PDA

View Full Version : Illustration idea....

shadowbxre
09-25-2004, 01:11 AM
I just finished reading "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" by Philip K. Dick and got to thinking.... It would be fun to do an illustration or two of a scene direct from the book with the feel of the movie that was inspired by it, ie; Blade Runner. Or even steering away from the movie and just using one's own imagination. Reading a novel and then seeing the film that has the book as the basis for the movie, the images are quite different. This book is just one that i'm familiar with, but others would be good to illustrate as well. What do you guys think?

TedDawson
09-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me, as well as a good way to to stretch one's portfolio. Some of the best illustrators in the world are working for hollywood, doing conceptual work.

shadowbxre
09-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me, as well as a good way to to stretch one's portfolio. Some of the best illustrators in the world are working for hollywood, doing conceptual work.

Would you like to try it out? I was sitting in my truck at work yesterday and sketched one version of Rachel Rosen's character. It's just a little thing in ball point but it got me wanting to do more. I'd like to see illustrations plus a direct quote from the scene.