PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY - Sept. 24 Show and Tell

dread
09-23-2004, 11:29 PM
I cant keep my eyes open any longer -and I desperatley want to post the only thing I've torched all week, and I will only have one thing to post this week after telling myself I would post more from now on.
Still on the Boro kick and started out making sample color beads and it turned into a necklace
Just plain clear boro base with trans boro edges disc necklace
Forgive me for being 1/2 hour early.

FrontHallGlass
09-24-2004, 12:43 AM
I am in love! That is so pretty. Like a scarf with lots of beautiful yard, but glossy and fondly, glass!

Rebekah

mtbarr
09-24-2004, 01:01 AM
What a beautiful display of color...
Just another horse...brown frit makes this guy look a little like a painted appalousa. I was pleased with the affect....

CharleneN
09-24-2004, 01:12 AM
That is one cool necklace and that horse is amazing!

I'm gonna cheat and post the same bead here that I posted at the end of the 9/23 show and tell.

Cobalt blue shading to lighter blue with raku and rubino dots. It was fun to make.

CorvetteJuliet
09-24-2004, 01:31 AM
Deborah - Fabulous! I want to touch it and feel them clinking together! :D
Kay - Oh my!!!! Your horse is sooo realistic! I love it!
Charlene - Great color combination. Very vibrant.

Here are three new bead sets. The first one, SEE the MUSIC, was the result of lots of stringer practice on my minor. (The wonky bin got filled up working on those babies). ;) The second set, WHAT was I THINKING? Well... I had a vision for a bead set, but the colors just didn't do what I thought they were going to do. But they do look pretty neat together nonetheless! The third was just some more playing around testing out a new frit from Val I bought a while back but hadn't tried yet.

Briatha
09-24-2004, 01:31 AM
Deborah your Boro sample necklace is to die for! When you get tired of it you can send it my way :wink2:

Kay he's spectacular!

Charlene gorgeous raku effect!

Some lentils and friends :)
Purple Elf Rocks, Christmas Garden and A Paparazzi's Heart.

Briatha
09-24-2004, 01:36 AM
Juliet ya snuck in on me :wave:
Awsome stringer control on See the Music! The purple and green are yummy and so are the blues!

Beth Myers
09-24-2004, 01:41 AM
These are a few from July. I am so behind getting things photographed.
These were my first experiments with the Jitterbug Raku frit. FUN!
Longest bead is two inches.
And a little, etched Halloween set.

Hope you all have a peaceful weekend.
Beth

CharleneN
09-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Juliet your stringer control is AMAZING!

Briatha I love them all but those purple elf rocks ROCK!

CharleneN
09-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Beth Those are just gorgeous. You got some unbelievable colors there!

Beth Myers
09-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Beth Those are just gorgeous. You got some unbelievable colors there!

Thank you Charlene, I've been very lucky with the colors, haven't had any problems with it so far.
I tend to work very hot.
Beth

GardenGirl1002
09-24-2004, 01:48 AM
Wow, not too far into the day and already a bunch of beauties on the S&T!
Deborah- that necklace is drop dead gorgeous! So many colors and they all just flow beautifully together! I love it.
Kay - what a wonderful horse (as always!) The frit effect came out great.
Charlene-pretty bead! I love playing with those colors as well.
Juliet-what pretties! I especially love the music set. What a great idea and I would have a lot of friends that would fight each other for that one :)
Faith-beautiful sets from you as well. I have been especially fond of your elf rocks lately - such great beads!
I can't sleep (again), so I thought I'd contribute - Here are a couple from me. Nothing special. The first is a set of tabs - ivory, topaz, goldstone and SIS. The second was a B&W set that I really had no aim going into it, but I kind of like how funky they came out.
Have a Friday! I know I'm glad to see it come :D
Beth - you snuck in on me while I was posting. WOW! Those are just stunning! I'm speechless - those long raku beads are....WOW!

margaretz
09-24-2004, 01:49 AM
What great stuff already!!!! A few quick comments:

Deborah- I really like that necklace... A simple concept with a great result!!!

