PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Spiderman

sherville
10-26-2001, 04:51 AM
Hi guys,
Here is my effort for the Favourite Hero/Villain Project.
I found this pic on a site somewhere and just copied it (lazy me) but I might have a go at drawing spiderman somehow without copying...
Hmmm, I was not too happy with this pic. I was trying Watercolour Pencils to colour it and it looked terrible. So then I outlined everything with black pen. Then I went back over it all with the dry water colour pencil, and I liked the effect - nice and grainy, while not obliterating the wash. I sort of wish I didn't outline anything with the pen now though, I could have gotten the darks with the pencils which would have looked more uniform. But I don't consider it such a failure because I learnt a few techniques. Oh yeah, I did it on Medium tooth Watercolour Paper.
lol, Either I scanned it crooked or I drew Spider-man slightly levitating... I suspect it is the latter one.
Tip: It looks better if you stand really far away and squint, lol.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2001/sherville_duo_colour.jpg

Here's some of that texture I was telling you about:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2001/sherville_duo_texture.jpg

I think the pencil sketch looks better? Although Spider-man is levitating in it too. heh.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2001/sherville_duo_sketch.jpg

woopla
10-26-2001, 07:57 AM
Excellent. Very sharp. I like it!

I always loved Spiderman as a kid... probably because we are both geeks. lol. You've inspired me; I'll probably post one of my crappy spiderman pics in a moment. :)

Dave

Nathangill
10-28-2001, 12:50 AM
Spiderman, Spiderman.
Does whatever a spider can...
How come you never see 'im stuck in the toilet then?
Hehe

This is cool. Although I can't say I've read a spiderman comic in years, he looks great. And it must have been a really long time - I don't know who that other guy is!

I definitely prefer the colour one.

sherville
10-29-2001, 06:26 AM
Thanks you two.
Nathan, lol, thank you for the lovely poem about spiderman.
I've never read a comic about spiderman either. I used to watch the cartoons in the morning before school. That's also how I discovered the X-Men. Those cartoons were the greatest. I don't read comics often, but I love the art. However, I do almost have the whole Ren and Stimpy comic collection, plus 1 batman and 1 Judge dread and maybe a star trek in there somewhere...

kiwicockatoo
10-29-2001, 02:16 PM
Hey, hey Sherville!

I LIKE the effect you've gotten with the mixed media! Looks pretty good to me.

Nathangill - please don't use the word "spider" together with the word "toilet"! I'm speaking from first hand experience here!

digistyle
10-29-2001, 05:31 PM
Sherville,

Nice job of capturing the attidudes of Spidey and the clone. Good coloring job.

digistyle

woopla
10-29-2001, 05:57 PM
*grin*. First time I've heard the spiderman theme song called a poem. ;)

-Dave

sherville
10-29-2001, 11:21 PM
Thanks guys. I like the colouring too, that's the only reason I kept it :D
Woopla, I didn't realise it was the theme song?? Couldn't imagine why they'd stick a line about a toilet in there.... :D

atiera
10-30-2001, 11:04 AM
That's totally awesome sherville!!! Excellent texture! I remember Spidey from both the comics and the cartoon show :) Nice composition with him back to back with his "evil" self!

sherville
10-31-2001, 09:53 PM
Thanks, atiera. You wouldn't say it was so awesome if you saw the original I took it from... :eek:

woopla
11-01-2001, 07:54 AM
I have... and it's still awesome. :p

Dave

animal
11-01-2001, 09:19 AM
Awesome Sherville! I also like the mixed media.:angel:

sherville
11-02-2001, 12:46 AM
Thank you Animal, glad you like it.