PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp Boats in Darien

ExpressiveAngie
09-23-2004, 06:13 PM
16x20 Ampersand board
I did this one a month or so ago..mostly I have done portraits (with pastels) but I am doing some paintings for an art show here in Darien this November. I have been doing mostly acrylics but thought I would do some pastels also but on paper next because this thing is gonna weigh a ton with the board and glass and frame! C and C welcome.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Sep-2004/29518-shrimpboats.jpg

Stoy Jones
09-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Angie! Nice to see you, missed much of your painting lately due to all sorts chores here, but very glad to catch this! Very nicely done..love the job on those palms! I find the fronds difficult to do, but I think you did them extremely well...could we have a demo sometime? :D Very familiar scene to me, so I'm biased :D Hope you are holding up fine in that area with the kind of year we are having. Is this from a photo ref or did you paint on location?

Stoy

ExpressiveAngie
09-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Stoy --Nice to see you too! I did work from a photo....altho this place is very close to my house and the girls and I go there often.
Frances did cause a little damage for us -- as you can see, part of the tree is on my house!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Sep-2004/29518-treeload3.jpg

khourianya
09-24-2004, 01:26 AM
I love the gentle colours in this.

prestonsega
09-24-2004, 03:19 AM
Hey Angie....how's it going? good to see you again...great seascape...you know..I think this is the first work of yours that I have seen that isn't portraiture. Lookin good......hope the show goes well..

PM me some info on the show..It would be a good day trip to plan!!!

ExpressiveAngie
09-24-2004, 06:22 AM
Thank you Annie, one of my friends says it looks as tho I was looking thru *ideal* glasses - I think you have hit upon the same thing with the gentle colors observation.

Thank you Preston and DUH, I shouldve already sent you literature on the Day in Darien, I will find it and PM you as requested.

Khadres
09-24-2004, 12:56 PM
Oh, this should sell right off the bat! VERY nicely done! :clap:

billiam
09-26-2004, 09:30 AM
beautiful, great comp. for the work. bill should cross-post in marine art.

sundiver
09-26-2004, 09:43 AM
This is lovely, Angie! I like the sky especially, and the subdued mood.

ExpressiveAngie
09-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Sooz if only your words could make it happen! Thank you. :)
Thank you Bill and Wendy for looking and commenting. Wendy I Just took a 4 day course on professional picture framing and I plan on framing your lovely plein air and finding it a place of honor soon.

paloma
09-26-2004, 12:05 PM
I like this very much - the way ones eye is drawn in is down to thoughtful planning , Lovely soft colours & The way you have drawn the fronds beautiful!! Cheers Alexandra

ExpressiveAngie
09-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Thank you so much Alexandra. :)