Beth- Those long beads are fabulous. Fantastic shape and color. I like them all in one pic... makes me imagine them as tree-sized. Wouldn't that be fun?

It's been a long week but I got a bit of time at the torch... Matt and I had a mondo listing session today... here's a few recent ones. The first is a "Mineralogicals" series bead- silver, enamel, crushed aventurine on a black base with encased and silvered stringer. The second is a style I've been playing with... A black base with gold, frits, and a bunch of clear. Have a great night!

Beth Myers
09-24-2004, 01:51 AM
LOL!
Margaret,
I have to tell you, your beads make me gasp when I see them, no kidding!
Perfect! :clap: :clap:
Beth

And tree size would so rock........maybe ....... :evil:

CharleneN
09-24-2004, 01:52 AM
Beth, I had some trouble with the raku on opal yellow but I think I probably over worked the heating and chilling and caused the problem myself. Your beads sure do give something to aspire to!

CharleneN
09-24-2004, 01:53 AM
Margret those beads are beautiful. That second one makes me think of a volcano ready to erupt...so much heat and movement in it.

Beth Myers
09-24-2004, 01:58 AM
Beth, I had some trouble with the raku on opal yellow but I think I probably over worked the heating and chilling and caused the problem myself. Your beads sure do give something to aspire to!

Charlene,
I've posted this somewhere before, but I do work very fast and hot, and I have no problem getting the color. With the technique I'm using right now on them, I take them in and out of the heat alot, adding layers as I go, striking, adding more, I do save the raku frit for the last go round, get it red hot, let it cool until the glow is gone and strike it another time in the hotest part of my flame. But even before striking it, the colors are perfect. I'm not using any brass, I've tested that and I couldn't tell any difference. I do use mostly Val's gaffer glass, I don't suppose that would make a difference.
It's a puzzler. Thank you all for the most encouraging words.
Beth

SonyaHusko
09-24-2004, 02:01 AM
This is the best show & tell I've seen in awhile. The variety of style and color is great. Margaret, that bead is gorgeous! (it made me click!)

Here are my latest "raku" beads, done on a base of black.

margaretz
09-24-2004, 02:01 AM
Beth and Charlene EDIT: AND SONJA- ya snuck in on me!) - Many thanks! I'm really excited about the gold beads... in jewelry, I work almost exclusively with silver, so I was kind of poo-poo about using much other than a gold fume... I don't really give a hoot with these... they're a b**** to make (I think I spent about 45 minutes on that one) but really fun.
And, Beth... I keep imagining those beads as huge... but I looked at your auctions and saw one of them is 4mm x 45mm? WHAT? That's so freakin' skinny for being so long! Makes me appreciate them in a different way- great job. I still wanna hug those trees, though! :evil:

Beth Myers
09-24-2004, 02:07 AM
Sonya,
Now that is some more color, wonderful!
Margaret, they are very thin, largest ones are 6mm wide.
I have the shortest attention span on earth and making myself do very hard things keeps me from getting bored.....LOL! :evil:
I'll make you some tree beads!
:wave:
Beth

Jan.C
09-24-2004, 05:08 AM
The Raku frit bug has just arrived in Aussie, me thinks it will take off like a bush fire here. This is my go at working with this absolutely fascinating medium.
Jan

kellyvgirl
09-24-2004, 06:25 AM
Wow! Raku frit looks like fun. I just ordered my first batch and can't wait to get started.
Kelly

glass_beads
09-24-2004, 07:00 AM
OMG! You have just outdone yourselves today. WOW...amazing goodies. I wish I could comment on everyone's but my tummy is growling so loudly I need some breakfast!

Deborah, that necklace is stunning. You *NEED* to get that one professionally photographed in my opinion in case you ever need to use it for jury slides. Stunning. You know, sometimes the less ornate beads make up the most striking pieces of jewelry and that necklace is a stunner for sure! That *needs* to be shown off for sure!

