PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 9-25 Show and Tell

amayita
09-25-2004, 12:00 AM
Ok I am so proud of these sets I had to share! I worked on these guys yesterday 9/24 morning and annealed them in the afternoon! Then I got my first raku frit from Val and had to make two more sets in the evening. They are annealing as we speak!! LOL I cant wait to see what they came out like. I will try to post them later if you want. Anyway...these are my bead sets, the blue ones I have on ebay right now, They are the first ones to go up for my Corina Tool Fund. I dont have any of her tools and I really super want the squeeze! LOL! HUGS TO ALL!

Lizardglass
09-25-2004, 12:11 AM
Amaya , Beautiful as always! I love your use of Color . I was just telling Pam (remember us from the trumpet flower class =) ) about your fall necklace. We are both so proud of you and keep up with your progress thru wetcanvas. It doesn't hurt that you are a sweetie too. I hope that I get to actually get back in the studio soon and back to Orlando I miss you guys! Tell Mo and Lance hello from the Tallahassee crew!
Liz

amayita
09-25-2004, 12:16 AM
:cat: You hear that guys I am a sweetie! LOL MAN DO I HAVE HER FOOLED! :evil: LOL Thanks for the compliments hun! I still have your dichroic sitting on my work table. I just love it to pieces! Hurry back to Orlando! Just not this weekend. We are going to be a bit wet! LOL! Hugs to you and Pam!

Briatha
09-25-2004, 12:49 AM
Amaya scrumptious lentils!

I'm back to my lentil addiction ;) Crimson Elf Rocks and Blushing Raku Cascade

margaretz
09-25-2004, 01:06 AM
Amaya- All 4 sets are lovely... I'm especially fond of the last one (blue and black). It's quite striking!

Briatha- The first set is my fave- great color combo!

I'm really really excited... tomorrow and Sunday I'm taking a class to do all 8 projects for PMC certification... and I get to use a few lampworked components (which are ready and waiting) ... I've been having all sorts of ideas for integrating PMC3 and glass, so it will be nice to learn how to finally turn these ideas into something... but in the meantime, here's two more focals. Both Twistys, tabular, lots of fall colors...

Lee Ann Anderson
09-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Really great work everyone! Amaya, I want to see your raku beads. Don't forget to post pics!
Lee Ann Anderson

fay
09-25-2004, 02:34 AM
Hi all!

Amaya- I like your lentil sets! I like all of them!

Briatha- Awesome---my fav is the blushing raku,

Margaret--I love the colors in your first focal.

Here are some more Witchy Poos--Well, a Warlock and a Witch:

Have a super Saturday!! :wave:

Lisa Crispin
09-25-2004, 02:35 AM
My turn! :wave: Just finished this one! Chain, headpins and all. Oh, and the beads. Inspired by Corina's salmon eggs, but nowhere near as good! Need more practice. Don't have to worry about losing :evil: this one. It's mine!!!!!

At least until someone offers me the right price for it.

Absolutely drooling over everyone's work over the last couple of days. This place rocks!

Lisa C

calisto
09-25-2004, 05:44 AM
time past since Ive done the last posting - so I do a little more (of what Im a little proud)

first a lentil set, prussian blue, ivory an silver, I called them stonewashed
a little set with a color combo powerful red and dark blue frit
third opal yellow with some frit and transparent enamel
and the last - flowers in my fall garden, frit with opal yellow flowers

StefaniBeads
09-25-2004, 07:51 AM
Amaya - I love them all, but especially the striking blue and black set, wow!

Faith - I absolutely love your lentils, and these today are MINE! :evil:

Margaret - Stunning as always, your beads amaze me!

Fay - GREAT faces! I can't sculpt! I either shatter stuff or melt it too much! :envy:

Lisa - Lovely bracelet, and that one is perfect for lampwork beads, and looks so comfortably wearable. :)

calisto - Beautiful, all of them! Wow, that bottom set has lovely soft muted colors, and it's calling my name! (those are my kind of beads for sure!)

