PDA

View Full Version : First ever try at an acrylic portrait

Mystfy
09-26-2004, 08:35 AM
I have only used acrylics a few times and thought I would try a portrait, to see if I can get the hang of them.

I would love to know what you think of my first ever portrait effort. The colours arent as bold as these on canvas. Tried to adjust in paintshop and this is as close as I can get to the original.
I have lots to learn still, but I really enjoyed trying this. I played a little to much in the end and overworked. Layed down the base colour to dark.
Next time I will go lighter lol

C&C very welcome and apreciated. Really would like to learn how to get better at this.

Thank you for your time and help.

L*L
Char
Xposted in portraits

JamieWG
09-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Char, it's a great first go! It sounds like you've already learned a lot about using acrylics too. Congratulations on taking on your first acrylic portrait.

Jamie

Mystfy
09-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Hi Jamie,

I must have read nearly every post on WC about how to do this. I read alot then try it. For some reason I am not one just to jump head first into something without doing research first. :eek:

I learnt a lot about the way acrylic works by doing this portrait. I would never have through to add water and do light washes unless I read all this information first.
I have also brought a lot of books via ebay to show me differant techniques, which was a waste of money now looking due to me getting all the info I needed from here and more.....

Thank you for your comments and time. I appreciate it.

Blessings
L*L
Char

HRH Goldie
09-27-2004, 06:16 AM
What a brilliant first attempt and I am sorely jealous so you get a :envy: lol and a :clap: .
You obviously have an afinity with portraiture so I look forward to seeing many more of your works in the acrylics forum.

Christine

Bertoni
09-27-2004, 08:36 AM
A great first go at an acrylic portrait!!!!
It points you in the right direction of many fine acrylic portraits to come! :clap:

Mystfy
09-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Thank you for your kind comments. I was a little shy about posting this as I didnt think it was very good.

Im eager to try this again. Just times a little tight at the moment.

Again thank you for your comments.

Blessings
L*L
Char