Beth, Girl, I don't think I've ever seen you do a S&T before, why have you been holding out on us...those are gorgeous! I have to ask how you get those thin cylinders off the mandrels easily. Anytime I make a long cylinder I have a heck of a time getting it off the mandrel. Anyway, those colors are amazing!

Sonya, love the colors you got with the Raku frit. So pretty. I'm still learning what it can do and up till yesterday wasn't having great success with all those pretty colors like you're getting. Gorgeous beads.

Okay, tummy growling loudly...sorry no more personals, but really, amazing stuff everyone!

KellyD
09-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Wow, what an amazing show and tell!
Deborah-Your necklace is beautiful!
Beth- I love your beads, I am lucky enough to own two of them which I stare at least once everyday ;)
Here is mine for the day

StefaniBeads
09-24-2004, 08:10 AM
Beautiful things on here today, wow!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here's some close-ups of my recent "marathon" work: they're pretty small beads, about 6x9mm - hey, easy for me! How else do you think I have the patience to make a bunch of the same ones?! hehe :p ;) :D

bubbasjewels
09-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Everyone, wonderful work there:)
Beth, I have to agree with you about Margaret's beads, they literally take my breath away :clap:
I just had to lick Sonya's beadies........... :D
Here is a little guy that was made last night, I'm trying to get ready for a class I am taking the first week in November ............... he sure was a "bear" to make *groan*

JCA
09-24-2004, 08:15 AM
WOW Great show and tell!!!!
Fire and Ice.
I took this pic in the sun and the ice is awesome.
Have A GREAT DAY ALL!!

jeffwelsh23462
09-24-2004, 09:40 AM
good morning everyone. HAPPY FRIDAY! Here are my entries today for the show n tell. pendants with dichroic.also a picture of of middle child Sierra (on the right) w/ her best buddy Katelyn.hope everyone has a great weekend! :cool:

starlightdesigns
09-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Wow, I agree, what an awesome S&T!!!! Wowzer wowzie!!! Wish I had time to comment on them all, everything is so amazing!!!

I have a lot to do today so I can't "hang around", but here's something I made earlier this week to honor our local 41st annual Wiedekehr Winefest happening this weekend near Altus, Arkansas. (Altus was made famous by "The Simple Life" show on Fox)... Anyway, hope you like 'em...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Sep-2004/37248-dls192.jpg

Have a great day and weekend, folks!!!!

Rose Leslie
09-24-2004, 10:14 AM
All the beads are just beautiful. Here are a few of the ones that I have worked on and trying to get up to your ability to create drop dead gorgeous beads. Hope it comes soon. :clap:

mtbarr
09-24-2004, 11:01 AM
It's been a long week but I got a bit of time at the torch... Matt and I had a mondo listing session today... here's a few recent ones. The first is a "Mineralogicals" series bead- silver, enamel, crushed aventurine on a black base with encased and silvered stringer. The second is a style I've been playing with... A black base with gold, frits, and a bunch of clear. Have a great night!

Margaret...that "flame" bead is just amazing.. such brilliant colors...you did good on that one.... thanks for sharing.

And thank you other members for your nice compliments on my little horse..

Moth
09-24-2004, 11:08 AM
The second is a style I've been playing with... A black base with gold, frits, and a bunch of clear. Have a great night!

It should be a felony to make a bead like that, post it right where I can see it and then tell me it's already gone.

:cat:

~~Mary

dasi11
09-24-2004, 11:20 AM
What a great day. The beads are really special today. I think I will join in.

beachbeads
09-24-2004, 11:58 AM
I cant keep my eyes open any longer -and I desperatley want to post the only thing I've torched all week, and I will only have one thing to post this week after telling myself I would post more from now on.
Still on the Boro kick and started out making sample color beads and it turned into a necklace
Just plain clear boro base with trans boro edges disc necklace
Forgive me for being 1/2 hour early.
Those sure are pretty Deb!! I assume you got your box and have tried your present out my husband sent you??

