PDA

View Full Version : WIA Saturday, September 25, 2004

Andee
09-25-2004, 06:40 AM
Good morning everyone!

The cold has reached my lungs, so right now I'm a coughing, dripping, sneezing kind of person :rolleyes: I can't wait for it to be over!! I know I should be in bed, but I can't stay away from WC, no way! :D (Are you tired yet of hearing about it? ;) )

Sarah - wow, orders for 200+ beads, congrats! :)

Karen - fingers crossed that cold won't get ya!! And that the headache went over pretty soon!

Lois - thanks, I know about echinacea, but I missed the chance for that... My fingers are crossed for your house-offer!

Pat - LOL, you prepared yourself thoroughly for that class! ;) I hope you had a great time!

Suzy - I'm in the same dilemma with all my jewelry. I just can't let it go, I want to keep it all (and usually I do :evil: ) I had a look at your auction and those orphans are lovely, I hope you'll get more bids for them!

Barbara - I hope Monica will soon feel better! Her symptoms sound really bad!!

Barrie - argh no, I hope you were able to shake the cold off before it got a grip!!

Everybody - have a nice day! :wave:

SuzyQ
09-25-2004, 06:58 AM
Good Morning! I am so EXCITED!!!. Today is the day I take my lampwork class. I dreamt about sitting in my garage making hundreds of spacers because I couldn't stop. And, I had one of those cool roly things linked in the work space thread, lol. I just kept throwing in spacers as I made them. I realize there is the whole cool off and annealing process but it was a dream. Think I'm going to have fun? :D

I promise to show you my first babies. Have a great day!

toozygoot
09-25-2004, 08:54 AM
Good Morning everybuddy!

Andee - I think I got a twinge in my chest just thinking of how you must be feeling! I hope you're taking something to help you at least feel a little better. And sleep! You must get sleep when you can and not exert yourself more than necessary! I really feel for you because when I get something like that it seems to last forever and I am miserable. So get well soon!

Suzy - I am so excited for you! Have a blast today OK?!?!!! And I will be awaiting pics of your babies!

Mary - Hugs and lots of luck this weekend! ANd give Libby a hug for me! I know you won't see this but it feels good just talking to you this way!

My class with Jennifer yesterday was the very best day a person could have! She is a great friend and the best teacher in every sense! She works to your needs and personality. I am extremely torch shy and she never made me feel uncomfortable about that. I got so much out of what we did class-wise. And to top it off, it was a perfect New England day in a place reminiscent of NOrman Rockwell. We took walks at break times and thoroughly enjoyed a great autumn day. A day of total happiness!

:) ing and :wave: to all!

pat

SuzyQ
09-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Pat, that is so good to hear. I do hope you are in CT and not FL. My heart aches for the Foridians. How unbelievable this weather has been and my, how many are being tested.

beclectic
09-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Good morning all,

Andee - I hope you start feeling better soon. Colds make a person so miserable. Monica is doing better last night and this morning. She stills pants if she gets to wild playing with daddy. They like to tickle, hide, jump out at each other and all the wild things daddy's like to do. I had to ask Roger if he could please try to stay away from the wild games this morning.

Pat - your class sounds wonderful. Do you have any pretties to show us?

SuzyQ - I'm so excited for you. There is noting like making your first glass beads. I was just so amazed that I had made something that looked pretty good.

I'm trying to finish my first batch of chrysanthemum cane beads today. I want to post them as a WIP thread when I get them finished. Pictures of them are going to be hard to take today because the sky is very overcast and I'm hoping for rain as it has been very dry this last month.

TheBlueBetween
09-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone :)

Another foggy fall morning here in the Seattle Area - hoping it clears up to blue skys like yesterday.

Not too chatty or creative so that's about it for me... Andee, I hope you feel better soon and everyone have a wonderful day - sounds like lots of bead making going on!

:) Pam

tamjai
09-25-2004, 12:44 PM
hi everybody :wave:
just got back from the farmers market - lousey sales today, i feel bad for mum who depends on that income - oh well - hopefully tomorrows market will be better for her. As for me- it is a bright and beautiful day and the largest cruise ship in the world is at Pier 21(two blocks from my apartment) so i'm gonna go down and check it out and get some ice cream!
andee - get better before you start spreading that bug around - i don't need a cold right now!!!
suzy - you will have so much fun! can't wait to see
pat - a good class does a lot more for us than just teach a technique eh? glad yours was awesome
barbara - i'd love to see a step- by- step some day, polymer clay has always been a bit of a mystery to me
pam - may your skies clear soon :D
cheers !
tam

Gingerbiscuit
09-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Hi! :wave: This is a very tired me today. Have a lovely day everyone. See you tomorrow, hopefully with more energy! :)

DonnaBee
09-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Hi everyone. Zach's pre-op blood work came back with high lymphocytes, so he probably needs a lymph node biopsy along with his tonsillectomy on Wednesday. (He has a very enlarged lymph node times several months now.)

My mom will go with me on Wednesday, and DH will stay home with our older son, to keep things on an even keel for him at home.

Aside from all this, I have been dealing with my OCD and anxiety flare which I wrote about a couple weeks ago. I have a low dose of Xanax to hold me over until I see my doctor on Monday to talk about meds.

I do not enjoy having an endless series of problems! My life wasn't always like this. I've been jumping hurdles for a few years now. Oh, wait, it's called having kids! LOL

Thanks for listening everyone, I will update about Zach when I know more, probably the end of the week. :)

Andee
09-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Suzy - have fun at your lampwork class, and don't forget to show us your firsties!

Pat - thanks! I'm happy you had such a great time at your class yesterday, but we wanna see pics!!

Barbara - a WIP about your pc beads is a great idea!

Pam - ta and :wave:

Tam - shame about those bad sales! :( Well, it's a bit from here to Nova Scotia, so you sure won't catch the bug from ME! ;)

Lynne - get some rest, those hospital appointments must have been exhausting for you! :)

Donna - my fingers are crossed for Zach's surgery!

Jacinthe
09-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Just stopped in to say hi!

I'm off to make more beads for my 200 bead order. Everyone tells me oh dont worry, don't worry... I'm like but I have to recreate things that just happened... I'm sorry I do worry about that...

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Barrie
09-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Good afternoon. I have a full blown cold now, stuffy head and all! Sigh <sniffle, sniffle>! Don't feel too bad otherwise, but still kind of fuzzy in the head. I'm being interviewed today for the Toronto Bead Society's newsletter (not sure why someone in BC would be of interest to Toronto, but what the heck!). The lady doing the interview is one of my former students who has gone on to do some amazing stuff. She teaches for Nortel in Ontario (I think I got that story right, but I could have misunderstoon). I haven't seen her in ages, so it should be fun. Other than that, doing more dreaded custom stuff, gotta find some time to play with my new Zoozii tools (7 different sizes and shapes to choose from!!!! So exciting!), then picking up the dh from the tatto shop. Hmm, gotta think of something for dinner too - blech!!
Hope everything goes well Donna, my thoughts are with you and your family. Please do let us know how Zach is doing!
Andee, take care of yourself girl! Can't have all of us sick at once!
Lynne, hope you're feeling better tomorrow!
Sarah, having had a humungous order before (try 1800 of the same things!), I speak from experience, set yourself daily goals, and stick to them. If you find it getting too tedious, make a couple of the necessary beads, then play for 15 or 20 minutes. Make a few more necessary beads, then play again. Keeps the brain from turning to jello!!!
Tam, hope tomorrow is better for your Mom, enjoy the cruise ship! I love watching those things sale in and out of harbours!! Amazing!
Pam, hope you got some of this luxurious sunshine! Beautiful day here in BC!
Barbara, those chrysanthemum beads are stunning, can't wait to see the finished product!!
Suzy, hope you're having fun at the torch!!! Remember we want to see your first babies!
Pat, you lucky gal! I dream of taking a class with Jennifer! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Let's see some pictures!!
To everyone else, :wave: , have a great day, I'm taking my sniffling self off to get ready for that interview!!

Jacinthe
09-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Sarah, having had a humungous order before (try 1800 of the same things!), I speak from experience, set yourself daily goals, and stick to them. If you find it getting too tedious, make a couple of the necessary beads, then play for 15 or 20 minutes. Make a few more necessary beads, then play again. Keeps the brain from turning to jello!!!

Thanks Barrie,

I have been doing this. I guess Im just worried, here I am making these beads and what if she decides she doesn't like them?

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

SuzyQ
09-25-2004, 09:50 PM
OMG!!! It was so much fun! I can't believe I have to wait until Monday to do it again.....

Let's see I learned how to crack a bead, that yes you can melt layers of mistakes on top of each other but it isn't pretty and I can make a round bead!

I'll take pictures in the morning to share, but first I have to go read how the get them off the mandrels, lol.