PDA

View Full Version : S&T Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Andee
09-22-2004, 08:16 AM
Hiya y'all,

Yeah, I know, I DID say I'd go back to bed, but... :rolleyes:

Necklace using glass, jade, carneol and red Aventurin (soz, couldn't find that word in my dictionary)...

carebear
09-22-2004, 09:10 AM
andee...gorgeous as always....!! that necklace is ready to wear for fall!

just a weenie post from me today...worked split shift yesterday and just didn't get anything done except this necklace...(which pretty much consisted of cutting cord, and putting ends on) :wink2:

have a wonderful day everyone!

carrie

McDuck
09-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Andee - that piece is so FALL ! lovely work!

Carrie you kill me, make me giggle girl. so what's it made of? hmmm, I like it too!

As for me I have to go looksy in my kilnsy and then I shall return. Hopefully with something befitting to post here.

-Mary

Andee
09-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Carrie and Mary - thanks! :)

Carrie - it looks really interesting, but I'd sure like to get a closer look on the dangle-part! I'm with Mary - what material did you use?

I just finished this ring - rock crystal set in silver. I started work on the setting before Barry mentioned the unnecessity of open settings, otherwise I would have made a closed setting... However, it still needs a bit of fine-tuning and polishing, but for today I'm done...

beclectic
09-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Hiya y'all,

Yeah, I know, I DID say I'd go back to bed, but... :rolleyes:

Necklace using glass, jade, carneol and red Aventurin (soz, couldn't find that word in my dictionary)...

I'm telling you our languages are close on things like this. Carnealian and Adventurine.

I really like the carved bead, and the colors are so Fall.

The ring is really striking, sometimes very simple is the best.

Carrie, the dangles look intreguing but I need to see what they really look like. (Yes need is the right word, its not just a want.) :)

I made more of the polyclay beads I'm working on but haven't cooked any yet and haven't started to finish the beads or make the jewelry so nothing for me today.

toozygoot
09-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Andee - you did it again! Love the fall colors! And the ring is simplicity at it's best!

Carrie - looks really neat! But I need to see it better!

pat

McDuck
09-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Hey Andee - girl that ring rocks! can I still say that? :rolleyes:

barbara, sho wus your uncooked poly clay please, never seen it before.

As for me....

many butterfly pendandts...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/18183-Butterflies.jpg

Handmade lilly bead....still need to MOP it,
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/18183-Lillies.jpg

custom order gecko (hope it's right lol)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/18183-Gecko3WC.jpg

The end,
Mary

toozygoot
09-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Oh Mary! The lily bead is so delicate looking! I don't know anything about glazes, but you chose well for that one. And I think your geckos are really cool!

OK! I just feel like contributing a little something since I am getting such joy out of everyone else's work! I won these beads from Lauri Copeland at the Silent Auction in Portland at the Gathering. Boy is that a run on sentence or what?!?!? The only thing I added was the clasp and round beads - a real "no-brainer" piece! :D I don't think you will see the neat colors in her boro beads. This is so comfy to wear and it doesn't slide around too much!

pat

McDuck
09-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Oh Pat you lucky ducky you!! lauri c. beadies, what a prize!!! And such a pretty braclet!

-Mary

Andee
09-22-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm telling you our languages are close on things like this. Carnealian and Adventurine.

Barbara - thanks, really adventurine? As in adventure? Interesting! :) Can't wait to see your polymer clay beads!!

Pat - ta! :) And woweeeee on that bracelet! The beads are gorgeous, and the "simple" way of showcasing them is yummy!

Mary - sure you can say that, why not? ;) Lovely butterflies, cute gecko, but the lily-bead really does it for me! Beautiful!!

LadyArowana
09-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Barbara - thanks, really adventurine? As in adventure? Interesting! :)

Think it's usually spelt without the 'd', aventurine, name derives from a type of glass discovered by chance ( in Italian "a ventura" ), so I suppose it was an adventure too !

Great show and tell everyone, I am working on 'upgrading' a necklace I bought on holiday ( actually, not working on it right now of course, but in theory I am !). So maybe some show and tell from me later in the week, don't hold your breath though. Fiona

SuzyQ
09-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Oh my Ladies! Mary your work is more stunning than ever. You have really taken your beads up a level since last spring.

So many nice warm colors today. And, what a pretty sterling ring.

