PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, September 22, Show & Tell

HotGlassArtiste
09-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Okay, So I'm a bit early.

This is my latest Stacked Set. A Small, and a Large Silver-Core bead on a Black Silk Cord. Whaddya think, huh?

Practice, Practice, Practice!?!?! You Got It . . .

I liked it so much, I put it on my website home page. Well, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't . . .

NLC
09-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Oooh, I like it, I like it!!!!

Getting weirder out here in Ohio....
A Nekkid Chinchilla and a baaaaad tooth. :evil:
Stories behind both on request...

Nikki

ctseibels
09-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Wow! That large silver-core bead is beautiful! I love the colors in the set.
Vikki- What a cutie! I don't need to know the story; they are adorable without it!
Here are two things that I put on my website recently. I have not posted here in a while; I've been busy working on my updated website. I have been busy making beads, though. The first set was inspired by Corina's ebay auction last week. I never work with "toned down" colors, so this was a little bit of a personal challenge, and I really liked the result. I love the goldstone and the pixie dust.
The second set has runes in the stringer detail. I love the concept, and am working on a few more sets with other Runes. Off to bed for me.....can't wait to see the other posts in the AM!
Carter

L. Murga
09-22-2004, 12:10 AM
David, that is a spectacular piece!! LOVE IT :clap:
Lori

CelestialConcepts
09-22-2004, 12:40 AM
David- beautiful combination there!
Nikki- maybe wierd, but they made me smile!
Carter- love the colors in your rune set!

Here's mine for today. First Christmas & Aqua with Periwinkle

-Misty
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/26818-092104christmasA.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/26818-092104midnightseaA.JPG

theonlyduda
09-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Off to a great start for hump day! Just a few neutrals from me today.... a little raku as well! :D

CorvetteJuliet
09-22-2004, 01:03 AM
David - Fabulous colors! Love it!
Nikki - Too cute! The tooth cracks me up! (I was at the dentist today!)
Carter - Those beads are awesome. I love the colors.
Misty - Fabulous. I really dig that blue set!
Duda - Pretty! I'm going to have to break out the amber shades. Those are just Yummy!

Here's a quick set I just listed on eBay. I've been practicing my stringer work on my new minor... Finally getting the hang of it. ;)

KikkiSweden
09-22-2004, 01:36 AM
David - That silver core set is gorgeous!
Nikki - Adorable, I'd love to hear the stories, especially about the nekkid chinilla.
Carter - Cool runes! I wish I hade that kind of stringer control
Misty - Very pretty!
Dawn - Beautiful set.
Juliet - very yummy! Is that red Lauscha?

Here are two new sets from me. Ink blue and copper green dots in the first picture and the second one is stringer painted florals in pink on teal white hearts.

Virginia L.
09-22-2004, 02:27 AM
Hello - Hope your Wednesday is going well
HotGlassArtiste, that is a beautiful set, I can see how practice is making for quite the wonderful beads
Nikki, he,...he, he.......he, he, he,................snort, he, he, he. I saw them on your ebay site - nuf-said, or giggled!!!
Carter, both sets are nice, but I LOVE the floral set, really looks gorgeous
Misty - nice bead sets, is that second one, teal and periwinkle - by the time I get some Christmas sets done - Christmas will be here
Dawn, beautiful do I see fuming with the Raku????
Juliet - I love that red and white, or is it Pink?? Nice stringer control
Kikki, Nice combo, the copper green and ink blue, boy my copper green is never that pretty. the painted florals are wonderful too

From me, hmmmmmmmmmm, ok, big surprise, stars - I am trying some new color combo's, what do ya think???? Then I did a Raku twistie bead - I am really happy with it - I did a couple others, but they are nothing to even post - no wonderful colors at all - I did all the little things people say to do, and NO colors - anyway, will try some more - Have a wonderful day - God Bless - Virginia

Trishki
09-22-2004, 02:39 AM
Beautiful work everyone! You keep me going!

I've been in a frustrating slump after Glass Stock - turning out kiln after kiln full of unusable fugliness and ugliness...sadly nothing worth showing...

This happens to me once in a while, I'll get over it - just have to work through it. Meanwhile I really enjoy these S&T's!!! Thanks everyone!

swamperfolk
09-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Here's some "Raku" over Opal Yellow. The last bead has alot of other stuff thrown in too. I lovet the way the raku separates the opal yellow. I was able to get the colors without marvering adn with using the tapley lentil tongs. However, once I get a "rust" spot in the raku, it won't come out no matter whatI do.

Debra DC
09-22-2004, 07:27 AM
Beautiful work, everyone!

I've been working on Halloween beads and my pumpkins. Here are two little guys for a set I have up on Ebay. I just love Halloween!

Have a great day!

GinaJ
09-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Ok, this is one of the best S&T's yet! What beautiful beads!!!!!!!!
Here's mine, purple and green moretti:

Foofaraw
09-22-2004, 08:07 AM
David ~ how could you not love those!!!!
Nikki ~ that bad tooth is hysterical! and the mouse looks like she's groping herself. lmao!
Carter ~ great job on the bottom set, I see you have a very steady hand!
Misty ~ I love the second set, so tranquil
Dawn ~ love the neutrals!!!
Juliet ~ what a great set, could work for x-mas or valentines day!
Kikki ~ I like the ink blue with copper, I know how daunting those beads can be, lol!
Virginia ~ I want that raku twistie bead, lol, I love it!
Linda ~ beautiful raku! I'm so envious!
Deb ~ is that brown vines on the pumpkin or did you do some electroforming?

