PDA

View Full Version : First Acrylic on 16"x20" canvas panel

Bam - Steve O Rama
09-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey folks,...finished my first canvas try with cheap acrylics ( thin stuff in the bottle). I looked around here and used a reference from a post on this forum. I look forward to creating some work on my own as well. I already see a lot of problems to apply on the next one but here it is. Feedback is welcome.

Thanks,...Steven :wave: :wink2:

http://airbrushgraphix.homestead.com/first_acrylic_op_635x800.jpg

ExpressiveAngie
09-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Steven, I really like this. I think the water isnt really finished looking but otherwise I like what you have going here. :)

Godzoned
09-25-2004, 03:54 PM
You have a nice autumn and twilight feel with the sky and tree colours.

Some shaddowing will help this feel come more alive.
You are doing fantastic. Keep it up!

Practice makes perfect.
I practiced alot on photos I took and my own back yard then gave them to my friends as birthday/Christmas presents if they were good enough. (my paintings that is not my friends - my friends are always good.) :wink2:

Artguy29
09-25-2004, 04:39 PM
You're off to a great start, Steven! Some areas which need to be worked on, or kept in mind for future paintings, are more variation in the sky, form of trees, water/movement, and natural transaction through different plains. There is much more to be critiqued but I won't get into that for now. This is an excellent try at acrylics. When you start to see your paintings progress, you might want to consider getting some student-grade paints. I remember you saying that you use multi-purpose acrylics; these are not the best kind to use for "fine art" but are perfect to practice with. Just keep in mind that as you move from multi-purpose to student-grade and maybe to professional-grade, there will be some major and minor differences between them, like how they flow and cover, for example. Keep at it; I can see some future masterpieces through this one! :)

Dave

Bam - Steve O Rama
09-25-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys,...I wasn't really happy with the painting but my Mom loves it. I'm going to build a frame out of dark walnut to hold the first canvas painting. I guess that makes it very special anyway. I will try to apply your advice on the next one. I got two more practice panels to work on.

Thanks again,...Steven :wave: ;)

Bertoni
09-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Steve: I agree with Angie on the water! On the whole, it has a really exciting look! :clap: :clap:
And hey, your Mom loves it!!!

Bam - Steve O Rama
09-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Trying to figure out the upload thing.