PDA

View Full Version : Dichro Fever - Braclet Samples

KTO
09-27-2004, 07:50 PM
I've been hanging out with Glassfreak (Deb Crowley) and we have the "Dichro Fever" Deb has a class in a few weeks at Mari Johnsons shop and the other day she says to me "wanna help me make some Dicro bracelet samples for my class?" Who could resist that?

I've been having so much fun that I thought I wold post some pictures to share with you. Dichro, Dichro, Dichro, I see it in my sleep now. They should start a program for Dichro addicts.

Pic #1: My first pile of braclet parts
Pic #2: What fun to open the kiln and see it loaded with dichro
Pic #3: Deb's first pile of Dichro (thats only the first day of loot..we have more in the kiln now)

KTO
09-27-2004, 07:53 PM
more dichro fever photos

KTO
09-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Still more dicro fever pictures

MariJohnson
09-27-2004, 08:21 PM
I'm so geeked about this class!!!!

Can't wait to do it!

Mari

Alan Cross
09-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Those are great but what are you putting in to make the holes?
Alan :)

KTO
09-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Hi Alan,

Most of the holes were made with thin strips of fiber paper but we have been experiementing with some other methods. It's hard to see in the photo but most of the pieces have two holes, one at the top and one at the bottom, this way the can be strung into a cuff style bracelet. I'll post more pics later today of the next set of stuff..kiln is still a bit to hot to open it.

AMR GlassWorks
09-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Kati those are gorgeous!! Ya'll done good!! Hi Mari and Deb! :wave: Miss ya'll!!

Alan Cross
09-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi Alan,

Most of the holes were made with thin strips of fiber paper but we have been experiementing with some other methods. It's hard to see in the photo but most of the pieces have two holes, one at the top and one at the bottom, this way the can be strung into a cuff style bracelet. I'll post more pics later today of the next set of stuff..kiln is still a bit to hot to open it.
Is that the fiber board or thinfire? I tried to roll the thin fire but couldn't seem to get it to roll small.

MariJohnson
09-30-2004, 05:36 AM
:) Hi Bac katcha Anne!

Wish you could come for the workshop...

The excitement builds...

The classes are filling, and would you believe Keith is taking the class on Saturday?

And Brooke, our dearheart wireworking teacher and resident jewelry designer is going to take it on Friday, along with my 71 year old aunt Lola... she's a trip, so much fun!

I bought the dichro for the projects yesterday and had SO much fun picking out the glass... quarter and half sheets of patterns to die for and I even found that purple in the slotted bracelet. Looking at a half sheet of that stuff was orgasmic. LOL!

What would the world be without glass, I ask ya?

Mari :D

beaderpaine
09-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Is there, or will there be, a website where these bracelets (or ones like them) are available for sale? I would really love a great dichro bracelet (in the great peacock jewel tones like in one of the samples you showed!), but most of the ones I see are too small for my wrist!

Thanks! Have fun with that class!

KTO
09-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Ann - Thanks!! We miss you and wish you were here to play with us :wave: :wave:

Mari - Damn...I want to come for the class to but alas I must go back to CA and see my family and friend before they think I fell off the face of the earth. I will miss hanging out with you but I know you will have a blast. :wave: :envy: :wave:

Alan - it's neither fiberboard nor thinfire it is fiber paper. You may be looking at a picture that has one of the experimental methods. We are still experimenting with different methods to make the holes and a few of those I'm not ready to give up yet. Hope you understand. Keep experimenting and see what you get. Yes, I know I'm a tease. :D

beaderpaine - no website yet...most of Deb's pieces will be going with her for examples in the class. Mine will be for sale eventually. I will keep you in mind and let you know when they are available. I too have large wrists and will be making some of them into larger sizes.

Well, we still have the Dichro fever..It's been a week now and we have no intention of stopping anytime soon. I love Dichro, Dichro, Dichro. I seem to have lost a few of the kiln pictures I took so today’s picture is actually from day 3.

