PDA

View Full Version : Monday 9/27 Show and Shout!!

nursekatie
09-27-2004, 05:35 AM
I was excited to post to the show and tell this morning....but alas....no Monday show and tell......so I started it!!! woohooo....haven't done that in a while!! Ok...............the latest

Playing around with Iris Orange of course. Also some Iris Gold. Fun stuff

My favorite though is the first swirled bicone.........using silver of course :D

And a tulip for good measure :D

Emily NZ
09-27-2004, 06:00 AM
Hi Katie, I too love your bicone!
Here is something I am starting to work on. It is a native New Zealand flower called a Kowhai and I have it flowering in the garden right now.
Boro paperweight style.
Emily

kimv
09-27-2004, 06:40 AM
Good morning,
Katie, I agree with Emily. Love your bicone! Some day I'll be able to shape them as nicely as yours. Mine always end up with one end a little fatter than the other.
Emily, I love that pendant!! Gorgeous!!!!
I don't usually post in the show and tell, just drool a lot when I look at all the fabulous offerings. But I had some that I am happy with and just had to share. Best thing I did this summer was take Kate Fowle-Meleney's class! These are handpainted using enamels and Amy's new two hole lentil press with Val's new Winter Blues frit on the hanging beads. The black, red and white set is regular lentils.
Kim V

kctori
09-27-2004, 06:55 AM
good morning! - Armed, coffee in hand, I'm ready to face this morning. Katie - lovely bicone - so well balanced! What about a raku-jitterbug tulip?

Emily, I'm always amazed when people can capture somethign that is 'real' in glass... very nice! Unusual blooms also!?

Kate is teaching painting with enamels? how neat is that? How very nice - sort of a dutch tile look... see? anything is possible. I've also been lured in with the two hole focal from Amy.

I received my 1"x1" two hole last week and went to town...

kctori
09-27-2004, 07:27 AM
see what happens when you hit the back button - then refresh? sorry... :(

GinaJ
09-27-2004, 07:35 AM
Katie, I think they are ALL awesome!
Emily, that is beautiful... the pendant and the flower
Kim, gorgeous painted enamels, those are so unique
Jill, that bead is terrific!
Here's mine, black and white............

redfoot
09-27-2004, 07:39 AM
Once again some amazing beads Makes a beader just want to melt some glass

The raku glaze I tried yesterday did not work :( Ran a lot (to much flux) and came out a dark,ugle, gray( to many oxides) Real orange skin texture and like a little fire work display :) I'll try somemore and vary the formulas :wave:

CorvetteJuliet
09-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Sorry I'm rushing out the door so won't have time today to comment on everyone's beautiful beads. I'll try to sneak in later. :wink2:

Here's what I spent most of Sunday making... SPIDERS!
The first picture is a few beads like a beadset I made for eBay last week. Then I got to thinking about what kind of beads to trade at BeadFest coming up in a few weeks. I loved the spider web (and they're a BLAST to make too!) But didn't want to have 2 beads, because you can't have the web without the spider. So I came up with photo 2. Of course my daughter asked where the spider body was!?!?? So that lead to design and picture three. :) Cute little buggers ain't they? Well, then I figured I want about 100 beads to trade at beadfest.... so the last picture is the first 70 beads! Yikes! I still have a LOT of bead poop to clean out.... :cat: but that's a project for tonight.

jeffwelsh23462
09-27-2004, 09:28 AM
GOOD MONDAY MORNIN'!!! HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT WEEKEND... here are my entries for today's show n tell.. all sea dragons!!!! :clap:

quill
09-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Great show & tell. I just love it when everyone starts experimenting!
Mine are simple but I like the effect-

Briatha
09-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Katie mouthwatering eye candy!

Emily stunning paperweight!

Kim V that is a drop dead gorgeous 2-holed pendant and the black/red/white are marvelous! I hope you will continue to show and tell so we can drool over yours.

Jill ravishing 2-holed pillow! Is that some of the Lausha Cocoa?