Here is mine for today, I had a little sweet tooth yesterday, lol!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/19877-Holiday-Treats.jpg

CorvetteJuliet
09-22-2004, 08:16 AM
Thanks everyone. To answer your questions mine are Dark Red Morretti cores, encased in morretti clear and morretti white. No lauscha in these beads.

Kikki - I love the dotted beads. Fabulous colors.
Virginia - You sure have perfected those star beads. Beautiful!
Trishki - I can relate. My daughter and I have this AM ritual to check for 'kiln pretties'. Some days all we get is a good laugh instead of oooh and aaaah and her begging me to make one just like it for her. ;)
Linda - Boy, you've got a great case of Rakuitis! Beautiful.
Debrah - Wonderful sculptural beads. They're so festive.
Gina - Wow those colors look fabulous together!
Jenn - YUMMY! They look so real I could eat 'em up!

creativespirit
09-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Good morning all. Still working on the lentils. I can see how you get Obsessed with these! :D

Peace
Wendy :wave:

Debra DC
09-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Thanks, Jenn & Juliet! They are brown and green vines. No electroforming - although, that's an interesting idea. Maybe I'll have to try that out soon!

Great work, everyone!

Debra

KellyD
09-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Jenn-mmm, those look real! Great job!
Carter- Nice job, glad to see your post

Here is mine for the day. Some florals for a set I'm working on and another Christmas Smores set
Have a great day everyone!
Kelly

KellyD
09-22-2004, 09:08 AM
oops, I forgot to add the pics!

travelin'gal
09-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi all!
Wow there is some cool stuff here already! I am not awake enough to remember names. But have to comment on the Christmas candy. Those are GREAT! Nice work!

Okay here is my offering. Some edp, intense black, and raku.
Deanna

bubbasjewels
09-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Goodness!! Everyone's beadies are sumfin else :clap: :clap: :clap:
Oh mighty sheepgoddess, do tell us "The tooth and nothing but the tooth" :D
The nekkid chinchilla is too cute.

I hope I can sneak these in, my first attempt at anything that even resembles a punkin (please excuse the bead skeet, they insisted on being photograsped first thing this morning) .................... PPP then even more PPP :p

Amozoo
09-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Beautiful beads today. I'm on a back up computer, let's see if it still can up load pictures.

BeadBraker
09-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Great show and tell!

I posted these in a p.m. S&T but wanted to post them again today because:

1) This is my favorite set ever (though no one has bid on it)
2) I love fall and purple and fall and purple and especially purple. ;-)
3) I am depressed...my cool boss just quit, and I am being sentenced to a 14 mo long project with Scary Boss, the Queen of the underworld. There is now a betting pool on how long I will be able to take it.
4) It's my bday this Sat.

Norma623
09-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Wow some gorgeous beads today - raku, raku everywhere....and I'm still FRITLESS!! I just love how each artist creates a completely different look with the same stuff! Here's a couple of my latest - both in my EBAY store...
The first is another dichro core, with silver and frit layer over top - finished with purple swirled with silvered ivory stringer. The second is a transparent aqua core and a very long piece of dichro twisted around it and encased.

dockhl
09-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Good morning, everyone ! Better late than never, I guess...........

Some boro for me...........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/21909-Pict3168.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/21909-Pict3166.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/21909-Pict3165.jpg

FiredDesires
09-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Wow.......some very pretty work today....not making many beads myself lately, but am getting ready for my annual "fusing frenzy", where I create a years worth of cabs in one month!. I'm liquidating last years already on Ebay and the below pictures are a warm up for the up and coming Oct work.

Madrone
09-22-2004, 12:39 PM
:clap: Im so impressed by all of the beads. Great work everyone. Im just getting back into bead making. I crashed my car and could not work the torch. I will post my beads next week. all the best Veti

DesertDreamer
09-22-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm calling this one my Raku Runaway. It started as a tab bead, believe it or not.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/11920-Landslide1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Sep-2004/11920-Landslide2.jpg

CharleneN
09-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Wow...such gorgeous beads today.

Here are a couple of encased florals I was finally able to make after tons of PPP!

mhartjen
09-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Lovely work everyone! Here are a few of mine ... Marna

Galadriel
09-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Wow! That large silver-core bead is beautiful! I love the colors in the set.
Vikki- What a cutie! I don't need to know the story; they are adorable without it!
Here are two things that I put on my website recently. I have not posted here in a while; I've been busy working on my updated website. I have been busy making beads, though. The first set was inspired by Corina's ebay auction last week. I never work with "toned down" colors, so this was a little bit of a personal challenge, and I really liked the result. I love the goldstone and the pixie dust.
The second set has runes in the stringer detail. I love the concept, and am working on a few more sets with other Runes. Off to bed for me.....can't wait to see the other posts in the AM!
Carter
I LOVE those rune beads. I am working on making some some with cave painting stuff and celtic symbols. Those are beautiful.

Renee

HotGlassArtiste
09-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Great show and tell!

I posted these in a p.m. S&T but wanted to post them again today because:

1) This is my favorite set ever (though no one has bid on it)
2) I love fall and purple and fall and purple and especially purple. ;-)
3) I am depressed...my cool boss just quit, and I am being sentenced to a 14 mo long project with Scary Boss, the Queen of the underworld. There is now a betting pool on how long I will be able to take it.
4) It's my bday this Sat.

Well, Happy Birthday anyway!

BTW, what kind of tools are you using to polish your silver?

David