PDA

View Full Version : S&T Friday September 24

Oskadis
09-24-2004, 06:19 AM
Hi!

Guess I get to start this thread :wave:

Only one sparklie from me this time, a fully cageworked headdress.
I call it Dark Goddess. Gunmetal plated brass, czech FP glass beads and gunmetal plated copper chain.

This one is mine :evil: I will wear it for the Nightwish gig.

Now... more pretties please!

Jacinthe
09-24-2004, 06:27 AM
Very Pretty Karen! Get pics huh?

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

PS When you coming back to visit again? :evil:

Oskadis
09-24-2004, 06:31 AM
You can bet on that :)

I will be hopping over on the 26th of December. I am planning on a longer stay, because I need to get a grip on what Netjes is doing with my jewelry.

Oh! Damns! I was so busy I forgot to tell! Netjes is selling now my jewelry :D

McDuck
09-24-2004, 08:08 AM
karen that is awsome! andthehead piece is wonderful! now who is netjes??

sarah congrats ont eh 200+ bead sale :clap:

here is my ceramic ring again for those who dont visit WIA.

See you next week!
Mary

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Sep-2004/18183-Ringfrontview1.jpg

carebear
09-24-2004, 09:15 AM
morning all...

great headdress karen...what's netjes?

mary, beautiful ring...how far does it stick up from your finger?

as for me, finished some more jewelry last night for the red hat weekend...the top one is red hearts, purple swarovski and pearls...middle is purple crackle glass, swarovski and some clear beads....and the bottom is red cubes, purple swarovski and silver twisted bugles...

i don't want to see red or purple for a long time!

wish me luck selling some of it, or next week I'll be tearing it all apart!:(

carrie

Oskadis
09-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Hi,

I like the last bracelet best :) It is simple and elegant.

Netjes is a boutique chain ;) For customers with a certain taste :P Ppl wo would just die to buy today's headdress :evil:

Guess which public it is ? :wink2:

carebear
09-24-2004, 09:34 AM
oops! forgot to mention I also did one other beacelet, a pair of earrings and 5 necklace pendants...but didn't get time to scan them!

off and runnin!

carrie

BlueBuddha
09-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Wow, Carrie, you've been busy! :) The bracelets are great, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Mary - Nice ring! Ceramics intrigue me, and I didn't ever think about making rings out of ceramics. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it (a good thing). Very cool.

Karen - Awesome headdress. Nice and gothy, just the way I like 'em. :evil:

Andee
09-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Karen - beautiful headpiece! I'm sure you're going to steal the show at that gig! ;)

Mary - as I already said in the WIA: that ring is SO cool!! :clap:

Carrie - pretty bracelets again, fingers are crossed that you'll make a good sale!

Nothing from me today, I feel utterly uncreative!

Oskadis
09-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Heheheh Andee :) I will check this evening if you didn't post anything - when you are feeling uncreative you usually just post dangerously yummy stuff :wink2:

beclectic
09-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi!

Guess I get to start this thread :wave:

Only one sparklie from me this time, a fully cageworked headdress.
I call it Dark Goddess. Gunmetal plated brass, czech FP glass beads and gunmetal plated copper chain.

This one is mine :evil: I will wear it for the Nightwish gig.

Now... more pretties please!

Karen - That is very outstanding and very dramatic. You are going to look great with that on. What color are you wearing with it, black or purple or something else? Congratulations on placing your jewelry with a botique. Hope all goes well with that. As to which public- hmmmm.... perhaps Goth? My only other guess would be Science Fiction & Fantasy Fandom.

Mary - I really like your ring. I already commented on it in the WIA thread.

Carrie - more red and purple pretties. I can understand why you are tired of that color combination. It is hard to keep coming up with new ideas, keep costs down and not even be able to vary the colors much. Hope all those Red Hat ladies buy up everything. I think the last one with the liquid silver and the red cubes is my fav. Simple and elegant.

Maybe something later from me. I'm going to try to finish sanding the beads today and then post another picture.

Andee - I agree with Karen, when you are feeling uncreative you usually only manage one beautiful piece. :)

Andee
09-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Karen and Barbara - thanks (I had to grin about that! :) ), but I'm afraid today I'm going to disappoint you! I sat at my work bench staring at my beads, putting them from the left side of the desk to the right side and back again, but no inspiration...

LadyArowana
09-24-2004, 12:45 PM
I am almost falling asleep because yikes it's already Saturday here. Loved all the show and tell yesterday and today, Mary must get the prize for productivity ! I think I have a real gekko lurking somewhere here, but they are not such pretty colours ( although they do eat bugs ), no dragonflies as far as I know. Nothing for me to show today, I was very busy with a textile group I belong to, then errands, more errands ( ok, buying clothes is not really a chore ) drinks with friends and then an evening carpet auction ! Just enough energy left to congratulate everyone on their pix. Fiona

Shirley C.
09-24-2004, 01:19 PM
karen, i love that piece! and congrats on having your jewelry in a boutique, how exciting!

mary, that's a very cool ring. sometimes i get so animated when i talk that i whack my hands on things. i'd be afraid i'd smash the ring to bits. although i have an opal ring that hubby bought for me a billion years ago, and it's still intact - so maybe a ceramic ring would survive on my finger. can't wait to see more of your rings!

carrie, best of luck on your red hat weekend! i know what you mean about not wanting to see red or purple for a long time. when i do production work (which is very rare), i get really burned out. i, too, like the last bracelet the best - very pretty.

the piece i'm working on right now is going to take quite awhile, so i have no finished jewelry to show today. but i will show you the beads that kim affleck and i made at glass stock. last year, she and i collaborated on some heart beads and we had so much fun that we did it again this year. kim made the base beads and i added all the decorative "stuff". i made the millifiore and twisted cane, and i also added fine silver dots. eventually, i'll make some jewelry with them. we made 7 hearts - kim has 3, i have these 3, and we gave one to deb crowley. kim ROCKS!

each picture shows the front and back of each bead.

first heart
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2004/10433-DarkHeart.jpg

second heart
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2004/10433-BlueHeart.jpg

third heart
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2004/10433-BigHeart.jpg

Andee
09-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Shirley - those hearts are TDF!! Absolutely stunning masterpieces!! I think my jaw hit the keyboard when I looked at them - they are THAT great!! :clap:

LadyArowana
09-25-2004, 02:00 AM
Super hearts Shirley, how fun that they were a collaboration, Fiona

TheBlueBetween
09-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Shirley, your beads are so fabulous! Earthy and sensual and beautiful!!!!

Great show and tell everyone!