PDA

View Full Version : Sunset at Cap-Pele

tremblad
09-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Will I find the courage to post? I take a big breath and here it is.

This is my second post here. Maybe my tenth attempt with painting. I am still in the early stages of my learning process. Lot to learn (when I read you all).

Your comments are welcomed!

Bertoni
09-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Your attempts are obviously paying off! Keep on painting and posting here! The more you paint, the more you'll see your work will improve! :)

joa
09-27-2004, 02:55 PM
The sky is beautiful! :clap:

Jo

Lady Carol
09-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Now that wasn't so bad was it?

Lovely painting. It is very tranquil.

Charlie's Mum
09-27-2004, 05:48 PM
This does have a good feel about it. Quite serene!
Please post more of your work - and keep looking at others, it's a good way to learn. :)

HRH Goldie
09-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Well done on your second post. :clap:
Don't be afraid to enter a dialogue on threads. It's especially useful when you discuss your own work and you can ask questions on techniques and hints in direct relation to the piece you're working on. There are some eminent artists take part in these forums so don't be afraid to pick their brains - I do lol :D

Christine

ExpressiveAngie
09-28-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi :wave:
Good start, nice painting, keep on doing what you are doing....

jbitzel
09-28-2004, 11:03 AM
Nice sky, very perceptive to see all those colors in the sky. :clap:

mooz49
09-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Great reflection on the water ....... well done! :clap: :clap: :clap:

lensman
09-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Yep, not bad. I would like to have seen some of the flat colours broken up with texture or more colours, though.

Question: What is that light, circular patch to the upper left of the sun? If this was painted using a photo as reference you may have copied the camera lens glare which would be a bit of a no-no... on the other hand it could just be a light area that doesn't show up too well in this photo.

Glenn

tremblad
09-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Thank you all for your kind encouragements!

Lensman, that "patch" was not in the reference pic. At first, I was tempting to respond that it was a reflection on a cloud but that doesn't really make sense, the light would not have reflected like this. It is a beginner mistake I guess!

Thank you for your remark. ...