Gina glorious black & white set!

Juliet kewl spidey beads!

Jeff spectacular sea dragon pendants!

Quill very elegant looking lentils!

kybeadmaker
09-27-2004, 10:26 AM
WOW WOW WOW! you all take my breath away!! I love the painting on the beads...and I am getting the two hole focal bug too, Jill...although I have resisted temptation so far...pretty soon my work surface will be covered with nothing but molds !! I got my Glass Daddy purple last week. It is such a beautiful color !! Has more pink to it than the ink blue. It's just yummy !

creativespirit
09-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Good Morning. Here are some more lentils.

Peace
Wendy :p

Laurie L
09-27-2004, 10:41 AM
undefined WOW..........WOW..........WOW !!
Everyones beads look awsome !! Great job to everyone. :clap: :clap:

McDuck
09-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Hello Everyone! It is not often enough that i get over her to look much less post. Such beautiful beadies already. I have to say those sea dragons are wonderful! I really really like them!

From me, not a bead but made with glass. A gecko, ceramic, decorated with a glass frit pattern. I will do more next time, down the legsw, on the feet. This one was alot of fun!

-Mary

Lara
09-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Today I have my first Raku beads. Size 0 on black and lentilized.

Lara

lepoppet
09-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Is it Christmas yet?

Patricia'sglass
09-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Beautiful, beautiful beads today! :clap: I love the sea dragons. The australian flower is so wonderful.

Quill, do tell how you made those. Did the silver break when you molded the glass? How did you keep it from burning off when you did the chill marks?

I actually have a couple beads to show!! I've been making jewelry so not much flaming here.

amayita
09-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Great stuff guys! I really LOVE the sea horseys! I am going to have to buy one! They are too cute!

Well here is what I got. My second raku set. LOL As soon as we got power back last night I went and ran to the torch! I was jonesing! LOL Have a great day all!

DebbieSue
09-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Lovely work today by everyone. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I've been fooling around with florals....

Debbie

quill
09-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Quill, do tell how you made those. Did the silver break when you molded the glass? How did you keep it from burning off when you did the chill marks?
I actually added the silver after I made the lentil & removed the chill marks.

Patricia'sglass
09-27-2004, 11:34 AM
That's amazing that it broke up like that. I think I see. You burnished it and melted it a little. Very skillful light touch. :clap:

double S
09-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Beautiful work all :clap: but the gecko is my favortite.
I haven't posted in awhile so excuse the thread hogging. :D
Opal Sampler-- unannealed opalanios
Tye-Dyed--copper green, ivory, handmixed stringer
Oscelot Spots-- rootbeer, amber, straw, twistie
Overexposed-- what happens when you leave the set in the etching solution for 1 1/2 hours
African Violets-- dk ivory, teal, some purples, and a handmixed stringer I can't remember what I used and I love the look :eek: they are the two beads on either side of the center bead.
Lisa

BioImage
09-27-2004, 12:18 PM
These are my beads from the class I did recently with Leah Fairbanks in Ireland. I was waiting for the last one to arrive on Saturday before posting. The psycho-sunflower on the bottom right is also a hollow bead - something I don't do very often. I had a lof of fun working with the surface decoration, another technique that I haven't taken much advantage of until now.

Robert

Norma623
09-27-2004, 12:38 PM
WOW - such variety - such experimentation! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I've been busy practicing on some boro (none to show yet!). But here's an EBAY bead of mine that ends today. Almost hope it doesn't sell! Silver purple with a dichro core, then silver foil and frit, then a little silvered ivory twisted in for some more texture. The second one is lavendar base, dichro, frit and clear.

Beth Myers
09-27-2004, 01:38 PM
These are my beads from the class I did recently with Leah Fairbanks in Ireland. I was waiting for the last one to arrive on Saturday before posting. The psycho-sunflower on the bottom right is also a hollow bead - something I don't do very often. I had a lof of fun working with the surface decoration, another technique that I haven't taken much advantage of until now.

