PDA

View Full Version : Wear its At - Monday 27 Sept

Jacinthe
09-27-2004, 04:06 AM
Good morning WIA people!

Just popped in to say HI!

Mary - How was your show?

Hope everyone had a wonderful productive weekend!

hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Oskadis
09-27-2004, 07:00 AM
Hiyas Sarah! :wave: and all who follow

Caught a cold ... my nose is so terribly full. Oh well. This weekend was kinda productive - although I did not finish all the projects I had prepared.

Good news is, that I finally have the money for the gig :D One headpiece sold at the price they should always sell on Ebay :cool:

beclectic
09-27-2004, 08:09 AM
Hiyas Sarah! :wave: and all who follow

Caught a cold ... my nose is so terribly full. Oh well. This weekend was kinda productive - although I did not finish all the projects I had prepared.

Good news is, that I finally have the money for the gig :D One headpiece sold at the price they should always sell on Ebay :cool:

Morin' Sarah, Karen and all who folllow,

Sarah, :::cracks wipe in Sarah's direction::: back to work on those beads. :D

Karen I'm so glad your stuff is starting to bring a good price on ebay. :clap: Maybe this is the beginning of a trend. Sorry you have a cold. Seems like 1/2 the people on the threads I read have a cold.

My weekend was very productive and fun. I still haven't cleaned up my work area and it is driving me a little crazy so I'm going to have to make time to do it.

Monica, my DD, did not cough once when she got up this moring. Either the allergen that set the asthma like symptoms off has lessened or she is not still reacting to it as strongly. After staying home with me on Friday she didn't want to go to childcare this morning. I know just how she feels, I didn't want to come to work either. :D

Have a fun and productive day,

LLane
09-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Hi Sarah, Karen and Barb...... Karen hope the cold gets better and Barb... hope the allergy boogies stay away. Sarah..... how's that biggie order coming?

Big weekend here.... I accepted the offer on the house on Friday night.. and then did the paperwork on Sat. AM. I was not thrilled, because the offer included us closing and giving possesion sooner than I wanted. That means I have to figure out some interim housing..... and it's all going to be during a time that Mark in traveling...... he will be in Europe for about 3 weeks starting a couple of days before I have to give possesion of the house!!! :eek: Life is going to get a little strange..... and dread of dread.... I'll have no torch or computer??? How can one live? sigh.......... ongoing saga..... to be continued I'm sure! :D

Hope you all have a great day.... I really need to stay off here (start weening myself) and get stuff done !!! Take care my buddies!
Peace,
Lois

Jacinthe
09-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Slowly but surely I did 3 styles last night, giving me a total of 50 beads. ;-) giving me 11 styles completed... only 20 more styles to go *smirk*

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

DonnaBee
09-27-2004, 09:15 AM
:wave: Mornin Sarah, Karen, Barbara and Lois.

Happy Day to all who follow.... :wave:

toozygoot
09-27-2004, 09:37 AM
A quick Good Morning greeting to all! I've been procrastinating lately. Have to get it in gear. We leave for FL Thursday morning! Why do I wait til the last minute to get things done!

Karen - Congrats on the sale!

Lois - Things will work out, they always do!

Sarah - you have been a very busy bee!

Barbara - Glad your daughter is doing better!

:wave: Donna!

Oh! Mary! I hear you are keeping a secret?!?!?! I know you do that very well! :D Libby told us you were!

Have a great Monday!

pat

McDuck
09-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Morning Afternoon and Evening! I am back. I had a great friday, finished many thigns I needed to inSt Louis and bestest of all i got to see our Libster!! :clap: She is the best!!! The show was another bomb. I am just amazed at the place chosen for the venue and area. I had hoped more people would have come, but the people who know beads and have$$$ dont go to that area of town. It also doesnt help that there are SOOOOOOOOOO many bead shows out there now. Go figure. So I will be more picky aobut shows I atend and how long they have been running.

I am beat. some stupid teenage child pulled the fire alarm at 330am on sunday morning. Dont they know they can give someone a heart attack if they have a week heart? THey were so lucky noone was injured from their prank.

As for me, lots to do today and such little time to do it in as usual.

And Pat, I have a secret?? :confused: :confused: Oh gee, I better try to remember what it is :wink2:

bbl,
Mary

MadameKali
09-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Good morning, all!

