PDA

View Full Version : Need a critique please

gini/art
09-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi all, this painting I have been working on for a while. Everytime I think its complete, I think...naw! let me know what y'all think. Thank you

Gini

ps, if you don't recieve the image, please let me know, I am learning how to upload my images, and I may need more practice. thanks again :wave:

Charlie's Mum
09-26-2004, 12:20 PM
No image gini........
Are you using the Image uploader or the Manage Attachments?
If you'd like help, please PM me and I'll be pleased to assist! :D

Bertoni
09-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Gini: Success - the uploader worked this time!!!
I like the style of the painting...it reminds me of the poster art of the '20s and '30s! :)

Charlie's Mum
09-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Glad to see the uploading worked Gini - well done - easy eh?
NIce 1920s feel to this poster-like painting.
What size is it....canvas/paper/board? It helps for the rest of us to know! :D

Lady Carol
09-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Yes!!!! Very Art Deco

gini/art
09-26-2004, 06:17 PM
thank you all for your compliments. It is canvas (the first one I have done) and yes it is from a vintage travel poster, there is a series and I want to do them all. As for the size... it is 20x16,
Do you feel that it is complete. I am very good at not knowing when to stop.

Thanks again

Bertoni
09-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Gini: Since it's in the 1920s poster style...I would think of it as completed. Unless there was something you feel should be added. I used to collect early advertising items and it looks really good to me... :clap: :)

joa
09-27-2004, 02:53 PM
I like it just as it is!

Jo

HRH Goldie
09-27-2004, 06:25 PM
This is reminiscent of those lovely Athena posters we used to see loads of in the seventies. I remember I had the four seasons on my bedroom walls. All beautiful ladies and all very arty - I concur that this is like the 20's revived nice work :clap:

Thanks for keep trying - it paid off in the end :wink2:

Christine

ADCook
09-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Gini -

It's finished if you feel you can't add anything to it, or take anything away, without compromising the art.

I've heard it said that paintings are usually finished when the artist thinks they're only 80% finished. It looks finished to me... not only finished - it looks great! Nice work. Go start another one!

gini/art
09-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks everyone. I really appriciate your comments. I will post some of my other work, (when I again figure out how to do it, I really need to write that down) I am off to Paris next week and I will be starting another painting when I return. Who knows, maybe it will be the art deco of Momarte... Thanks all.

Gini :wave:

Charlie's Mum
09-28-2004, 04:13 PM
I will post some of my other work, (when I again figure out how to do it, I really need to write that down)
If you didn't delete the PM, you won't need to write it down!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Enjoy Paris - and Montmartre....but you'll find the work on WC! is just as good, if not better!!!!!!! :wink2:

gini/art
09-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Maureen,

THANKS!! I forgot about the PM you sent me. (Its been a long day...) I will post my other work soon. Thanks again

Gin

gini/art
09-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Maureen,

THANKS!! I forgot about the PM you sent me. :o (Its been a long day...) I will post my other work soon. Thanks again

Gin