PDA

View Full Version : two children's illustrations

philwms
09-27-2004, 08:53 PM
Children's illustrations, done using Photoshop.

http://www.eyewoo.com/eza.styles/nap_peek.jpg

http://www.eyewoo.com/eza.styles/close_tall.jpg

Axl
09-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Heh I love that lion!

Just curious, but do you create and use some of your own brushes when you work in photoshop?

philwms
09-29-2004, 04:37 PM
I mostly use the default grainte brush in various configurations.

Sketch22
09-30-2004, 08:52 AM
These are awesome!!!

I am in awe, very creative, fun and I love the technique!!!! Keep up the Great work!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ursus17
10-10-2004, 09:06 AM
I am sure I will just get laughed away and will be unable to return due to asking such a basic question - BUT - I would love to try making some art in Photoshop and don't even know where to start. Your art is super - I just love it! I'd love to try something like this myself but all I can do in photoshop is crop and save and change the size of the file. I didn't know it was possible to do this kind of thing in photoshop. (See, told you this was a very basic question.)

I did a search in the forums, searching on "photoshop" and too many things came up. Where can I look to get some good beginner instruction? Is there a sticky or a thread you all remember that would be helpful for me to read?

See how inspirational your art is? I am now determined to figure out photoshop so I can do cool stuff like what you've done.

I'm also reading the handy stuff to know stickies. There is tons of good info there and I will probably find parts of what I'm looking for there.

philwms
10-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Ursus17... I have some tutorials on my website that demo some of the ways I use Photoshop. You can see them here (http://www.eyewoo.com/display.ezb.php?via=wcUrsus&mnElm=18&which=1&direc=ezb.tutorials&listFi=ezb.tutorials).

Mostly it is just a matter of jumping in and trying things out... experimenting. With digital, there is really no cost to do the experimenting... no buying paints or paper... If you have the setup, the only cost is time, so spend it having fun experimenting.

If you do not have a digital drawing tablet, I strongly recommend getting one. When drawing with the mouse, there is a lot of physical inertia that has to be overcome, simply because of the size and weight of the mouse. That restriction is removed when using a drawing tablet and pen.

:)

Ursus17
10-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks so much for the link to your tutorials. I will try them out and see how I do.

A digital drawing tablet sounds like great fun! I will check into those - perhaps a fun present for Christmas from my husband.

I really enjoyed the art on your website, by the way.

Tangerine Dragon
10-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Those are awesome! ^_^ Beautiful work! :clap:

coolray
10-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Phil,

Those are wonderful illustrations! Very cute and I love the loose style and the softness of the drawings. You do a fine job of working in Photoshop.

I love seeing your work.

Terry