PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Models?

Alena Hope
09-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Have you ever hired a model to sit for you? I ask because last night was the first time I had a model sit for me. Okay, so when I say model I mean my friend Becky, but I did pay her for her time. In college I made ends meet by modeling for drawing and painting classes for some of my professors, they paid $25 an hour and rarley was I fully nude. Having Becky model for me last night was fun, I had to work really fast and I just did alot of charcoal drawings because thats a medium I can be super speedy in. I had to work fast because she was in a bathtub and the water was getting cold fast. But I got a lot of really good stuff out of the session and started composing a canvas of the sitting after I got home last night.

habondia
09-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Modelling is still the main way I make any money other than painting :)

If I could afford to hire someone to sit for me I would in a second. Such great practise, and even better, if you have a specific idea for a painting in mind, you can ask them to sit in that specific way, and work on it later. What a luxury!! Still don't have the cash for that though, myself....

Enchanted
09-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Have you ever hired a model to sit for you?
Lucky is the artist who has models that will sit for free! Or to put it another way, models who one would bother with who will work for free!!

When I was going to school it was easy to get the models that posed for studio sessions to work privately, as long as they got paid the same or better than they did posing for the school.

I've also taken advantage of "group sessions" where a group of artists gets together regularly and everyone pitches in a few bucks to pay the model, who ends up getting a pretty good salary, depending on the number of artists participating each session.

Models particularly like the "private" sessions where they are paid cash and there is no accountability to the tax man! ;)