Here's some of my latest; BE neolavender with gold purple frit, Val's tutti frutti frit over Uroboros white, turquoise swirlies (again for the 100th time! :p ), and a fall color swirl: dark red, orange, and dark brown, and a lot of patience - it's about 22mm, and takes a while to make on my HH! :wink2:

Steffi
09-25-2004, 08:15 AM
Soo wonderful beads from everyone!

Here are mine: Ice flowers, fire flowers, a pendant made fom cobalt blue, rubino, sis, silver and clear and finally a bead set wirh beads from 9 other beadmakers. In my german forum, we organized a "round robin". That means, 10 beadmakers make a starting bead, send it to the next one and so on. Each one makes two matching beads and sends the set to the next one. At the end he/she gets his/her starting bead back. Together with a bunch of beadies! Puh, i hope you understood my explanation...only learned english at school and i'm 24 in November...duh...

greetings

Steffi

dreambead1
09-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Hello Everybody!
My name is Gina,and I have been "lurking" for a couple of weeks. I've learned so much from lurking, but the time has come to "come out of the closet", so to speak! I am so impressed by the talent that I have seen here. More impressive, however, is the generous spirt that you all have. I want to play your reindeer games! So, my plea...I got my grubby paws on some raku frit, thanks to a WC posting, and it just aint doin' its thang! If i've missed a thread, please point me, or give me a clue as to what i'm doing wrong. I'm mostly self-taught, with the help of Cindy and Corrina. Thank you so much!
Gina AKA Dreambead

amayita
09-25-2004, 09:12 AM
I am always so blown away by everyones beads! You guys all rock! Here is the two sets I had done last night! This is my first play with the jitterbug raku, so I think I did it right, but am not to sure. Arent I supposed to get more pinks out of it? And the second set I am not to sure about. I cant decide if I like that style of design. Oh well LOL!!

dawnann
09-25-2004, 09:46 AM
I love all the Beads EVERYONE. I posted these yesterday for photo help. Have a Great Weekend! Dawn

starlightdesigns
09-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh, wow.... what a mouthwatering S&T again today!!! Very good work, everyone!!!! VERY inspiring! I'm off to the torch! :)

creativespirit
09-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Good Morning all. here are some more lentils, now I think I'm getting the hang of it FINALLY!! LOL

Peace
Wendy :D

Beth Myers
09-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Oh, wow.... what a mouthwatering S&T again today!!! Very good work, everyone!!!! VERY inspiring! I'm off to the torch! :)

I'll second that!
And Angelika, I'm loving that Stonewashed set!!!
Beth

glassjunkie
09-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Beautiful beads everyone!! It's been a while since I posted any of my work but I've been playing around with the Raku frit and thought I'd post a couple of my fish I tried it on. The first one was Raku frit on a base of dark ivory. The second one was Raku frit on a base of pea green.

amayita
09-25-2004, 03:55 PM
knowing I had limited time on the torch today. Just incase I lost power I didnt want the beads in my kiln to crash! I only had time to make these other two sets. And I promise no more s&t from me today. :evil:

Juls
09-25-2004, 04:05 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
GORGEOUS S&T everyone!

I haven't had torch time for a couple of weeks until yesterday...and now I can hardly stay away from it. I sure missed playing with my glass!

"Indulgence" - Moretti Red brown and gold aventurine with Vetrofond Black.

Have a great weekend!
hugs~
~Juls

GinaJ
09-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Ok, everybody's beads are just GORGEOUS today!!! Amayita, keep 'em coming, you can never post too many beads!!!! And Juls, that is awesome! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jennifree
09-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Not a bad bead in the bunch! What a treat this show and tell was for me. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Suz01
09-25-2004, 11:49 PM
Well, beautiful, inspirational stuff as always folks! I am going to go now and get an hour or so on the torch - the first time for days. My mum just had a spinal fusion and I am staying with her to look after her, and my theater co just opened with Les Mis last night. I hvae had 10 hours sleep over the Last 2 days combined (please excuse the sp errors!) and another show tonight, but I have an hour or 2 to myself at home before I go back the the theatre, so its off to make more warring states beads!!

Suzanne