LadyArowana
09-24-2004, 12:04 PM
I love looking at all the super beadies, so many I can't even comment individually, but everyone was very inspired this week ! Fiona

tulips
09-24-2004, 01:35 PM
I posted these on another thread but it got buried quickly. I wanted to "show" so I'm reposting, sorry if you've seen it twice! These were inspired by the leaf thread a few days ago!

dread
09-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Its taken me all day to get back here to look at everyones beads
I was going to coment on everyone as each and every one are inspiring !
but at work and its one of those days !
Must say Beth - Wow to your tubes
Margaret - More great beads
Sonya - RAKU RAKU RAJKU you've got it down
JCA - never tire of that fire and ice
So many wonderful beads today !

CalmWaterStudio
09-24-2004, 02:19 PM
WOW.... is this a great show n tell day or what???

Everything is wonderful!

Margaret... I can't get enough of your work... I always just love it.

Krista... those leaves are just beautiful.

I've been playing with frits, and looking in daylily catalogs... Youthful Joy is a daylily... my favorite one...

SPIglass
09-24-2004, 02:44 PM
Oh my gosh!! What incredible eye candy today!!! I actually got some time on the torch yesterday, but I don't have pics of those yet. So, here's some other new ones, some black lace focals. I haven't been making many of these lately, so I think these may be some of the last of this style, for a while at least. Time to work on something new.

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Sep-2004/10616-patinalace1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Sep-2004/10616-fireylace1.jpg

littlecrow1
09-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Beautiful Beads Everyone!! Beth!! :O Awesome loooooooooooong beads!!!

I was looking at some Mexican Day Of The Dead Artwork and it inspired this bead...I want to put together a whole set to go with it...its Creepy but in a cool way..lol :evil:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=170151&stc=1

BabsW
09-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Beth Myers,

Lovely long beads. How long are they and what kind of torch are you using? I have a terrible time getting a bead of 1.75 inches finished before it cracks on one end or the other. I have a Lynx with a very narrow flame.

Thanks,
Barbara

mhartjen
09-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Wow! What a wonderfu show and tell! Sonya ... your raku beads are awesome! Here are a few of mine! Marna

David E Ricketts
09-24-2004, 05:55 PM
These are a few from July. I am so behind getting things photographed.
These were my first experiments with the Jitterbug Raku frit. FUN!
Longest bead is two inches.
And a little, etched Halloween set.

Hope you all have a peaceful weekend.
Beth

Beth, I got to say... I just love your bicones.... Great work!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

CalmWaterStudio
09-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Sonya... I was just looking through all of these pictures again... and MY GOODNESS...... your 'raku' colors!!!! WOW. Those babies are just beautiful!

Jewelia
09-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Beautiful Beads Everyone!! Beth!! :O Awesome loooooooooooong beads!!!

I was looking at some Mexican Day Of The Dead Artwork and it inspired this bead...I want to put together a whole set to go with it...its Creepy but in a cool way..lol :evil:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=170151&stc=1

YUP.......Creepy...But in a VERY COOL way.......I like it tons....love to see what you make to go with it.........j.

WillowAnn
09-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Oooohhh, Lisa (StephanieBeads), your colors (especially the pink and the orange sets) are luscious. Will you tell us what glass and/or frits you used??

Lots of lovely work from everyone today. I'm learning my camera (slowly) and hopefully in a few weeks I'll be ready to start participating in the S&Ts.

WillowAnn

kissmyglass
09-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Gosh these are all so beautifull! Beth the jitterbug frit beads rock!!!!! Can I be you? I am still "down" due to "gas smell" sigh!!!

tulips
09-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Thanks Gigi! They were fun to make. I love the lava bead! I don't usually like the color orange, no idea why but your bead has a lot of movement and color blending and I really like that. It makes it seem alive almost!

Beth Myers
09-24-2004, 10:14 PM
I wanted to thank you all for the kind comments, I'm grinning like a mule eating briers...... :evil:
It was a privilege to be in such talented company today.
Thanks to all,
Beth

scupltorgirl
09-24-2004, 11:30 PM
This is an amazing show and tell! :clap:

(Is it just me, or does anyone else notice how as we move in to fall, the pieces get more beautiful and more abundant? Did everyone's kids go back to school or something? :D )