PDA

View Full Version : Hubby's recent acrylics on canvas

suegercag
09-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Hiya :wave:
This is my Husband's last two paintings
The first one is called "Merlins toy box"
The second "Depression" although I call it ray of hope (or prozac :D ). The latter I feel you have to make your own decision, (i.e. the glass is half empty.....)
He spends months thinking up the painting in his head before he actually starts drawing it out, and then spends day and night on it until it is finished.
I wish I had a tenth of his imagination, but then maybe not!

Charlie's Mum
09-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Some beautiful painting here - irrespective of content (it's much too late at night for me to give a reasoned appraisal!!!!!!!!).
Question tho'....why doesn't your husband post these himself........he deserves to get the kudos! :D

Bertoni
09-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Exciting looking stuff! He certainly has a great imagination and excellent handling of the acrylic medium!! :clap:

jbitzel
09-25-2004, 06:54 PM
His technique matches his style well. Kudos and raisin pie.

Richard Saylor
09-25-2004, 07:27 PM
Very interesting surrealistic-type paintings. Good grasp of color, composition, and the acrylic medium. I would like to see more of his work.

sassybird
09-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Much of my work is surreal also, so I have a great appreciation for this piece. I would like to see more of your husbands work also. Tell him to join and start posting himself:D

Marty C
09-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Hi suegercag,
These are quite exciting and very well rendered pieces. You husband has really got to join up and accept the kudos he deserves.
These would also be very well received in the Fantasy &Sci/Fi Forum (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/channels.php?s=&channel_id=41) .

chandlerjr
09-27-2004, 12:22 AM
suegercag,
I really like both but the one you call "Depression" is superb! I hang out in the Abstract Forum a lot. They would love these over there in the Abstract Forum. The Abstract folks would be begging for more! Have your husband join. The Abstract Forum is a fun group of people (not that the Acrylic folks are not).
Larry C.

suegercag
09-27-2004, 04:01 AM
Cheers everyone for your thoughts on these pictures. :D
My husband had sign in to join friday past but has had heard nothing about activating his account yet! I am putting it down to the weekend but if we hear nothing by the end of today he will do it again
The "Depression " one is my fav too, You could stare at it for ages

HRH Goldie
09-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Really nice to see your hubbys work and I can see what your inspiration was to pick up a brush :clap:
I thought you'd posted so as not to leave him out but he is obviously a master and I look forward to his future posts and input into WC.

Hope the account is activated soon :wink2:

Christine