Well, I'm embarking on my first day of a public transportation patron. I actually feel strangely liberated since my car burned up, in ways that would take volumes to explain here--suffice to say I am doing ok ;) I feel like I'm getting some serious messages from the universe, though.

Hopefully I'll have my net back in three days or so. Sheesh! Something that is supposed to be easy is *never* easy for me, lol.

I hope you folks are having a great day!

Andee
09-27-2004, 11:02 AM
Hi everybody!

Karen - bummer about your cold, I swear you didn't catch it from me! ;) Get well soon!! But woohoo for your sale! :)

Barbara - good to hear that Monica's symptoms are better, I hope it'll stay like this! :)

Lois - argh, I dunno now if I should congratulate you on the sale of your house or not... It sure sounds like it's going to be a difficult time for you!

Donna - thanks for posting your pics yesterday! :)

Mary - welcome back!

Susie - somebody set fire to your car? That sucks! :eek:

Sarah and Pat and everybody else - just :wave:

My cold is getting better and better, so I went out today and found loads of yummy pearls (and spent loads of money :D )...

Have a nice day, y'all!

TheBlueBetween
09-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Good morning everyone :)

Lois - I'm so happy your house is sold! I hope finding arrangments in the mean time is easy and it all goes smoothly.

Andee, I'm glad you are feeling better. Looking forward to more pearl jewelry from you!

Karen, too bad Andee passed her cold on to you. Hope you feel better soon.

Sarah, I missed why you are making so many beads and why it sounds like a chore or a challenge... hope it's all good!

Everyone else, hello and happy day :)

Pam

Oh I missed some of you - Susie - your car burned up? You know, I often feel that way about things always being hard when they should be easy. If it's any consolation, challenges are supposed to help us grow faster. But it would be nice to have a week or a month where things just flowed smoothly, wouldn't it?

Mary, I hope you can take a nap - what a pain. I was woken up about that time when a wet kid was trying to crawl into my bed. Which meant changing PJs and sheets on two beds. I don't know what is going on in my house but we've had 6 incidents in a week - 3 from Luke and 3 from one of my dogs. It's never this bad. I've had the couch pulled apart and the beds pulled apart and the floors mopped - I'm really very sick of it all.

Sorry if I've missed more of you...

toozygoot
09-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Andee - glad you're feeling better! Shopping for pearls must help a lot too!

:wave: Pam!

Mary - Check out today's morning thread in the glass lobby. Maybe that will refresh your memory! It does have me very curious!

Nancy - Don't know if you even have the time to check in with all that you must be doing to prepare for the Big Event. But I am sure things are going well. Hugs to you!

pat

Gingerbiscuit
09-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone!

Just a quick hello from me today. :wave: I am having a down phase with my ms at the moment, which means I am very tired. Thank goodness I have WC! for company! :)

McDuck
09-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I forgot to mention,

Sarah get to work! you have beads to make girl!

Karen, now you are sick? something must be floating about germany. Get well soon!

Barbara, glad to hear the baby is better. Hope she stays that way!

Lois - we are going to miss you in Barries class, but glad you sold the house and sorry they are in such a hurry to move you out! you can set your torch up here and use it anytime you like ;)

Hi Donna, please keep us updated on how Zach is doing.

Pat, Pat, Pat, you above anyone else knows I can keep a secret!! Poor Sarah will just have to wait. :evil:

Susie, isnt funny when there is a good public transporation system how you dont need a car to get around? good luck with it!

Andee the Queen of Pearls! glad to hear you are doing better.

Pam, how is Luke? and have you found anymore time for your torch yet??? I hear about the wet beds floors couches. Hmm, has his schedule been altered much with your MUM there? I did that as a kid and it usualy had to do with being excited too much. then a wet bed in the morning. :( Is he having just a grand time?

Lynne yousnuck in on me, :wave: Hello!!
-mary

TheBlueBetween
09-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Pam, how is Luke? and have you found anymore time for your torch yet???

-mary

Hi Mary, Luke is great. Pink eye all gone and he started school last week. There is a not so great picture of his first day of school on my site: http://www.bluebetween.com/news.htm I just wish he'd stop peeing in his sleep. If any of you mom's have any advice on that one - I'd LOVE to hear it. He's totally potty trained when awake.

