PDA

View Full Version : Can't think of a Title - any suggestions?

mooz49
09-28-2004, 08:34 AM
I wanted to paint last night but didn't want to do anything too difficult and I didn't want to do anything with buildings or straight lines. :D So I saw a picture by Toulouse-Lautrec and thought I would try it. I penciled in the lady's shape and as I wanted to keep it simple I did not do any of the surrounding items in Toulouse-Lautrec's painting but I painted it in Paynes Grey. Then I painted the lady and I am really pleased with the result especially as I did not spend a long time at it.
What do you think?
By the way I could not think of a title but would like to hear any suggestions. :wave:

ExpressiveAngie
09-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Hi ya Mooz - love the new painting -- mad it didnt take you longer :p - lol

I am sorry I dont have a suggestion for a name, need more coffee I reacon.

Lady Carol
09-28-2004, 09:59 AM
This is really good.
The figure is well drawn. I love the brushstrokes in the background.

mooz49
09-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Thank you so much Pastel Mama and Lady Carol. :wave: :wave:

Charlie's Mum
09-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Said the model to the painter, "Light the b****y fire, I'm blue with cold!"

PS - like the painting! :)

mooz49
09-28-2004, 11:42 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Great Title Maureen! :D

lensman
09-28-2004, 12:05 PM
"I haven't a thing to wear" !!

Nice. I keep meaning to do something like this as an underpainting then use washes of colour on top. I'm afraid it would end up looking like a hand-coloured black and white photo though. Anyone have experience doing this?

Glenn

tremblad
09-28-2004, 12:17 PM
I really like this drawing.

How about "Left alone" or "Don't leave so fast!"

HRH Goldie
09-28-2004, 12:18 PM
a lovely rendition and I'm surprised you can't think of a title. By the time you've painted such an image I would have thought that you would be well caught up in the feeling of it.
It depends wether or not you want a jokey, quirky title or a serious one.
" Contemplation"
"In reflective mood"
"In her own company"

or

"I've got nothing to wear!"
"These tights (hose) have gone and laddered again!"
"I really must do some laundry!"

:clap: Keep up the good work and let us all know what the title will be. :wave:

Christine

mooz49
09-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Lensman, Tremblad and HRH Goldie .......... thanks for your great suggestions.They have got me thinking and I have a title in mind but I will wait and see if anyone else comes up with a better suggestion. I want it to be a serious one in the end.

HRH Goldie
09-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Ah yes but is there a prize??? :D

Christine

wspe
09-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Grey Lady

HRH Goldie
09-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Ohhhh - Grey lady always reminds me of ghosts!!!! :(
Where I used to live was supposed to have one that walked the village.

Christine

mooz49
09-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Wspe - thanks for the Grey Lady suggestion ......... and she is painted in Paynes Grey after all ...............

Christine - sorry no prize but then surely it would be a big enough prize for one of you lucky artists if I were to use your suggestion as a title ......... would it not??? :D

mooz49
09-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Christine - are you looking for a prize because it is your birthday tomorrow??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :wave:

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-28-2004, 11:49 PM
I wanted to paint last night but didn't want to do anything too difficult and I didn't want to do anything with buildings or straight lines. :D So I saw a picture by Toulouse-Lautrec and thought I would try it. I penciled in the lady's shape and as I wanted to keep it simple I did not do any of the surrounding items in Toulouse-Lautrec's painting but I painted it in Paynes Grey. Then I painted the lady and I am really pleased with the result especially as I did not spend a long time at it.
What do you think?
By the way I could not think of a title but would like to hear any suggestions. :wave:

"Don't use all the hot water!!"

Marilyn

colours_man
09-29-2004, 08:11 AM
How about Lady Grey.

:)
Nick
I like your picture

Lady Carol
09-29-2004, 08:55 AM
"I haven't a thing to wear" !!

Nice. I keep meaning to do something like this as an underpainting then use washes of colour on top. I'm afraid it would end up looking like a hand-coloured black and white photo though. Anyone have experience doing this?

Glenn

Glenn underpaintings are not that hard at all. All you have to do is set the tonal range with the base colour. I usually use burnt umber as it give a warm tone. And then glaze colours over top.

lensman
09-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Glenn underpaintings are not that hard at all. All you have to do is set the tonal range with the base colour. I usually use burnt umber as it give a warm tone. And then glaze colours over top.

Thanks, Carol. I presume you would thin with water for the glaze? (sorry this is off topic from original post mooz49)

Glenn

mooz49
09-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks, Carol. I presume you would thin with water for the glaze? (sorry this is off topic from original post mooz49)

Lensman - That's fine as I am learning too. Unfortunately I have not got a clue as to what you are talking about but I will listen and hopefully learn! :o

HRH Goldie
09-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Thank you so much Moos for the best wishes - Please join me in the WDE this weekend and everyone can cyperpaint together. :D

Christine

mooz49
09-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Christine - I might just do that as I have not taken part in one for a long time.
I hope you are having a lovely birthday. :wave:

HRH Goldie
09-29-2004, 06:21 PM
Well it has certainly been different that is for sure!
I swear one day I should write a book - I might be better at that than painting lol. Only trouble is I forget half of what I think would make great fodder. C'est la vie.

Christine

Yokovich
09-30-2004, 12:00 AM
parisian solitude

Marilyn Speck Ballard
09-30-2004, 08:02 AM
parisian solitude

Celestia, that's the best yet. :clap:
Marilyn

Eileenjm
09-30-2004, 08:06 AM
Hi Mooz, sorry can't help with a title but I think your painting is lovely. :clap: :clap:

Eileen

mooz49
09-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Thanks to all of you for the great suggestions and comments ....... they were all great! and so are you :clap: :clap: :clap:
I have decided to call it "Pensive" mainly bacause I was showing it to an artist friend of mine and we were trying to think of a name and we both came out with that name at the same time ....... weird or what!! :confused:

piper2
09-30-2004, 09:03 AM
That's so funny! I have a "Grey Lady" too! I think it's a good name for yours too. I attached my gray lady. Maybe it's the same girl.

mooz49
09-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Piper2 ............ maybe it is the same girl ............ I took the easy way out and painted her from behind .......... not too good at faces! :crying: :wave:

gini/art
10-01-2004, 09:20 AM
Great painting!!! How about "Solitude" Gin :clap: