I think my lelephant is the cutest darn thing in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. But that will pass with some other bead I make! :D Now what my thing is and I hope you guys will give me honest answers. Would you guys buy this lelephant set? I want to put it up on ebay but I dont have the customer base to sell things at the prices I want which I think $45 would be fair. $1 for each black spacer, $2 for each encased print, $10 for the lele, and $5 for all the crystal and silver. But I know that if I start it at that price it wont get touched. And thats not including the whole ebay fees and paypal fees too! I know ebay is fickle but still and all. I have stuff up now that nobody is touching! Well I got a .99 bid! LOL No matter what, I cant seem to get enough ebay info. :evil: I will conquer ebay! LOL

Oh lol, and just so you dont think I am a REALLY bad speller...when I was a little girl, I never called them elephants, they were always Lelephants. I love that word and it has always stayed with me! LOL What are you favorite kid words???

Mr.Smiley
09-28-2004, 08:59 AM
If people don't bid that up over $50 they are crazy!!! It's really cute! List at what you need to get for it and just keep trying. Ebay will eventually provide what you need. Just keep your chin up. :D

JoyceMI
09-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Adorable set. Your Lelephant is CUTE! I also love how you made a couple beads in gray, encased and they look like little feet. Very nice set.

I know eBay if fickle so, I would list it for the lowest amount you are willing to take for it. If it is $45 then start it at that. But, I don't think you need to worry, that should go for much more than $50 I would think. It is definately worth more than that.

littlecrow1
09-28-2004, 09:27 AM
I wouldnt start that any lower than $45! Use several diff pictures...people love different views of your beads...maybe one with all the beads laying on their sides loose...one strung..different backgrounds....use your imagination

Definatley worth it and that elephant is the cutest!! :)

amayita
09-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Deb I am so glad you mentioned other pictures! I FORGOT TO POST THE BEST ONE OF THE LELE! I gave him a tail! Its too cute! Also you can see how I double backed his ears so that they are a solid piece of the bead and the chance of them being snapped off should be minimal. Sharon Peters taught me that little goodie.

I really appreciate the honesty guys! I hope to hear more from other wc'rs. That way I get a whole spectrum of advice! HUGS TO ALL! :cat:

CarlaAlexander
09-28-2004, 09:41 AM
I would say $1 for plain spacers is fine, but those cased animal prints I charge $5 a piece for. The set is SO cute and I agree. I think it is going to do really well for you on Ebay.

JavaGirlBT
09-28-2004, 10:33 AM
I would pay 45 for the lelephant alone! He is sooooo cuuuuuute!!!

Lizardglass
09-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Amaya , leave it to you to distract me from getting ready for class. Honestly , I don't think you captured the lelephants personality I think you should try again . AND SEND THIS ONE TOO ME NOW so you aren't embarassed HEE HEE :evil: totally kidding. You know I am the president of the Amaya fan club . I think if you put it on ebay I think you'll make a name for yourself really quickly , you know what would help her sell , Name her Liz the Lelephant I think it's a weiner , Oh I mean I winner.
Luv ya,
LIZ

amayita
09-28-2004, 05:30 PM
LOLOL Liz you are such a hoot! I luv ya to pieces!!!!! But you know I am gonna call it that! I will post it on ebay as Liz the Lele! TOO DARN CUTE! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

amayita
09-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Ooops and Ellen.... SOLD! Just make the check out to...... :evil:
LOLOL!!!!!

collectiblesbyrose
09-28-2004, 10:13 PM
I absolutely adore your lelephant!!! :clap: I also love your beads!!! BUT...they don't seem to go together! I see the lelephant as whimsical, fun, adorable, cute. I see the beads as (can't spell the one word that would describe them) classy, smart, dressy. I think you should make some cute, fun beads with perhaps a few blue dots or stringer (match the eyes), some cones or different shapes other than just round, and use opaque colors. That would look great with the little guy. Not so much as to over power him, but just something fun. Sell the other beads separately without the 2 grey beads. Or, just make some more of the grey beads to go with the lelephant, that would look good too! I don't like the fancy metal spacers with him, I love them with the beads though. The little guy is worth every bit of $45. for sure. I just think the beads detract from him. What a cute back-end picture!!!

amayita
09-28-2004, 11:02 PM
Thanks Rose! I just wish I saw your post before I put it up on ebay! :(
Oh well...if he doesnt sell I will do just that take her apart from the other beads and make more fun beads. I am always afraid to make fun beads. I dont know why. I am quirkey that way! HUGS!!!

