PDA

View Full Version : First day of Fall...whats your contribution?

amayita
09-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Ok in the lobby everyone is talking about this being the first day of fall. I didnt know that! I am so bad, but I was in a fall mood the other day and made some beads. This is my contribution to the fall season! What is yours???

Becky Mason
09-22-2004, 02:29 PM
OOHHHHHH. Amaya, those are GORgeous!! :clap: :clap:

Here's a little set of coin shapes in etched light brown (terra cotta) and silvered ivory.

Becky

koregon
09-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Beautiful you guys...I didn't torch yesterday...we got our sunshine back...and well...never made it to the garage after all the rain we have had....beautiful beads...can you believe its the first day of fall??

Orca
09-22-2004, 03:20 PM
First time I've gotten Raku to "sing"...these are part of a set that's got lot's of fall colors!

JavaGirlBT
09-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Here's a fall set I recently had on ebay.

Becky Mason
09-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Sherry - I like how you mixed the 2 different sizes of frit on your beads. Very cool.

Ellen - What kind of tool or press did you use to get the design on your beads? Those are really neat.

Becky

Jiley
09-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Oh I LOVE the Fall!!!!
Fabulous Fall beads guys!!!!
Goodbye 100 degree days!! Hello handknit beanies........

JavaGirlBT
09-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Ellen - What kind of tool or press did you use to get the design on your beads? Those are really neat.
Becky

Thanks, Becky. Those are lentils with raised stringer decoration. Here's a closeup:

acbeads_com
09-22-2004, 05:03 PM
What a great way to bring in the fall! :clap: :clap: Beautiful stuff everyone.

I'm getting ready for a show in a few weeks and making a bunch of my sculpted flowers to put in a vase as part of my display--here's a pix of one that I did yesterday (these puppies are hard to photograph!)

Ann

Patricia'sglass
09-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Oh, beautiful beads all!! I am so ready for fall. That flower is incredible! Is it made off mandrel?
Pattym

amayita
09-22-2004, 05:28 PM
WOW! Great job guys! I love them all! The sculpted flower ROCKS! I am so nosey I wanna see more!! :evil:

SPIglass
09-22-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm lovin' all these rich and lustruous autumn colors!! Here's couple of mine. The last one has a little turquoise thrown in the mix for added punch. :D

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/10616-autumnlace1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/10616-enchantedddreams1.jpg

AMR GlassWorks
09-22-2004, 07:06 PM
:clap: :clap: Gorgeous beadies ya'll! Here are some I did yesterday, was trying for fall but kinda ended up with a jungle feel! :rolleyes:

acbeads_com
09-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Oh, beautiful beads all!! I am so ready for fall. That flower is incredible! Is it made off mandrel?
Pattym

Thanks Patty,
The flower is is combo of on and off the mandrel work... If I'm really good, I'll get a tutorial posted in a few days, as I know there have been a few questions flaoting around about how to do sculpted flowers, but I haven't gotten around to posting a "how-to" yet....

lsking
09-22-2004, 08:18 PM
I went out yesterday and bought myself a new leaf press just for the express purpose of making autumn leaves! Here is the result!!! I had way too much fun doing these!

Adriana_S
09-22-2004, 09:23 PM
I have a very "fallish" duo to contribute. . . it's actually gold purple frit on a silvered clear core. Not the result I was expecting but I was VERY pleased when I pulled them out of the kiln!!! :D

Becky Mason
09-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Ellen - Thanks for the closeup. Without it I would have sworn the shape was impressed INTO the beads, not raised on the surface. Very cool.

Paulette - You make some absolutely gorgeous organic bicones. Thanks for the lucious eye candy.

Becky

Amaya - great idea for a thread!

acorns2oaks
09-22-2004, 09:27 PM
First time I've gotten Raku to "sing"...these are part of a set that's got lot's of fall colors!

wow, Orca, what shape are those! I love the colors too!!! Just got knocked sideways by the shape!!! :clap:

acorns2oaks
09-22-2004, 09:29 PM
What a great way to bring in the fall! :clap: :clap: Beautiful stuff everyone.

I'm getting ready for a show in a few weeks and making a bunch of my sculpted flowers to put in a vase as part of my display--here's a pix of one that I did yesterday (these puppies are hard to photograph!)

Ann

Ann,

Those are AMAZING!!! If I only had half of that talent in sculpting! :wink2:

Stacy

Becky Mason
09-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Adrianna - I love your unexpected pillows. What a great way to use up all of that scummy Moretti clear that I've got. I have found that using silver foil with frit, you never know what you're going to get. It is almost like a really fun science experiment. Your experiment yielded great results.

Becky

Orca
09-23-2004, 12:54 AM
wow, Orca, what shape are those! I love the colors too!!! Just got knocked sideways by the shape!!! :clap:

They're the shape that I make with the Corina Bead Squeeze.....largish barrel, squeezed, and then taken down to a nice thin tab. My favorite shape these days, thanks!!

AMR GlassWorks
09-23-2004, 07:00 AM
That's what I do with all my squeezed beads, I don't really like the "butt" shape that much!

Bead Safari
09-23-2004, 08:13 AM
Love the fall beads - all of them, but the flower just has me amazed!

I just finished this necklace yesterday, with the fall color leaves and amber spacers. I'm heading off to a show today, am up early, and had to get my WC hit before I leave! Happy weekend - (it really feels like fall here in Central Texas too - :wave: )

Adriana_S
09-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Adrianna - I love your unexpected pillows. What a great way to use up all of that scummy Moretti clear that I've got. I have found that using silver foil with frit, you never know what you're going to get. It is almost like a really fun science experiment. Your experiment yielded great results.

Becky

That's why I don't have any moretti clear left Becky!!! And thank you for the compliment. I dont know if anyone else has encountered this or if it's just me but vetrofond clear does NOT seem to get the pretty "stoney" effect with silver that both lauscha and moretti do . . . I didnt like the way it came out at all. . and I've tried bunches.

Just had to throw that out there!!! Is it just me??? :confused:

midniteburner
09-24-2004, 02:18 AM
Pulling in at the end of this thread with my contribution to fall...

Chill Chasers, yes I'm already cold here in SC and it's not even winter yet!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Sep-2004/12611-chills.jpg

Sara