PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Mom!

Shirl
10-25-2001, 04:35 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Oct-2001/wannaplay.JPG

This is Marty again. Thought I'd try out some black Mi-Teintes paper and is it fun! I think this is the best piece of art I've done in color. Marty always had that blue handball in his mouth (crooked because of lack of teeth) and wanted me to throw it. Of course I did, and he would never quit fetching it. Framed and on the wall. Thanks for looking/commenting!

Shirl

Sandi
10-27-2001, 01:32 PM
Shirl, this is awesome!! He has so much character, so much LIFE! Very well done!

stealth
10-29-2001, 11:03 PM
great picture and you have handled your colors and values well, i was trying a portrait on black paper and gave up ,had to turn to gray.:evil: :angel:

Shirl
11-06-2001, 01:42 PM
Thanks Sandi :) and Stealth for your comments!

I thought this came out quite well (much more blended-looking than the photo). The thing is, I didn't give the black paper the slightest regard as anything different (re, Stealth's thread), mostly because I don't know any better:). Is there anything I should correct here? Or do different next time?

I've entered it into an "All Creatures Great and Small" art contest. No one better buy it tho.......I could never part with it.

Shirl

auntie_chaos
11-06-2001, 02:44 PM
Shirl ... This painting of Marty is awesome!!!! Such a beautiful dog you have there. Love the way you do the coloring & shading. And his eyes really do say 'come on and play with me!' :)