Shawn T.
09-29-2004, 12:20 AM
I absolutely adore your lelephant!!! :clap: I also love your beads!!! BUT...they don't seem to go together! I see the lelephant as whimsical, fun, adorable, cute. I see the beads as (can't spell the one word that would describe them) classy, smart, dressy. I think you should make some cute, fun beads with perhaps a few blue dots or stringer (match the eyes), some cones or different shapes other than just round, and use opaque colors. That would look great with the little guy. Not so much as to over power him, but just something fun. Sell the other beads separately without the 2 grey beads. Or, just make some more of the grey beads to go with the lelephant, that would look good too! I don't like the fancy metal spacers with him, I love them with the beads though. The little guy is worth every bit of $45. for sure. I just think the beads detract from him. What a cute back-end picture!!!

I agree with Rose on this one. If it doesn't sell, break up the set. Keep the encased gray beads, and yes, I saw they looked like little feet right away. Make a few more to go with it. Think, pendant Liz the Lele, encased beads for a bracelet, and small gray spacers for earrings. Then the buyer will have enough beads to make a matching set.
Just a though, since I have been working on my finished jewelry all week. When I made the beads in the last few months, that is was I was keeping in mind when I made sets.

BTW I love the lele, I think he is great! I would say the whole set is worth 75.00 and up.
Good luck and I'll be watching. :D

Shawn

Starleens Studio
09-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Oh Amaya, I would pay the 45 bucks for that rich looking encased floral! Wow you did a nice job on that. The lelephant is cute, but I am in love with the floral. If your thinking of re working the set? Some cute lelephant feet print beads or peanuts beads would be neat to see.

Starleen

CharleneN
09-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Wow...those beads are worth way more than you think! That elephant is worth more than the $45 himself....he is so adorable!

amayita
09-29-2004, 07:49 AM
WOW! I need to sell my beads to you all! :evil: LOL! I could never sell my beads that much! Of course the only outlet I have for my beads is ebay and the few small shows I do. Unless my mom steals them from me first! See now I was thinking $25 for the floral, and thats after I took it apart and added a ss bail to it. Ok forget ebay, I need to get lessons on pricing my stuff! LOL. I really appreciate all the comments. I have only been lampworking 13 months and its still all a fog to me on getting my name out there, so that I can actually earn money and pay off all the classes and tools, and materials, and.........LOL!

Vangie
09-29-2004, 10:55 AM
CONGRATS AMAYA!! I see you got your first bid of the lelephant! You go girl!! I just wanted to share with you my favorite childhood word (or not word...lol) I use to say "Decemberary". :eek: :eek: I guess my brain was (was??? lol) malfunctioning, because I tried to combine December and February....hehehe...

Blessings,

amayita
09-29-2004, 11:11 AM
OMG!!!! I am totally PSYCHED! I got a bid! And I wanna know who LabyrinthBeads is!! LOL Its another lampworker that bought them! That makes me happy! Cause when I have done my few shows this year, I made sure I bought other lampworkers beads! I have a collection! :D I am soooooooo doing the happy dance right now! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you guys SO MUCH!

LOL Well depending on where you live January can be very COLD! I would want to rush my months along too! LOL

I want to bring attention to the "Pay it forward" thread in the lobby. I think its absolutely AWESOME that we all take care of eachother! This thread is total proof of it! I have offered to pay it forward, and in return someone payed it forward to me with the bid! Thanks guys!

amayita
09-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Scrolling back I see that Labyrinth is Ellen or JavaGirl! YOU ARE THE SWEETEST BESTEST PERSON EVER! :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you for the support!

*I had to edit this post and the one before cause I cant spell worth DIDDLY SQUAT and I misspelled Labyrinth. Sorry Ellen!

JavaGirlBT
09-29-2004, 12:50 PM
You thought I was kidding when I said I'd pay 45 for just the lelephant. :) I hope I win. I hope I win. But I hope the price goes up for you too! Oh, I'm so conflicted. lol

amayita
09-29-2004, 03:48 PM
I DID think you were kidding! LOL, I hope you win too!!!! See its so nice to kind of know who is getting my lele! I know she will be in a good home!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: