PDA

View Full Version : Calandar puppy

Noble
10-26-2001, 10:25 AM
I've only recently (within the last month) tried to do some pen work in my sketchbook. I may do my whole next book with nothing but a pen. No corrections! :D

I found it lasts much longer (i.e. doesn't smear) and prevents too much overworking in contrast to a 9B pencil and stump which I've been using. Of course pencil yields different results, but my goal is to quickly get an "essence" not to practice rendering etc.

Anyway...

NorahT
10-26-2001, 01:58 PM
The essence is there - cute puppy. I think the pen only sketch book is a good idea. I do mine in pencil, but do not erase, just draw over.

RuthT
10-26-2001, 03:56 PM
Very effective Noble.

I know you were concentrating on the essence rather that the rendering, but I do like your cross-hatching; something I haven't tried yet.

Have you thought of posting it in the October Project? I think it would fit in very well there :)

animal
11-01-2001, 09:31 AM
Awesome! I really like the lines in this one.:D :D

lraesjoy
06-14-2002, 05:07 PM
Wow ... so simple, but you've captured the innocence of this rascal.

Great work!

sassybird
06-14-2002, 05:16 PM
You have a great loose style, and the puppy comes across very strong in this technique.

FYI: If you want to do some pencil drawings in your sketch book then put a sheet of onion skin paper in between them. I sometimes even work in charcoal in my sketchbook, and using the onion skin has preserved their freshness.

Noble
06-14-2002, 07:22 PM
wow, this was an old thread! I'm surprised to see it come back to life. Thanks for the post, and as far as the smearing goes, I've found that a quick spray of final fixatif ("Tufilm") does the trick.

gnu
06-16-2002, 04:08 PM
OK Noble so where's all those sketches then if this is so old, you must have HEAPS!!!!!! Out with them:D !!!
SOOOO CUTe this puppy, boy mischief all over! :clap:

Noble
06-16-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by gnu
OK Noble so where's all those sketches then if this is so old, you must have HEAPS!!!!!! Out with them:D !!!
SOOOO CUTe this puppy, boy mischief all over! :clap:

So sorry but I don't have heaps :( This was one of only a few uploadable keepers. I have a dissapointingly low output I'm sorry to say. Thanks for the claps!