Alan Cross
09-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks Kat of couse I understand :evil:

beachbeads
09-30-2004, 06:06 PM
I saw these yesterday and the photo's do not do them justice, I kept looking and fondling them, they are each masterpieces. The colors are striking and well combined, and the cutting and the design of cutting the glass very artistic and perfect. Those 2 are masters of glass and I am blessed to have met them, GO GIRLS! Sheila

KTO
09-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Alan - Thank You! I hope you keep experiementing. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sheila - You found it...I guess I don't have to PM you now. You are such a sweetie. I blessed to know you too!!!

PamTwist
09-30-2004, 09:04 PM
beaderpaine - no website yet...most of Deb's pieces will be going with her for examples in the class. Mine will be for sale eventually. I will keep you in mind and let you know when they are available. I too have large wrists and will be making some of them into larger sizes.

Kati & Deb,

Wow! Thoes pieces rock. I love the triangles (as if you hadn't guessed :rolleyes: ) Hope you make one in a spindly little size too :D I can't wait to see them, oh, and you too of course! You'll have to go to my eBay listings to see the latest pictures. I actually got stuff up for once :clap: Miss you bunches :( .

Pam

Pam's eBay Auctions (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=pamchuck&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50)

KristiB
09-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Dool, THUD! :clap: :clap:

You guys ROCK...

......must......get.....more.....dichro.....!!! :D

Wish I was going to be there to take the class.. looks way cool.

Hi Mari :wave: Hi Pam :wave: Hi Deb and Kati :wave: :wave: Hi Anne :wave:

Hi to whoever else I missed :wave:

Kristi

beachbeads
10-01-2004, 06:38 AM
Pam, those humming birds rock! I wish I had taken that class.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4929993545&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

MariJohnson
10-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Dool, THUD! :clap: :clap:

You guys ROCK...

......must......get.....more.....dichro.....!!! :D

Wish I was going to be there to take the class.. looks way cool.

Hi Mari :wave: Hi Pam :wave: Hi Deb and Kati :wave: :wave: Hi Anne :wave:

Hi to whoever else I missed :wave:

Kristi
Hi Kristi!

Can't wait to see you next weekend.. we're going to have a blast and Adam said he'd sleep on the couch, so you won't have to. I have Brooke working on things in downtown Chicago to take ya to. One thing is Millenium Park... that will be so cool, we haven't even seen it yet! OK, gotta go, its after 8 p.m. and time to kick it!

Hugs,

mj

KTO
10-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Check it out!! Kristi came to save us from the Dichro fever and look what we did to her...she has the Dichro haze in her eyes. She's holding 2 lbs of dichro scrap in her hands and a full dichro sheet in her lap. Now she has the fever too!! We're off to load the kiln now....

KTO
10-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Just wanted to let you know that two of Debs braclets made it to Ebay. :clap: :clap:
beaderpaine - one is in the green tones you liked.
She now has two classes scheduled to teach these braclets, one at Mari Johnsons and the other in Detroit. You go Girl.
beaderpaine - one is in the green tones you liked.
Dichro Braclets on Ebay (http://search.ebay.com/dcrowley_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8)

KristiB
10-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Thanks Kati for posting such a flattering picture of me :rolleyes: .

Yep... I've got it... MUST.....get,.......more......Dichro!!!

or as my 9 year old daughter calls herself.."dichro woman...see me sparkle".

Kristi

beachbeads
10-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Kristi, how do I get to your auctions?

KristiB
10-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Sheila,

:evil: :evil:

beachbeads
10-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Sheila,

:evil: :evil:
you are evil!!! Come on, I want to bid on brokawbeads!!!I loved the ones I saw last weekend. I am lucky enough to be blessed with some of these dichro beads. Here is my bracelet and a necklace I made to wear with bracelet. I used stretch magic thread for the bracelet and blue crystals. It is beautiful to wear. The dicho are amazing!!! Thanks Deb! Sheila

CosmicGW
10-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Wow - those are great. You have motivated me to cut up some glass and get busy!

Becky