PDA

View Full Version : Ugly, Really Ugly Bead Contest!!!

Mary Riggs
09-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Hello to all my beading buddies!

I have been in a strangely upbeat mood today, so I made this 'beauty.' You see, I am teaching myself peyote stitch from a new book I just received from Amazon.com. Learning something new artistically just puts me over the rainbow. No, I don't have a mood disorder, and no, I don't use substances or alcohol or more than two cups of coffee per day or excessive amounts of chocolate!

I thought it would be fun to see what other people consider really UGLY. Join the fun if you are so inclined. :evil:

This little creation is called: "Butt Ugly Extravaganza".......

kordelia
09-21-2004, 08:17 PM
i'm new, this is my first post, first time on wearable (one of, but not my first love) but i have to reply: other than being upside down, he's not ugly, and were he on the floor, i certainly wouldnt squoosh him.... now i have to go look up 'peyote'.... isnt that something strange with mushrooms you eat in the desert at night???? no wonder you think he's butt ugly..... LOL (i dont know how to do smilies, but i'm winking at you....)

Prudence
09-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Good grief Kordelia, I also thought it was a cute little bug. Great minds think alike!
Mary, Nice caterpillar! I thought it was a girl but I'm sure that Kordelia's correct calling it a "he". Make a few more and attach to pocketbooks or use as pins. Pru

LadyArowana
09-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Hi Kordelia, welcome to wearables :wave: ( you just click on the "smilies" section to the right of the box you type the message in to get them ). I am still trying to catch up from my hols in Germany so havn't had a chance to make anything ( ugly or otherwise ) recently ! Fiona

McDuck
09-21-2004, 11:01 PM
:wave: Welcome kordelia :wave: to the Wearables!!! This is a really awsome place to visit! and stay put as some of us have done.

Mary, errr...ummm...we really need to talk to you about BUTT UGLY. that lil stalk is far from BUTT UGLY. Now go back a few days in show and tell and look at my first goddess. Now she is butt ugly. wide enough to park a semi on. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah can you share the title of your new book please?

And Kordelia i forgot to add you are too cute! no squishies on the floor. hehehe :D

-mary one tired mcduck

Andee
09-22-2004, 04:20 AM
Mary R. - butt ugly? No way! It looks as if it belongs in the sea (no, not to dispose of it, duh! ;) ) - it reminds me very much of a sea anemone! It only need s a few more tentacles! :)

Kordelia - welcome to the Wearables! :)

Beads-Me!
09-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Why Mary - I don't know what you're talking about.... I never make anything ugly!! :wink2: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :wink2: Welcome to WA Kordelia! I'm glad you've joined us....

BlindCaveFish
09-22-2004, 12:09 PM
the moment I saw little "Butt Ugly Extravaganza" i thought of this little animal....the hydra!!!! I think it is almost a perfect likeness
Perhaps you could make some more pond creatures out of beads!

toozygoot
09-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Mary - you'll have to count me in on the "cute" side! I'd like to see a whole plateful of them! You'll have to try harder to produce something Butt Ugly!

:wave: HI Kordelia! Welcome to Wearable Arts!

pat

Mary Riggs
09-22-2004, 04:11 PM
You gals are all so NICE, but I made it ugly on purpose after I finished the tube portion with 6/0. Actually, I gave it to the cats for a toy to (hopefully?) keep them occupied and OFF my beading bench.

Thanks for all the kind words and comments, but I am totally, like, KIDDING!

Gingerbiscuit
09-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Hi Kordelia! Welcome! :wave:

I don't think it's ugly Mary! :)