No torch time for me. Or jewelry making. Or anything. It's been a wacky week here - lots of emotional stuff. My mom is in town. Remember I like to go to that chakra lady and get my energy balanced? Well I sent my mom - it was for her birthday. I thought it would make her feel good. And set up her visit to be a happy fun one. Ever since there has been this humoungous emotional backlash - like the work opened the flood gates. It's been a very hard thing for her to deal with and I'm caught in the flood. It's been absolutely no fun. And not happy.

And then I found out in a not very nice way that my best girlfriend is not eloping after all but is having a private family only wedding and I'm not invited. Even though we've been "sisters" for 15 years. And she never offered an explaination or an "I wish you could be there, but...". Was just told it's a secret. And was told I was only being told because it was too hard for someone else to keep it a secret. Not because she wanted me to know.

Sorry, I'm dumping... I must go find a rock to crawl under now.

toozygoot
09-27-2004, 12:03 PM
Pam - I guess I'd feel like crawling under a rock too! Hugs to you! But I have to say that is a very cute pic of Luke! As far as the bedwetting goes, I went thru that with my son long before they had all the devices and meds they do now. It was a case of waiting until his bladder matured. Not to discourage you but I think he was about 8 years old. Check with your pediatrition or many an online site like WebMD. We never made a big deal of it. My DGS also had the same problem until he was about 5. Funny but I never hear of little girls going thru that.

Susie - I always enjoyed using public transit where it was available. Trains, buses, subways. It is freeing, isn't it?!?!!

pat

Beads-Me!
09-27-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm here Pat - but just for a second.... Have a safe trip back to FL! Pam - I know how you feel about your friend. My only brother and his wife had my sister and all of his wife's siblings in their wedding but not me.... :( 15 years later it still hurts. Who knows why people do what they do sometimes.... Hugs to you hon! Waving at all the rest of you! :wave: Duckie -see you soon! Hopefully we'll have a good show!! (Keeping fingers and toes crossed...)

I'm off to make beads. Have a good day my friends!

beclectic
09-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Hi Mary, Luke is great. Pink eye all gone and he started school last week. There is a not so great picture of his first day of school on my site: http://www.bluebetween.com/news.htm I just wish he'd stop peeing in his sleep. If any of you mom's have any advice on that one - I'd LOVE to hear it. He's totally potty trained when awake.

No magic but no softdrinks after noon. No liquids for 2 hours before bed if possible. Put him back in pullups if necessary until things level out. Make sure he doesn't have a bladder infection. I know little boys don't usually get them but it is important to elimanate any physical cause.

No torch time for me. Or jewelry making. Or anything. It's been a wacky week here - lots of emotional stuff. My mom is in town. Remember I like to go to that chakra lady and get my energy balanced? Well I sent my mom - it was for her birthday. I thought it would make her feel good. And set up her visit to be a happy fun one. Ever since there has been this humoungous emotional backlash - like the work opened the flood gates. It's been a very hard thing for her to deal with and I'm caught in the flood. It's been absolutely no fun. And not happy. <snip>

Call the chakra lady and tell her what is going on with your mom. Ask her if this is something she has dealt with before and see if she has any suggestions.

DonnaBee
09-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Pam, giant hugs! Yes, call the chakra lady and tell her of the effects. Tell us how things continue! I understand about these things, I have been having polarity work and lymphatic massage and energy work, and yes it can bring things up! It's no walk in the park....

Quick Zach update, anyone who was going to be holding him in your thoughts on this Wednesday for the tonsillectomy... never mind! It's all postponed a couple weeks for now. He needs a full work-up at hematology before they will clear him for surgery. (1 - his lymphocytes are high and they need to rule out a few nasty things, which I really believe they will, and 2 - he has a mild bleeding disorder and they are being extra thorough, which is good. They will probably just prescribe Amicar.) I will post again in a few weeks to tell you when they acutally are doing the tonsillectomy!

I am kind of glad, this wasn't the best week for me to be doing this surgery business anyway!