Here is a little something made from ShawnT's (set in glass) beads:

Andee
09-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Fiona - thanks for explaining! Meant to wish you nice holidays in Germany, but missed my chance - sorry for that! Hope you had a good time! :)

SuzyQ - what a cute bracelet, and the beads are lovely!

Had some beads of the necklace-project left, so I made matching earrings and bracelet:

beclectic
09-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Think it's usually spelt without the 'd', aventurine, name derives from a type of glass discovered by chance ( in Italian "a ventura" ), so I suppose it was an adventure too !

Great show and tell everyone, I am working on 'upgrading' a necklace I bought on holiday ( actually, not working on it right now of course, but in theory I am !). So maybe some show and tell from me later in the week, don't hold your breath though. Fiona

I've found it spelled both ways but I think aventurine is actually the official mineral name. Thanks for mentioning it's history.

flynfire
09-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Andee, your bead jewelry makes me think of the smells maple leaves and burning wood! I love autumn! I like a simple ring and that one look like ice.
Yes, Carrie, tell us what's hanging on that cord!
McDuck, I always liked your baking, but these past few goodies are pretty darned stunning.
SuzyQ, that bracelet is so delicate looking, I wish I wasn't such a clutz. I could wear it!
Pat, I really like the look of those beads. They look organic to me.
Nothing from me today, but I've got a chrysacolla glider pendant in the works.
Kit

SuzyQ
09-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys! The bracelet is actually very durable. I washed and dried one in the laundry by accident the other day! Fortunately the beads on it were polymer clay and not lampwork. I wonder if lampwork could take the beating of a dryer? I'm not testing it!

beclectic
09-22-2004, 02:48 PM
I would think that lampwork would do fine through the dryer. Those beads are actually harder to damage than the polyclay ones.

Gingerbiscuit
09-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Great show and tell today.

Mary, I love your lizzard, he's gorgeous!

Well, my number was called in the CA today (by our Barbara!) so I thought I'd show it here. It was the very last reveal of all; I had a feeling mine would be last, LOL!

This necklace is hand-woven with 5 different colours of size 11 seed beads using a variety of stitches including peyote, Dutch spiral, N’debele and ladder stitch. It is embellished with tiny picots that spiral around the base, and has a matching beaded toggle fastener.

My photo could be better – I’m sorry. I need more practice. This necklace is more “autumny” in the flesh, and the palest beads are more beige.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2004/40819-chinese1net2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2004/40819-chinese2net.jpg

McDuck
09-22-2004, 05:18 PM
Lynne, that is beautiful! How lucky barbara is!!

-Mary

carebear
09-22-2004, 05:29 PM
I'll try to post a better scan tomorrow...it's just metal disks on a chain all hooked together....but I left it at work, one of the girls is debating on which necklaces she wants to buy..

but thanks for asking!

carrie

beclectic
09-22-2004, 07:17 PM
OK Mary here is the uncooked, unsanded and unfinished poly beads. The largest heart is about 1 1/4" across at the top and about 1 1/2" long.

McDuck
09-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Oh my barbara, those are Very Pretty! I like them alot. Thakn you for sharing as I never saw uncooked ones before. LOL

-Mary

SuzyQ
09-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Pretty Barbara! Is the white translucent? If so you are going to love what they look like when they are cooked and buffed to perfection. Deep and dreamy.....

Andee
09-23-2004, 03:13 AM
Lynne - what a beautiful piece! How lucky you are to get it, Barbara! :)

Barbara - stunning beads! Can't wait to see how they look finished!! :)

Oskadis
09-23-2004, 04:34 AM
Gorgeous eye candy! More, more! :clap: ;)

beclectic
09-23-2004, 06:54 AM
Pretty Barbara! Is the white translucent? If so you are going to love what they look like when they are cooked and buffed to perfection. Deep and dreamy.....

The pale pink is translucent and underneath is a dk. lavender pearl. I cooked them last night and the sparkle is starting to show through. I'll try to photograph them again so y'all can see the next step but it needs a strong light to show the sparkle at this stage.

Thanks for all the encouragement. My family ohhhed and ahhhhed over them last night. These are turning out way bettern than I expected. :D

Gingerbiscuit
09-23-2004, 07:48 AM
OK Mary here is the uncooked, unsanded and unfinished poly beads. The largest heart is about 1 1/4" across at the top and about 1 1/2" long.

Barbara, these are beautiful, I wouldn't know where to begin. :)