PDA

View Full Version : In Rememberance of Woven Dreams

~Memory~
09-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Hi everyone, I've been on an extended absence from posting, so here's what I've been up to while I've been gone. I figured I'd cross-post it here because I work strictly with acrylics.

I have been intrigued by the art and geometry (or lack thereof in some cases) behind quilts as of late, and since I cannot sew my way out of a burlap sack, I paint it. It's a merging of my personal style with the influence of a traditional craft.

Sadly, the metallics and pearlescent paints in the piece didn't come out in the pic, (some colors are lighter, and others are darker,) and the colors are more vibrant IRL, but this pic is a close representation...

Thanks for having a look, and any comments or critiques are welcome.

Title: In Rememberance of Woven Dreams
Medium: Fluid Acrylics (Matte, Pearlescent, and Metallic)
Ground: Stretched Canvas
Size: 28 x 20"

jlloren
09-28-2004, 05:04 AM
I'm really no expert at acrylics but I like your composition and combination of colors. Really beautiful!

Cheers,
Joel

~Memory~
09-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Thank you Joel.
I'm not an expert in acrylics either, but I'm learning something new about them with every painting I create.
Thank you for your kind words. :D
~Kell~

Charlie's Mum
09-28-2004, 04:46 PM
It's very smooooooooth! You seem to have a nice finish on this.
I like this work and its ref to traditional fabric crafts.
Painstaking rendering of the fabrics and interesting arrangements for the hair!
The blue 'rays' seem a little flat, but that's probably because your pearls and irridescents don't photograph well - not to worry, it's still an unusual painting! :D

Bertoni
09-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Your sewing with acrylics, brush and paint has a truly unique look!
Wonderful color and composition to boot!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :)

~Memory~
10-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Thanks Charlie's Mum & Bertoni! :D

Sorry it took me so long to reply back to this thread, I've been painting like a madwoman and haven't had the time to break away long enough to come back and thank you for your comments.

I've got two more pieces done in this quilting series and as soon as I get some decent pics of them, I'll post them back up here for everyone to take a look at. :D

Thanks again. :D

Many blessings to you and yours. :D