PDA

View Full Version : whats this called ??

maverick_xj
09-24-2004, 05:12 PM
hey people ...

i'd like to know if there's a specific name for this kinda sketching and where to find some tutorials for it ...

if u'd spare some time and take a look at this :
www.stenkat.com
go to sketches...

i'd also be pleased to know if there's someone who knows and could give some tutorials ... :)

prairie painter
09-24-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm not sure where you could classify the artwork, since it's all very different, but the website rates really high on my cool-o-meter. I didn't look at much, though, since I'm on a snail's pace dial-up :mad:

maverick_xj
09-25-2004, 03:41 AM
i'm mainly referring to the sketches of the girls ....
nice n neat ...

TedDawson
09-25-2004, 08:35 AM
This style is mostly a modernized version of a cartooning style from the 40's. It's a popular style among animators. I'd recommend contacting that artist and ask him. Here's a link to some other cartoonist of similar styles that you might check out and contact as well.

Cartoonists (http://www.shaneglines.net/links/links.html)

Also, check out this cartoonist's links for Sketches and Portfolio.

maverick_xj
09-25-2004, 01:06 PM
thanx a lot Ted
actually i've been sketchin for some time and have recently been intruiged by this style and have been spendin quite some time on it .. thus, wanted to know how it is categorised , and maybe find other people who work on similar stuff..

thanx again :)

TedDawson
09-25-2004, 01:42 PM
I haven't heard any classification of it, but it may as well be called the Bruce Timm style, as he popularized it with the original Batman animated series. In turn, Bruce Timm was heavily influenced by Max Fleischer's animated Superman shorts from the forties.

maverick_xj
09-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Yea , I've seen it being followed in a lot of comics ...
I'm checkin Bruce Timm's site (www.brucetimm.net )