PDA

View Full Version : Country Road finished + a Treat for you

Paula Ford
09-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Hi Everyone, I took "Country Road" to class with me last night and told my teacher "You can't touch it, but tell me what else should be done." Also, asked my other classmates. So here it is finished. Thank you for all of your great input, advice, and kind words.

Here also is a treat for you!! I gave Paul Friske, my teacher, a photo out of the image library and he did it in oils 16"x20", "River Walk." (Thank you Dragonlady!!) Thought you would all enjoy it!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/1978-countryroadfinalforwc.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/1978-paulfriskeforwc.JPG

khourianya
09-22-2004, 10:15 PM
This turned out simply breathtaking! Good job (and congrats on being able to tell him to keep his paws off! :D)

It looks like you have a very talented instructor, as well...

Stoy Jones
09-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Both are quite amazing in their own right! On yours, I really like the light filtering through the trees. Nice show of distance and atmosphere on those mountains too. On the oil, the sun bakes on the stone bridge support. This is a treat and thanks for sharing your teacher's work as well!

Stoy

Deborah Secor
09-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Very nice, Paula! I like it that YOU were the one to put the finishing touches on this one. Love the suggested flowers in the field using color--very spare. The depth of shadow at the end of the roadway is very appealing. :D How long did it take your teacher to paint this--was it done in class? That reflection is lush.

Glad you treated us!

Deborah

Kathryn Day
09-23-2004, 12:37 AM
Hi Paula,
Both are beautiful paintings. I hear more confidence in your posting. We knew you had it in you!

prestonsega
09-23-2004, 12:48 AM
;) beautiful......

jackiesimmonds
09-23-2004, 02:08 AM
well done, this has a lovely sense of light. I prefer it to your teacher's pic, actually!

J

Khadres
09-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Great finish on that country road! The river walk water is yummy! Makes me long to do oils again!

Nodosaurus
09-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Terriffic works. I'd sure like to see them for real.

binkie
09-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Oh Paula, your painting is so beautiful. :clap: :clap: :clap: It makes me wish I were walking down that road with my dog. And of course, the oil is nice too.

gwen

meowmeow
09-23-2004, 07:18 PM
GOrgeous....looks like you resolved all the little nitpicky things and made a wonderful painting. Your light and the depth are terrific.
The teacher's painting is nice but yours is a real treat!!!

sandy

Paula Ford
09-23-2004, 07:58 PM
...How long did it take your teacher to paint this--was it done in class? That reflection is lush.

Glad you treated us!

Deborah

Thanks so much everybody!!

Deborah, Don't know how long it took. Will have to ask him next Tuesday. No, he doesn't paint in class unless it's on our paintings.

Paula

E-J
09-24-2004, 08:24 AM
I didn't see this one in progress, Paula, but the finished painting is beautiful!

Paula Ford
09-24-2004, 08:57 AM
Thanks so much E-J!!

pjo
09-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Hi Paula,

What a beautiful painting you've done, I really like the shadows on the road and the last touch of light at the end of the road really draws me into this painting.

I like the reflections in the water and the sunlight on the bridge supports on your teachers painting. Thanks for sharing both of these wonder paintings with us.

dragonlady
09-27-2004, 08:23 AM
Paula,

Your 'Country Road' is really beautiful. I love the way the light filters across the road and into the trees, and the sense of depth you've achieved.

Your teacher's painting from my photo is really good, he's caught the feel of being out on the canal. I keep coming back to look as it makes me feel I'm out on the boat instead of stuck here in the office in front of my computer. The detail on the bridge is amazing. Are you planning to paint this one also, I would love to see your version ?

Paula Ford
09-27-2004, 09:16 AM
Paula,

Your 'Country Road' is really beautiful. I love the way the light filters across the road and into the trees, and the sense of depth you've achieved.

Your teacher's painting from my photo is really good, he's caught the feel of being out on the canal. I keep coming back to look as it makes me feel I'm out on the boat instead of stuck here in the office in front of my computer. The detail on the bridge is amazing. Are you planning to paint this one also, I would love to see your version ?

Hi Joy! Yes, I'm going to paint this very soon. Hopefully I'll start it this week. Was going to pm you when finished. My teacher just LOVED this photo and begged me for it...hope you don't mind.

Thank you!!
Paula

P.S. Thank you Paula!!

Mikki Petersen
09-28-2004, 02:06 PM
It is nice to see a sample of your instructor's work and he is indeed talented, but the real treat is the finished version of your "Country Road". Set side be side with the instructor's, it looks equal in degree of skill and talent. I loved this piece forst time you posted the progress image and I love it more now. The feel is so warm and inviting and you captured the lighting just right. Good for you!

Paula Ford
09-28-2004, 09:54 PM
It is nice to see a sample of your instructor's work and he is indeed talented, but the real treat is the finished version of your "Country Road". Set side be side with the instructor's, it looks equal in degree of skill and talent. I loved this piece forst time you posted the progress image and I love it more now. The feel is so warm and inviting and you captured the lighting just right. Good for you!

Thanks so much Mikki!!!! You are so kind...and have made my day!!

Paula