PDA

View Full Version : Baja North - collage

gsb
10-26-2001, 07:43 PM
(My first post in this forum - hope it's the right place)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2001/baja-ss-1.jpg

This was made from from objects and images collected from a favorite place.
Scanned : fishbones. shell, miniature cow skull;
Video captures: sunset/landscape., pelican, church.
(Planet & moon invented.)
Collaged in Photoshop.

Georgia

reynolds
10-26-2001, 08:01 PM
i really enjoyed this work a lot. i have always enjoyed bones and actually have a cow skull in my studio/office. i like the colors, light and combination of objects. if it is not to personal, where is the place? the planet is almost like a magnifying glass to the sky. great work!!!

gsb
10-26-2001, 09:08 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2001/baja-map.jpg

Thank you! The "place" is actually the (very wild) seacoast and the mountains of Baja California in the area circled.
The church is nearly on the beach in a tiny fishing village called Santa Rosalilita.
A very rough road goes for 20 miles along the beach - between Guerrero Negro and Sta. Rosalilita - allowing strange and wonderful beachcombing.

I keep a cowskull in my studio too.

Georgia

reynolds
10-26-2001, 10:11 PM
thanks for the thorough reply, i love baja and have spent a little time there. i hope to do more of that now that my kids are getting older. i highly recommend strategically placing a mr. and mrs. potatoe head under the skull. it adds so much to my altar area above my work counter. i also have a plush buddha and many other odds and ends scavenged at thrift stores for an eventual office as i am a learning therapist with a passion for sand play therapy. thanks again, i look forward to more of your work and its nice to know that there are a few of us "skull" people around.

colorme
10-28-2001, 07:51 PM
the sky looks great

reynolds
11-04-2001, 12:59 AM
hey for more responses you could try the digital art area or the critique general forum. it is a great piece that deserves more viewing than it has gotten thus far. i hope to see more soon.

Leaflin
11-08-2001, 07:55 PM
This is great!!! :)
I love the colours and all the wonderful objects to explore.
I'm glad you put it in the Alternative/Mixed Media Art Project.
It is a great addition :)
Hope to see more!

gsb
11-08-2001, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the encouragement - I.ll try both. gsb