PDA

View Full Version : Wear its at Sunday Sept 26/04

tamjai
09-26-2004, 10:11 AM
I don't see a WIA yet so....... Good morning :wave:
hope everyone is too busy having a great weekend.
I have people coming today to see the apartment so i am a cleaning machine - i've had to put my torch away so no beads :( Although i did do my first cone 6 firing in my kiln yesterday and the beadies are great. Pics to come if i ever get my camera back... must also try to get out into the sun, nothing like a warm autumn day :D
See y'all on monday!
tam

toozygoot
09-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Tam and all who check in later!

Yes! I great New England fall day here that I plan on enjoying. The airy is sunny and crisp and it's warming up! Perfect! But I'm thinking of all those in the path of Jeanne and hoping they come thru safely and with as little damage as possible. What a horrible season they have had down south!

pat

flynfire
09-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi all! Pat, ain't that the truth. From all the years of living in Miami, I found myself stocking up on tuna at the store last week! Old habits die hard. Even here in Marfa, we are in the remnants of Ivan with flash flood warnings out. I'm starting to miss the sun...
Have a great day all!
Kit

beclectic
09-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Pat - have fun enjoying the beautiful weather, we are having a sunny cool day too. I think of these sunny Fall days as High Days for some reason, I'm not sure why.

Tam - are you selling your apartment? Good luck with the cleaning.

Kit - Those endless grey days get me down too. It is one of the reasons I don't like winter. It's odd that y'all are getting drenched but the last time I talked to my mom in New Orleans they were very dry, hadn't had rain in a month and just a sprinkle from Ivan. I think Ivan pulled all the dry air out of Texas and put it over Louisiana and pulled wet air over Texas from somewhere, maybe the Great Lakes. This has certainly been a weird weather season.

Well I finished my chrysanthemum cane beads today and I have plans for the 2 small matching hearts for earrings that I might make today. I also have to clean up my room and work area as it is getting difficult to work in there. I'm also still searching for the Satake rods for the CA gift. I'd like to mail that out tomorrow but I have to find the rods to send the gift out.

I'll be dropping in later to see how everyone is doing today, I can't stay away from WC very long. :D

Barrie
09-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Good day to everyone! Still plugging along with my custom stuff, should have pics later today or tomorrow. my cold is not as bad as it could be, so I'm not complaining! Gotta run, dh is calling. Have a great Sunday everyone!!!

Andee
09-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Hi Tam, Pat, Kit, Barbara, Barry, and everybody!

This is a quick :wave: from me - I had a sleepless night, but apart from being really tired all day long I'm feeling a lot better already. Will hang out the rest of the eve in front of the telly and try to have an early night tonight...

Barry - I'm so sorry the cold got at you in the end! Get well soon!!

Have a nice day and evening, y'all!

SuzyQ
09-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Hi Ladies, I kind of wia-ed in the s&t. (sounds kinky doesn't it :) ) I just returned from a canoe trip with my children. It was our first as a family and it was great fun. A very easy paddle and reminded me I hadn't been out in over 20 years. I flailed a bit in the beginning but except for my girlie moment when a spider fell on me I was alright, lol.

You two with colds, I hope you are both feeling better soon. Enjoy the rest of the day.

DonnaBee
09-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Tam, Pat, Kit, Barbara, Barrie, Andee, Suz :wave:

We have had impossibly beautiful weather here this month of September! Today is another one. :)

I am sitting here typing next to my open, big window, the air is still, the temperature is cool - about 75 degrees, the sky is so blue, and not one cloud. I love the trees we have right next to our windows here at this apartment.

Any WIAers who should follow:

:wave:

Bangs
09-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Hi fellow WC'ers

Just came home from "Art In The Barn" a juried show here in the NW Chicago burbs. Beautiful day, lots of inspiration, and not just of the wearable arts kind, but I'll take inspiration wherever. Of course there was some very nice jewelry, some cool glass artists, and a few fabric artists.

Now I should be making "something" but I think I'll take the fur kids out to enjoy some of this sunshine!

Shirley C.
09-26-2004, 02:51 PM
howdy, tam, pat, kit, barbara, barrie, andee, suzyq, donna, and brenda - and all who follow! gosh, i hope you folks with colds get better soon. i hate colds - i picked up some kind of crud at glass stock (it was going around), and i was miserable for the next week.

pat, i'm jealous! when i left connecticut a week ago, the leaves were just starting to turn. i was bummed about the fact that i was there for a whole month and i'd end up missing my absolute favorite time of year back there. nothing like a perfect new england fall day!

...but except for my girlie moment when a spider fell on me I was alright, lol...

bbwwaaahahaha! that reminds me of a backpacking trip i took with hubby years ago. we had just finished lunch on the trail, got all packed up and started hiking again. hubby was a bit ahead of me on the trail. i happened to look down and there on my white sock just above my boot was a spider the size of a buick. i froze. i stared. i trembled. finally i managed to yell out to hubby - luckily, he was still within hearing distance. he had to turn around and come back to "rescue" me. dang things...

today i'm going to try and finish up the necklace my cousin commissioned, then take mom out to enjoy this fabulous sunny day. it's about 75 degrees, heading toward 80, bright blue skies, light breeze, nice and dry... hmmm, a perfect day for skydiving. :D hope everyone has a great day!

MadameKali
09-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey, everybody.

I haven't had internet since I moved, and won't have it until the 30th--something else went wrong, what else is new? This morning, I found out that someone set my car on fire, so I'm without wheels. Who knows for how long? I'm beginning to think someone is trying to tell me something.

*confused, shaking her head*

I'll be back whenever I can be.

beclectic
09-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Susie, someone set your car on fire? That's horrible. I'm so sorry and I know just how you feel to have some stranger take something away that you need and probably can't replace for a while. Bummer. :mad:

Jacinthe
09-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Hi all, just popped in while taking an ice cream break from making beads. :)

Hope all is well with everyone!

Big hugs from Beadmaking Madness Holland,
Sarah

DonnaBee
09-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Here is a pic of me with the boys at the park today! I'm telling you the weather has been like heaven!

DonnaBee
09-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Here is the tree outside my apt. today. The second window from the patio, that's where I sit and type.

The park in the pic above, it's adjacent to my apt buliding, so that is basically my kid's yard!

DonnaBee
09-26-2004, 07:18 PM
This is the park. It's even bigger than I could get in this picture. It was built entirely by volunteers with donated materials "barn-raising" style over a five day period in 1992.

toozygoot
09-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Oh my gosh Donna! I want to come and play! What a fantastic park and right there for you too! And that is a great pic of you and the boys! I love it! Hugs to all of you!

Suzy - What would possess someone to set fire to your car?!??!!! Sheesh! Unbelievable!!!

Shirley - Your spider story! LOL!!!

:wave: to all!

pat

DonnaBee
09-26-2004, 10:47 PM
hoping this works.... it's for you Pat...

DonnaBee
09-26-2004, 10:48 PM
And this is for all my fellow WIAers, in good times and in bad!

hmm... they are all just sort of standing there in a huddle. Well, I spose we could do that too! Except I meant it to be a group hug one. :wink2:

DonnaBee
09-26-2004, 10:59 PM
And this is for all my fellow WIAers, in good times and in bad!

hmm... they are all just sort of standing there in a huddle. Well, I spose we could do that too! Except I meant it to be a group hug one. :wink2:

Here this is more like it.... This is we Wear It's At-ers, always ready with big hugs in good times and in bad. And even for no reason at all!