Robert

Robert!
Great work!!! :clap:
Glad you posted them.
Beth

koregon
09-27-2004, 02:22 PM
wow you guys...thanks for the wonderful eye candy....we are having a summer relapse here...so I HAVE to go out and enjoy some of the sunshine...
no raku today...Waikiki instead

have a great day everyone!

ritabead
09-27-2004, 03:11 PM
A litle tabular flower. Light sky blue with sky blue frit (Val's) and flowers with three different hand pulled canes.

Amozoo
09-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Totally beautiful beads today ya'll Here's my latest group,

suechrist
09-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Everybody's work is just gorgeous today, very much to my taste. Lara, I love the raku mosaic. I saw them on ebay last night and couldn't believe it. Are you on a hot head? The sea horses are lovable and lickable. Harriett, I got my Glassdaddy purple last week too. I love what you've done with it. I haven't posted in ages. I made these lentils with my new lentil CBS (help, I can't stop making lentils). I used blue Gaffer Glass from Val and the new creamy Winter Blue frit, also from Val. Val, without you the world would be so so so. . . colorless. Thank you.

CharleneN
09-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Wow...beautiful beads as always!

Robert, I am sooooo jealous. You went to Ireland AND took a class with Leah Fairbanks! Great beads btw!

Here's a bumpy bead from me in blues with rubino.

beachbeads
09-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Great show today, the Oregon coast is hot and sunny so my post is short so I can take the old dog to the beach! I am trying to teach myself boro, here are some beads from my second time on my new Carlise torch and boro. I have decided I am in love with Northstar Boro, but it is hard to photo. And some new tools my honey made me and a necklace I made for a co-worker . The set of beads on necklace were made on my minor with transparent glass topped with a combination of raku, iris gold and silver blue frit. They are strung with sterling bead caps, carnelian and amethyst beads. Good day to all, Sheila

Foofaraw
09-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Everything is fabulous today! And umm Sue, were we on the same wave length or what!?!?!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Sep-2004/19877-River-Bend.jpg

NitroGal78
09-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Beautiful beads! I love the necklace. So what cha do with them tools? They are very interesting.
Lisa

Great show today, the Oregon coast is hot and sunny so my post is short so I can take the old dog to the beach! I am trying to teach myself boro, here are some beads from my second time on my new Carlise torch and boro. I have decided I am in love with Northstar Boro, but it is hard to photo. And some new tools my honey made me and a necklace I made for a co-worker . The set of beads on necklace were made on my minor with transparent glass topped with a combination of raku, iris gold and silver blue frit. They are strung with sterling bead caps, carnelian and amethyst beads. Good day to all, Sheila

beachbeads
09-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Beautiful beads! I love the necklace. So what cha do with them tools? They are very interesting.
Lisa
Lisa, Thanks for compliments. The brass paddles have 6 different ends for shaping beads and texturing, and they are also a brass pad to roll glass on, which really helps to get reactions with frits. I also have a copper paddle he made that I love, I get really cool glass reactions from it. These padddles are great, he made them with a thick handle which I really love, much easier on the hands and wrist. And in the back is a double frit trough, which he is marketing now. Sheila

Lara
09-27-2004, 10:54 PM
. Lara, I love the raku mosaic. I saw them on ebay last night and couldn't believe it. Are you on a hot head?

Thanks Sue. Yes, I'm on a HH. I too like the colors, but am still aiming for the purples.

Lara

suechrist
09-27-2004, 11:36 PM
I like the way it looks now. Maybe a Hot Head can't get hot enough to bring out the purples. The advantage is that the Hot Head is cool enough to bring out the colors you have. I can't do that on a minor. I would still be on a HH if I could stand the noise.

koregon
09-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Jenn and Sue...that is amazing that you guys made the same set/same shape...for a second I thought Jenn was showing Sue's pix...amazing...
whats on the menu for tomorrow girls???