Barrie
09-27-2004, 03:07 PM
A weary wave to all of you! Donna, does this mean you're coming to see me after all? (fingers crossed!). Pam, I agree with everyone, call the chakra lady and ask for suggestions. But also, maybe this is baggage your mom needs to deal with for her own personal growth. Yes, it might be very difficult for you both , and probably hurts a whole lot too, but maybe it needs to be dealt with. I know my Mom would be a whole lot happier now if she'd dealt with her 'baggage' years ago. Now, it's too late, and there's not much she can do about it (nor would she if she could, quirky woman that she is). And as for the friend who's getting married without you, I know that hurts and my heart feels for you. But you rest assured you can vent on us anytime! Big hugs!! Hey, if I ever get married, you can come to my wedding! (not much consolation, but better than nothing! just remember we've been together for 21 years and haven't gotten hitched, not much hope of it ever happening! Sure would like to wear the dress one day though! LOL!)
Mary, big hugs, too bad about the show, and don't you hate teenagers sometimes?!
Everyone else, big waves and hugs and everything else! Wish I had time to quote you all!
I didn't sleep well last night, too many things to do, not enough time, and I keep getting side-tracked. This whole thing about my Mom has my muddled. Can't seem to keep focused on any one thing for very long. Good thing I'm not a brain surgeon! Bead show is plugging along, but I'm hitting the frantic panic stage! What was I thinking!!! And my custom work is piling up - can't seem to get much done! YEESH! I'm a mess today! LOL! Must be Monday!
I'm going to get off this computer, hug one of my cats and see if I can get some work done! You guys have a great day, hope the sun is shining in your world!

McDuck
09-27-2004, 03:15 PM

No torch time for me. Or jewelry making. Or anything. It's been a wacky week here - lots of emotional stuff. My mom is in town. Remember I like to go to that chakra lady and get my energy balanced? Well I sent my mom - it was for her birthday. I thought it would make her feel good. And set up her visit to be a happy fun one. Ever since there has been this humoungous emotional backlash - like the work opened the flood gates. It's been a very hard thing for her to deal with and I'm caught in the flood. It's been absolutely no fun. And not happy.

And then I found out in a not very nice way that my best girlfriend is not eloping after all but is having a private family only wedding and I'm not invited. Even though we've been "sisters" for 15 years. And she never offered an explaination or an "I wish you could be there, but...". Was just told it's a secret. And was told I was only being told because it was too hard for someone else to keep it a secret. Not because she wanted me to know.

Sorry, I'm dumping... I must go find a rock to crawl under now.

Pam- I am so sorry to hear about yoru Mom. Somethings we do to help other just seem to cause us more harm, even when it is only a good thing. Maybe the chakra lady can help you out soon. As for your bestfriendsister. I also do not understnad or can begin to understand why you would not be invited. I would also be so hurt...what kind of a friend is she that she can't tell you anything? Since i have been ROLLED over by friends in the past year in a big way, i have become a bit hardened towards people who say they just cant confront you, they arent real friends then. Hog wash! What an excuse. Big *huggles* for you...maybe she is not the "sister" you thought she was.

-mary

Ignuss-Fatuus
09-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Im glad your order is coming right along...whip crack
question is are you goin to hate these jobs so much when your done you wont take another? I really dont like custom work much :-s been kinda uh screwed too many times i guess...I did post some stuff in the showntell in wearable arts today but i think i killed the thread lol.
Slowly but surely I did 3 styles last night, giving me a total of 50 beads. ;-) giving me 11 styles completed... only 20 more styles to go *smirk*

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Jacinthe
09-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Pam - To get you up to speed on my huge amount of beads. When my glass suppliers were at a Glass Art Fair, they took my beads and showed this lady who does workshops in making your own jewelry. She loved them and wanted to see more and wondered if I'd be willing to supply her with beads to sell to the people who come and take the workshop. I accepted, thinking oh she'll choose from what I've got and then I'll never hear from her again. Well thats not what happened, she saw my beads and decided she loved 31 different styles that I had already made. And then proceeded to decide that of the smaller styles she wanted 10 of them and of the bigger styles 5. So a minimum of 200 beads I have to 'remake'. Which is the chore and the challenge of the whole thing. The chore of having to remake something that just flowed and got made. And the challenge to see if I can do it again, not only once, but 5 to 10 times. :)

Thanks everyone for keeping me on track. I have so many beads to make right now I sometimes get so overwhelmed. Stars for the Chinese Auction Side Game, Stars and other beads for a couple of trades, and this order. I hope that everyone who is supposed to be getting stars can be patient and wait til I get this order done.

It just seems to take so much longerto make anything during the week than in the weekend. I guess cause I don't feel like I have to be in bed by midnight or 1am to get up at 7am with the kids. *must remember - one day they will do that all on their own!*

Big hugs from Holland,
Sarah